Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 03:04   Link #621
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
When my friend told me that it was the last episode of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, I was genuinely shocked. It honestly feels more like the halfway point of a 2 cour anime at this point, which is a shame since it blew the other romance shoujo anime of this cour out of the water.
Don't worry Hiiro made it through..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 03:25   Link #622
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

surely the series stalled after certain point but still this was my favorite anime of the season, but its more about the comedy than the romance, im gonna miss natsume, such a lovable character.
Old 2012-12-27, 14:52   Link #623
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This show was good enough to make me forget it was only 13 episodes long.

That being said I'm not going to bother watching the 13th episode, it'll leave a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

:|

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 16:52   Link #624
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Don't worry Hiiro made it through..
Hiiro no Kakera was a split cour
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 20:02   Link #625
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
This show was good enough to make me forget it was only 13 episodes long. That being said I'm not going to bother watching the 13th episode, it'll leave a bad taste in my mouth for sure.:|
Gosh, what a waste. Personally, I loved the final (for now?) episode. Like Guardian_Enzo I found the openness to the future realistic, promising, and enjoyable -- even if I didn't get the kind of finality I might have preferred.

But unlike many people I actually like Haru, for all his blind impulsiveness. And Shizuku is one of the most interesting heroines I can remember. And that's saying nothing about the wonderful Natsume, voiced by new seiyuu Tanezaki Atsumi. Yuu-chan didn't show up much, but I loved her voice, too: Yahagi Sayuri's voice, that is.

At this point, I'll probably start looking at more of the manga, in hopes I'll see Natsume getting closer to either the older guy or the younger guy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:52   Link #626
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Gosh, what a waste. Personally, I loved the final (for now?) episode. Like Guardian_Enzo I found the openness to the future realistic, promising, and enjoyable -- even if I didn't get the kind of finality I might have preferred.

But unlike many people I actually like Haru, for all his blind impulsiveness. And Shizuku is one of the most interesting heroines I can remember. And that's saying nothing about the wonderful Natsume, voiced by new seiyuu Tanezaki Atsumi. Yuu-chan didn't show up much, but I loved her voice, too: Yahagi Sayuri's voice, that is.

At this point, I'll probably start looking at more of the manga, in hopes I'll see Natsume getting closer to either the older guy or the younger guy.
The openness is what will bother me. I'll wait more and I won't be able to get it

That's why I'd rather wait for more, or get into the manga again.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 00:45   Link #627
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

I really enjoyed this series. I hope they make a season 2.
Yuu-chan is so funny, she's the best character from the show along Shizuku and Yamaken.
Old 2012-12-28, 12:40   Link #628
HandofFate

know how for chuunibyou, there was that little flash thing where it had all the moments yuuta hit rika everytime you click the picture.

Wish there was one for Tonari for all the times haru hit shizuku. lol.
Old 2012-12-28, 13:15   Link #629
Nico87

Sales were so poor that I wouldn't bet on a second season. The first volume only costs 3200 Yen after Amazon's usual 24% discount and it still only sold 2.5k copies. Will maybe average at 2k throughout but that's not nearly enough to warrant a second season unless manga sales absolutely skyrocket.
Nico87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:16   Link #630
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
Sales were so poor that I wouldn't bet on a second season. The first volume only costs 3200 Yen after Amazon's usual 24% discount and it still only sold 2.5k copies. Will maybe average at 2k throughout but that's not nearly enough to warrant a second season unless manga sales absolutely skyrocket.
The first volume only had 1 episode
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:22   Link #631
Nico87

Yes. Very irrelevant. Volume 1 sales is a very good indication of how many sales the rest of the volumes will get as well.

Last edited by Nico87; 2012-12-28 at 13:50.
Old 2012-12-28, 16:45   Link #632
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
Yes. Very irrelevant. Volume 1 sales is a very good indication of how many sales the rest of the volumes will get as well.
I don't think it's completely irrelevant. A few series (although in the minority) had slightly lower sales than the 2nd volume because the first one only contained 1 episode.
Plus not every serie that actually had a sequel, has to have over 3k sales. There more than enough exceptions.

Also i am not sure if the total of 2,5k sales has the dvd sales in it.
from the sales thread
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109699

Quote:
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun *1,237+*1,257=*2,494 (Brain's Base)
2012/11/21 *1,237 Vol. 1 Limited Edition (One episode)
2012/11/21 *1,257 Vol. 1
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun had both a limited edition and a regular version for both the DVD and Blu-ray versions.
Unless the 1,2k sales each combined the dvd and blu-ray sales for the limited and regular editions
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 20:23   Link #633
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In any event, BD/DVD sales are of relatively little importance with most shoujo titles - it's manga sales that will determine whether there's a second season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 16:25   Link #634
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I hope the OST comes out soon. In the meanwhile I'll just have to settle for this rather absurdly well done cover.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 16:30   Link #635
Nico87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I hope the OST comes out soon. In the meanwhile I'll just have to settle for this rather absurdly well done cover.
The soundtrack will be included in the third Blu-ray LE volume which will be released on January 23.

And yes, that cover is f*cking excellent.
Old 2012-12-31, 18:06   Link #636
Kirarakim

Cute series not necessarily a favorite but I think Brains Base did a great job with this adaption.

However while I don't think the final episode was bad if this had been 2 cours there was a much more satisfying place to stop, but oh well
Old 2012-12-31, 19:27   Link #637
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Really kind of hard for a good ending at this stage of the show. If people want Mitty and Haru to ended up as a couple as the final episode than that would fast forward to at least 12 chapters, you can't make that huge of a jump.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 19:37   Link #638
Lota

Still haven't got around to watching the last episode, but as far as I understand, nothing gets resolved, so that's better than an anime-original crappy ending which would make a 2nd season impossible. And that's the only thing that makes me hopeful.

Oh, and a detail I'm not sure is worth mentioning. I remembered the very first episode and Mitty's introduction speech. She was saying that there was so much she needed to talk about, introducing our cast one by one. Natsume was introduced by showing a scene from chapter 26 (readers, you know what I'm talking about). I just can't help but wonder why they chose that scene for the introduction if they weren't going to make a 2nd season...
Old 2012-12-31, 22:51   Link #639
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The problem is, they likely don't have a commitment one way or another when they start a project like this - it all depends on BD/DVD and manga sales. They may have had a second season in mind, but that doesn't mean it will ever actually happen.

Kamisama Dolls is a good example of how Brains Base may approach these things. Uezu-sensei tweeted that there were hopes for a second season, depending on sales, but that it didn't look good - they even animated a scene from a theoretical 2nd season for the final episode preview. But we'll likely never see it made.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2013-01-01 at 03:44.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 23:00   Link #640
novalysis

I wonder why Sales for this is so abysmally low? I guess only a significant increase in manga sales could lead to a second season now.

Also, I found from reading the manga that chapter 26 was a very organic stopping point. Shame Tonarri as only one cour.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo