AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 02:20   Link #621
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

PSone-inspired JRPG coming to PS4, Wii U, PS Vita

Quote:
Soul Saga, a Kickstarter-funded RPG inspired by PlayStation classics like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Suikoden, and Persona, is coming to PlayStation 4, Wii U, and PS Vita alongside its already announced PC release.

The game, which has surpassed its $60,000 funding goal, reached an $80,000 stretch goal for the console versions. And just today, it passed the $90,000 stretch goal for airships.

Fifteen days still remain for the game’s funding, with stretch goals such as airship combat, a job board, legendary weapons, and more.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 04:41   Link #622
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Sony fixed the 4.45 bug fast with 4.46 firmware.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/27/s...46-update-fix/
Old 2013-06-30, 07:51   Link #623
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am wondering though, how can Xbox 360 weak performance power is able to play Titan Falls? As oppose to these Exclusives such as Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Falls, and The Order: 1886 are all PS4 exclusive, not PS3. It shows that these games require the best up to date system.
The 360 version of Titanfall will be handled by a different studio.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 08:00   Link #624
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Then are you claiming Reggie personally handles hardware/software development? I understand being in charge of Nintendo of America means he has to be given info from Japan on what kind of console he's selling, and he has to make decisions for localization and licensing, but unless he participates in making the console like Cerny is, I just don't agree that your comparison is valid.

Cerny even states that being a consultant to Sony means he's not directly responsible for managing the workers, meaning he can focus directly on the technical aspect of making game hardware and the software that runs on them. That's still quite different from Reggie who is primarily a businessman responsible for a large branch of a company. Had we been talking about say... Shu Yoshida, you might have had a valid argument.

Maybe calling Reggie just a PR guy is not giving him enough credit, but the fact remains that he is still not in the same kind of position that Cerny is.
Where did I claim that Reggie handles game/software development? Where did I compare Reggie to Mark Cerny? I didn't even mention Cerny in the post you quoted.

You're the one talking about Reggie being a PR spokesperson when he's president of Nintendo America. I've never claimed they were in the same position regardless.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-30 at 20:34. Reason: removed flamebait
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 14:59   Link #625
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Where did I claim that Reggie handles game/software development? Where did I compare Reggie to Mark Cerny? I didn't even mention Cerny in the post you quoted.

You're the one talking about Reggie being a PR spokesperson when he's president of Nintendo America. I've never claimed they were in the same position regardless.
The post I quoted was:

Quote:
The current Sony team is pretty damn good though, give a much better vibe than the sleazy suits of MS and the inept car-salesman air Reggie gives off.
You're either comparing Sony's entire team in general to one man from Nintendo, or you're comparing the man from Sony the thread has been discussing recently (Cerny) to Reggie.

In either case, it's not a valid comparison. I've already said this.

Then you quoted and responded to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Probably because Reggie's job is PR?

I don't think it's fair to compare people responsible for the actual development of Sony consoles to Reggie who has little involvement in making Nintendo consoles.
You did not edit out the second sentence where I said I don't think it's a fair comparison, therefore I have reason to believe you were disagreeing with that part as well.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-30 at 20:35.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:24   Link #626
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Childhood friend heroine? Backed both the PS4 and Vita versions, despite me not having either. XD

Still thinking of getting the figurine, but it essentially costing 165 since I live outside the US is making me think twice...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 19:18   Link #627
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
PSone-inspired JRPG coming to PS4, Wii U, PS Vita

From the look of the style of the game the VITA version is going to be the one to get, while the PS# and Wii U versions will look great this kind of rpg seems to fits better on a portable console.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 19:36   Link #628
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

>PSone-inspired JRPG coming to PS4, Wii U, PS Vita

So it's turn-based?

...After finishing Sappheiros a couple of days ago, I had a bit of trauma at playing games with system like that. They tend to make really hard enemies with simpler battle system orz

I think I'll be getting that for vita though. Playing games like that with big screen is not really to my liking compared to playing it with handheld.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:40   Link #629
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

PlayStation Plus: Celebrating 1 Year of the Instant Game Collection

Old 2013-06-30, 20:48   Link #630
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Isn't that the list about those games that they already offered in IGC this year? Would be cool if they start giving away those again, since I just join PS+ recently.
Old 2013-06-30, 20:55   Link #631
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Same here, just got PS+ recently- these games can help fill the void during those months with gaming drought...
Old 2013-06-30, 23:09   Link #632
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just like my shipping preference is very focused, my gaming preferences veer on only specific games and genres. Of the games offered during the IGC, I only really like to play Double Dragon, KOF 13, and NBA Jam.

Not arguing it's good value though. Maybe once I get PS4 + Vita (what are the odds they'll bundle them together?), or there's a decent game offered, I'll get PS+.

