AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-02, 20:45   Link #281
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
I'm sorry but I don't not agree with that answer.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Don't get me wrong, I actually like Toujo a lot. It's just that on the issue of relationships I support Manaka x Nishino.

Althought, this last part is quite true...
Quote:
Spoiler:
... Not that I mind or anything...
Old 2006-02-03, 00:08   Link #282
Firestorm10
One Shot of the Awesome

I dont remember Nishino and Manaka ever knocking boots.
Old 2006-03-18, 01:14   Link #283
lolokid

Ichigo 100%

how many volumes are there? i have torrented 18, but are there plans for anymore?

and who do u think that manaka should have ended up with...
Old 2006-03-18, 02:46   Link #284
Anime_o_Daisuki

There are 19 volumes of Ichigo 100%, but the last volume is shorter than the others.
Old 2006-03-18, 02:52   Link #285
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I believe thats it.(19 ... and the last is sort of an epilogue) The studio kind of pulled the plug on the project when it became clear fans were turning into lynch mobs.

My personal belief is that the four girls should have hogtied Manaka and thrown him into the lake, then headed off for some sake and karaoke and other revelry on their own.

Earlier in the series, I had kind of cheered on Satsuki -- she had stated her contention early on and Manaka found it most easy to be with her. That said, I found all four girls had desirable qualities but Manaka I lost all respect for before the damned series even hit the 10th episode.

I"s Pure *seems* to be "Ichigo 100% done right" but I'm being very tentative about it til I see more ... the artwork is certainly much better.
Old 2006-03-18, 11:39   Link #286
rooboy
Umeboshi!

19 is the end.
As a counterbalance (I think people get too worked up over this series), I actually didn't mind Ichigo (no, I'm not saying it's something I loved, but I don't love I''s either). It actually feels a lot more like high school romance to me than most of the other series that are like it. I guess it helps that it has more resonance for me because my best friend was also a girl and we both said we liked each other, but never actually ended up dating. And that, if I had a chance to go back in time and do it all over, she's still not the one I would have dated. I think it probably also helps that the character I like the least is actually Toujo (yes, that means less than Manaka).

Has anyone heard if there's a possibility of Viz bringing over Ichigo? I'm assuming it depends on the popularity of I''s, but does anyone know how well I''s is doing? I'm buying it, Vexx is buying it, I'm assuming some of the other people who are talking about how much more they like it than Ichigo are buying it, but I never really hear it mentioned on any of the articles about better selling manga properties.

EDIT: I'm totally stealing Vexx's signature.
Old 2006-03-18, 14:05   Link #287
lolokid

i sorta wanted tojou because she supported him sooooo much and was crazy in love.......
and where can i find the 19th voolume? thanks
Old 2006-03-18, 15:04   Link #288
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolokid
i sorta wanted tojou because she supported him sooooo much and was crazy in love.......
and where can i find the 19th voolume? thanks
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been scanlated yet.
Old 2006-03-19, 00:57   Link #289
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been scanlated yet.
Huh? Well the Volume might not have, but all the individual chapters that are in the 19th volume have been. I've personally read the ending of ichigo and I don't know any Japanese.

Quote:
I dont remember Nishino and Manaka ever knocking boots.
Umm...read again, the part where her parents weren't home?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-03-19, 12:24   Link #290
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Huh? Well the Volume might not have, but all the individual chapters that are in the 19th volume have been. I've personally read the ending of ichigo and I don't know any Japanese.
Oops, you're correct. I forgot that just because the group I like hasn't finished, does not mean it hasn't been finished at all.
Old 2006-03-21, 13:11   Link #291
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

This might be reviving an old topic but I just finished watching the anime and reading the manga for Ichigo 100%, so I have to comment about it.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-22, 03:55   Link #292
lolokid

i thought in the manga... that SPOILER!!!!

