AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 48 27.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 29.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 20.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 9.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 3.95%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-29, 23:28   Link #421
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If it wasn't romantic, how would you classify it? Buddy sex? Comfort sex? Utility sex? Nina seducing Sergei?
Necessary sex.

In the same way Sergay used to seduce women under Nagi's orders, he would do the deed for something other than romantic love. Compared to assassinating Nagi's brothers, it's a piece of cake.

If Nina is still Nagi's meister, Sergay can never kill Nagi. That's a fact.

Sergay wants to betray Nagi. That is also a fact.

So what other way is there to betray Nagi without getting Nina killed?
Old 2006-03-29, 23:51   Link #422
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Necessary sex.

In the same way Sergay used to seduce women under Nagi's orders, he would do the deed for something other than romantic love. Compared to assassinating Nagi's brothers, it's a piece of cake.

If Nina is still Nagi's meister, Sergay can never kill Nagi. That's a fact.

Sergay wants to betray Nagi. That is also a fact.

So what other way is there to betray Nagi without getting Nina killed?
He used to seduce women? Since when? He was supposed to seduce Arika, but refused to do it. Have there been other women he's seduced? Nagi's orders stated that he should use any means necessary to bring the true princess over to thier side, including seduction if it was necessary. Sergei wasn't trying to seduce Arika, his feelings for her were real.

I can't believe that Sergei would bed Nina because it was necessary. He had other options. He could have walked out, he could have sat her down and just talked it out. He could have just held her until she calmed down. Like others have said, we don't actually see them having sex, and she's still naked in bed while he has his clothes on, so we don't even know if they actually did it. Our only clue after that is the harmonium/robe activation thing, but given the shows love for red herrings and crazy plot developments, we can't even be sure of that.

She said alot of things during that moment. Why did he turn away when she asked him to remove her powers, but then changed his mind when she compared herself to Rena? Nothing in that scene shows that Sergei did it because it was necessary. He did it because he was emotionally compelled to. That's love at work, of some sort.

Nagi shot him because he was going to stop Rena from being the new shinso, and he had shot his partner John Smith. He already did betray Nagi without getting Nina killed. Nagi doesn't seem to know or care that Nina is no longer an otome (if we assume they had sex). All he cares is that she can use the Harmonium.
Old 2006-03-29, 23:54   Link #423
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
He used to seduce women
I think it was hinted by Nagi several episodes back

"Argh those sisters, I should've left them to you Sergay."
-Nagi

Something like that

That and add to the fact that he's got two girls after him it shouldn't be that far off.
Old 2006-03-30, 00:09   Link #424
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoku
He used to seduce women? Since when? He was supposed to seduce Arika, but refused to do it. Have there been other women he's seduced? Nagi's orders stated that he should use any means necessary to bring the true princess over to thier side, including seduction if it was necessary. Sergei wasn't trying to seduce Arika, his feelings for her were real.
If you watch SS's version, they TL'ed that line differently.
It reads, "you can even use your favorite bed trick".
Emphasize on favorite.

Quote:
I can't believe that Sergei would bed Nina because it was necessary. He had other options. He could have walked out, he could have sat her down and just talked it out. He could have just held her until she calmed down. Like others have said, we don't actually see them having sex, and she's still naked in bed while he has his clothes on, so we don't even know if they actually did it. Our only clue after that is the harmonium/robe activation thing, but given the shows love for red herrings and crazy plot developments, we can't even be sure of that.

She said alot of things during that moment. Why did he turn away when she asked him to remove her powers, but then changed his mind when she compared herself to Rena? Nothing in that scene shows that Sergei did it because it was necessary. He did it because he was emotionally compelled to. That's love at work, of some sort.
Let's agree to disagree on that point.

Quote:
Nagi shot him because he was going to stop Rena from being the new shinso, and he had shot his partner John Smith. He already did betray Nagi without getting Nina killed. Nagi doesn't seem to know or care that Nina is no longer an otome (if we assume they had sex). All he cares is that she can use the Harmonium.
Sergay's plan was to break Nina's bond with Nagi, destroy both Rena's casket and the Harmonium, and then ran away with her.
Had Sergay succeeded, Nagi would then be killed by his enemies, which is why taking Nina's powers away is necessary.
Old 2006-03-30, 00:28   Link #425
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
I think it was hinted by Nagi several episodes back

"Argh those sisters, I should've left them to you Sergay."
-Nagi

Something like that

That and add to the fact that he's got two girls after him it shouldn't be that far off.
Hmm. One can actually say that Nagi meant to suggest for Sergey to assasinated them as well. It wasn't specific whether Nagi was suggesting seduction or plain "get rid of them" via assasination, in that version of the translation.
Old 2006-03-30, 00:31   Link #426
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Hmm. One can actually say that Nagi meant to suggest for Sergey to assasinated them as well. It wasn't specific whether Nagi was suggesting seduction or plain "get rid of them" via assasination, in that version of the translation.
I was more inclined to base my evidence on Nagi's letter ordering Sergay to seducing Arika to his side, back then when they thought she was the princess.

This isn't the kind of order one would give lightly unless it has happened successfully before.
Old 2006-03-30, 00:38   Link #427
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
If you watch SS's version, they TL'ed that line differently.
It reads, "you can even use your favorite bed trick".
Emphasize on favorite.
I've watched Doremi from the beginning. I've watched some of the SS episodes, and I have noticed that some lines are translated differently. It isn't exactly fair to claim which one is more accurate though.

Quote:
Let's agree to disagree on that point.
I agree. It's a tiring subject that has been dissected down to opinions at this point.

Quote:
Sergay's plan was to break Nina's bond with Nagi, destroy both Rena's casket and the Harmonium, and then ran away with her.
Had Sergay succeeded, Nagi would then be killed by his enemies, which is why taking Nina's powers away is necessary.
I can't disagree with that thought, but Sergei doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be an opportunist that would use his daughter to betray someone else. But then again, I also thought he was too honorable to have sex with Nina, so...yeah.
Old 2006-03-30, 00:39   Link #428
Eclipze

Quote:
I was more inclined to base my evidence on Nagi's letter ordering Sergay to seducing Arika to his side, back then when they thought she was the princess.

This isn't the kind of order one would give lightly unless it has happened successfully before.
Well, I was basing it on 2 things:
1) That version of the translation, that SoldierOfDarkness provided.
2) The fact that Nagi found them annoying. How exactly would "seducing the women" remove the source of the noise?
Old 2006-03-30, 00:58   Link #429
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I can't disagree with that thought, but Sergei doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be an opportunist that would use his daughter to betray someone else. But then again, I also thought he was too honorable to have sex with Nina, so...yeah.
Use his daughter?
How?

Fact of the matter is, Nagi has so many enemies that if he ever lose the Harmonium and Rena's corpse, he would be in serious danger of being killed.

And Nina would go down with the ship, unless Sergay did something about it first.

So exactly what part of "using" did Sergay do to Nina?
Old 2006-03-30, 02:27   Link #430
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Use his daughter?
How?

Fact of the matter is, Nagi has so many enemies that if he ever lose the Harmonium and Rena's corpse, he would be in serious danger of being killed.

And Nina would go down with the ship, unless Sergay did something about it first.

So exactly what part of "using" did Sergay do to Nina?
I never said he used her. I said the opposite actually. I said he doesn't seem like the type of person who would use his own daughter for self interest. I conceded that his actions haven't followed my impression of him before, which is why I mentioned how I thought he'd be honorable and push Nina away, but I was proven wrong in that regard. My point is that sometimes his actions don't always follow what we think he'll actually do. That's why I didn't disagree with ArchDragon, but that I also didn't see Sergei being that much of a planner. Nothing we've seen so far indicates he's that methodical in his actions. Perhaps that was his plan all along, but somehow I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

In any case, the rebellion isn't going to know that Nina and Sergei got it on. They are fighting to reclaim the Kingdom, and Garderobe. In the course of this, it's possible Nagi might die, taking Nina with him. She's a villain in thier eyes, she's done bad things, even if she's been manipulated or played the part reluctantly. That's the risk of making a contract. Nagi used Sergei's betrayal to his advantage yet again, so Nina will be causing all sorts of destruction with the Harmonium, which won't help her case in the eyes of the world.

It seems at this point the only person that isn't Sergei that wants to help Nina is Arika.
Old 2006-04-01, 02:51   Link #431
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
Yes, I know.
But she was talking about DOWNTOWN LA.

One would think that the whole downtown would be well patrolled by police...

Yeah patrolled by *corrupt* cops. Never did trust LA cops...heh

Seriously though, I should give you a tour around the slummy area of downtown....it's total smut. The heart of downtown is the only thing that looks decent (and the Little Tokyo District)...the outskirts are the really bad parts especially in areas of the Jewelry and Toy districts where many of them are basically fronts for something else.

About Sergei and "Necessary Sex", that's what I was thinking too. I always thought it was his way of extracting information. It really is the easiest way too.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-04-01, 20:28   Link #432
shikamarufoo

I just caught up from like eps17-24 and it made me shocked! I coudln't believe Mai Otome was going to turn like this, kinda like Mai Hime.
I really loved this episode, specially with them finally showing Mikoto and Mai...I love Mikoto's uniform!
Lots of twists and turns, just the way I love my Mai series !
Overall 10/10!
Closed Thread