Old 2013-06-30, 23:43   Link #633
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just like my shipping preference is very focused, my gaming preferences veer on only specific games and genres. Of the games offered during the IGC, I only really like to play Double Dragon, KOF 13, and NBA Jam.

Not arguing it's good value though. Maybe once I get PS4 + Vita (what are the odds they'll bundle them together?), or there's a decent game offered, I'll get PS+.
I completely get what you mean, because I'm very picky with games myself.

But my mentality towards this is that since it's free, there's really no harm in trying out a few of them that you normally wouldn't at all.

Although, atm I'm playing Muramasa Rebirth so those PS+ games are collecting cyber dust until I'm done
Old 2013-07-01, 04:45   Link #634
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm sure there are games you would never intend to buy but would actually enjoy if you played the game, that's what's so good about the IGC, as long as you have the bandwidth and hard drive space lol.

I just signed up myself, I was slightly interested in getting X-Com, Saints Row 3rd and Vanquish but just not got around to them since my backlog was so big I couldn't justify buying them. Heck I still have Injustice and Bioshock Infinite unopened....

Edit - I hope that the july update for US PS+ has Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, if not I might sign up for the PAL PS+ as well and grab that before it leaves the rotation in a few days time. DmC is also coming August in PAL, no way I would pay for that game but I'll gladly rent it via this method.

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-07-01 at 05:13.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:51   Link #635
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Boh XCOM and Vanquish are awesome, but hard as balls

Amalur you say? I didn't get a chance to buy it when it first came out...
Old 2013-07-01, 10:05   Link #636
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am wondering though, how can Xbox 360 weak performance power is able to play Titan Falls?
Since when was the Xbox 360 "weak"? This sounds like a troll.
Quote:
As oppose to these Exclusives such as Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Falls, and The Order: 1886 are all PS4 exclusive, not PS3. It shows that these games require the best up to date system.
It doesn't show anything, actually.
Old 2013-07-01, 11:26   Link #637
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I'm sure there are games you would never intend to buy but would actually enjoy if you played the game, that's what's so good about the IGC, as long as you have the bandwidth and hard drive space lol.
Between trying to give a 3 episode grace period for every subbed anime every cour and between the games I specifically buy AND between playing LOL with my friends... if there are games out there I don't want to buy but would enjoy, it's not worth to spend what little free time I have trying to find those hidden gems among all the gravel.

Maybe once I get a Vita that might change though, since I find the Android market to be woefully devoid of decent games that I find myself always looking for games to occupy my 'in between' time.

Old 2013-07-01, 11:48   Link #638
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Titanfall will be 360 as well.

Honestly, I don't know if it's EA or MS's decision here to cross-port to 3 platforms, but doing that instantly destroys Titanfall's potential as a system mover.

Even more so thanks to the 2014 release.... it's going to be competing with some heavy hitters like Destiny.
It'd be EA's decision. They want Titanfall to be the next Call of Duty, and the only way to do so is to have as much penetration as possible. Even if it releases in June 2014, the Xbone install base is going to be 5-6 million at most. A 360 and a PC release will give EA a much better chance of getting enough sales.

On the other hand, EA also took Microsoft's money to make Titanfall an exclusive in the assumption that the Xbone will dominate North America and the UK like the 360 did. But with the pre-order numbers in, and the low allocation of the Xbone, this doesn't look to be the case. I imagine that EA's financials on Titanfall don't look all that good, and they're going to jump to PS4 as soon as the exclusivity contract runs out. This lateness is definitely going to put a damper on their adoption rate.

Quote:
Reggie is in charge of Nintendo of America, saying he's just a PR guy is laughable, just a PR guy is someone like Major Nelson, not someone in Reggie's position. He's suppose to be Nintendo's Jack Tretton, not their Major Nelson. Yes Tretton and Reggie obviously do PR since they try to sell their company but that's not the only thing they do clearly.
To be fair, Nintendo of America doesn't have very much authority - all the shots are called by NCL. It's a stark contrast to how much influence SCEA and SCEE have in the Playstation division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't that the list about those games that they already offered in IGC this year? Would be cool if they start giving away those again, since I just join PS+ recently.
There have been very few repeats so far. Sony's more likely to offer different games instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Since when was the Xbox 360 "weak"? This sounds like a troll.
It is when it's compared to the Xbone and PC. EA wouldn't have brought Titanfall to the 360 if they thought that the numbers were there for the new consoles. The same goes for all the third party publishers (at least for 2014).
Old 2013-07-01, 14:45   Link #639
Dextro
He Without a Title

Disgaea 3 for the Vita was on the Instant Game Collection in the US? Damn, I wish we in europe got that one
Old 2013-07-01, 17:37   Link #640
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Swedish retailer lists Demon’s Souls 2 for PS4

Interesting turn of events? Or big messed up?