that manaka an tojou were gonna get together Quote: "wait for me" (chapt 18) and she is smiling and the whole world evloves around her beautiful smile...anyway.... i still think she likes him... and i was never a niishino person.... TOJOU #1!!!!!!!
Old 2006-03-22, 05:08   Link #293
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

o_0..... i din know the discussion for the manga/comics is still on

if u guys wanted to understand more of those ichigo girls inner feeling towards manaka and their gd point and defection of expression their feeling...and if u understand chinese, right at those chinese web they have tons of poem about them. ... i do have couple of ichigo 100% fansite and flash..
Old 2006-03-22, 16:30   Link #294
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-25, 00:34   Link #295
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
bah haven't read the ending, just til vol 18. Hopefully when i find it, it ends nicely instead one of those "think it about it afterwards" thing.

Spoiler:

@blue, yah i hated the anime serise. I started with the anime serise. I wasn't very satisfied cuz it didn't give the views a definite answer, just a bunch of crap (tho i think OVA 5/last OVA was quite surprising). Just a comic relief of them not being theirselves. But i guess the anime is what made me want to read the Ichigo 100% manga. Cuz when i first read the manga i thought it was just a no-plot, ero manga (tho it is, but not the no-plot part ). i thoroughly enjoyed up til now. Picking up I"s next
Old 2006-03-25, 23:00   Link #296
djc89

Spoiler:

Oh well...
Old 2006-03-26, 03:44   Link #297
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suspect the choice was either random or that there may have been a planned story arc so that the "chosen girl" would make sense ... but it got short circuited by the studio as they watched the market numbers. Blame the anime? <shrug> Blame the author for being unable to make serious progress after 18 volumes? <shrug>

I may find particular girls my favorite in a story (Motoko, Nerine, Satsuki, etc) but I'd rather see the damned story conclusion make *sense* and have a plot progression that doesn't require jerking the characters around in a manner that makes it clear they're just little drawings on a page rather than illusions of real people. It just isn't any fun reading a story where it is obvious the writers are just forcing the situation -- destroying what they call "suspension of disbelief" in literature.
Old 2006-03-28, 14:15   Link #298
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I suspect the choice was either random or that there may have been a planned story arc so that the "chosen girl" would make sense ... but it got short circuited by the studio as they watched the market numbers. Blame the anime? <shrug> Blame the author for being unable to make serious progress after 18 volumes? <shrug>

I may find particular girls my favorite in a story (Motoko, Nerine, Satsuki, etc) but I'd rather see the damned story conclusion make *sense* and have a plot progression that doesn't require jerking the characters around in a manner that makes it clear they're just little drawings on a page rather than illusions of real people. It just isn't any fun reading a story where it is obvious the writers are just forcing the situation -- destroying what they call "suspension of disbelief" in literature.
its not random..do u wan to know why the author make manaka final relationship to be wif nishino? ...this is all because of the overwhelming popularity of nishino..if not actually initially the author were planned to have toujou end up wif manaka..thats wat the first vol that impress us to determine that..not only apply to ichigo 100% but all romance manga.
quite disappointed wif the decision make by the author to be so indecisive(partially it was our fan fault too )
Old 2006-03-29, 06:56   Link #299
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I think that Aya was actually the most popular choice in Japan by far, so I don't agree with everyone saying the mangaka changed her plans to satisfy the fans!
Old 2006-03-29, 07:34   Link #300
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
I think that Aya was actually the most popular choice in Japan by far, so I don't agree with everyone saying the mangaka changed her plans to satisfy the fans!
ur assumption is wrong...nishino is the most popular char of all the other char..there are tons of poll which are prove to the previous post i had said... u cant just assume based on ur likeness for the char..

it was on the news that the author changed manaka decision to nishino because of the overwhelming popularity of her.

"I don't agree with everyone saying the mangaka changed her plans to satisfy the fans!" u should have agreed it because it is a "FACT!"

i also have a couple of fansite for ichigo 100%, and polls are still taking place for the girls..wat i sees from myself ..the one who always have the highest vote will be none other than nishino tsukasa..btw all are asian region.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen