AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-08-24, 00:42   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 552 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...whihc are now released...

Quote:
-The Nagato Fight is over. Nagato is sealed.

-Cut to Kabuto, who is complaining about Nagato and Itachi. He alludes to a trump card that he must now play…

-Cut to Naruto, who attempts to use Kage Bushin, only for the technique to fizzle due to Kyuubi Mode.

- Itachi tells Naruto that going after the zombies by himself is a bad move. Specifically, the Hokages job is not to support everyone, but to be supported by everyone…? (Kind of a stupid phrase (hopefully the translations will clear it up).) Itachi asks Kirabi to take care of Naruto, and then he leaves…

-Cut to Gaara fight. Things are going badly…? Naruto saves the day…?

Last edited by james0246; 2011-08-24 at 07:57.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 01:27   Link #2
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

1st post. Money.

I think we've all seen enough of naruto and bee, and I'm pretty sure this chapter is going to revolve around madara. He has all the beasts' charkas... does anyone think he is going to put the ninja army under a temporary moon genjutsu to gain more of an upper hand?
Old 2011-08-24, 05:08   Link #3
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
1st post. Money.

I think we've all seen enough of naruto and bee, and I'm pretty sure this chapter is going to revolve around madara. He has all the beasts' charkas... does anyone think he is going to put the ninja army under a temporary moon genjutsu to gain more of an upper hand?
Well, he doesn't have the eight- and ninetails, yet, so I doubt that's even going to work. He will probably gain a bit of an upper hand shortly though, with his newly created Pain. I just hope he doesn't get to face Naruto and Bee. This is an excellent opportunity to let other characters shine. Kakashi vs. Deva Pain, I want a rematch.^^

Hopefully we get some more info on what Kabuto's plotting as well.
Old 2011-08-24, 05:34   Link #4
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
as much as i want to see more naruto and bee with king itachi....we need to focus on the main character of the manga...which is of course kakashi.
Old 2011-08-24, 10:42   Link #5
haegar
mangaviking

not sure if that spoiler sounds right. He's been kagebunshining all over the place supposedly, and now suddenly it screws up? 0.o sound weird. Itachi leaving only to try to talk some sense into Sasuske and failing (presumably, that is) would also suck. And since we're at it, why should the smartass say the hokages need to be backed up / protected and then "leave"? 0.o, again. He might as well stick around, he did a good job at protecting Naruto. Now of course Kishi can't have him be backup all the time - cause Naruto has to do stuff himself ... but I'd rather have him sacrifice himself against some shit Madara pulls then simply stroll off ^^

For those reasons, I call fake despite generally trusting james on spoilers
Old 2011-08-24, 11:05   Link #6
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Well that rasengan at the end is probaly not naruto saving the day especially after that speech of trusting your friends, its jiraya under kabutos control his so called "trump card"
Old 2011-08-24, 11:07   Link #7
Bern-san

not a bad chapter, of course thanks to itachi

Spoiler for just in case:
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 11:09   Link #8
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Itachi tells Naruto that going after the zombies by himself is a bad move. Specifically, the Hokages job is not to support everyone, but to be supported by everyone…? (Kind of a stupid phrase (hopefully the translations will clear it up).) Itachi asks Kirabi to take care of Naruto, and then he leaves…
Unless I read it wrong, Itachi actually tells Naruto that a person doesn't become recognized/accepted (認められる) because (s)he is made Hokage. Rather, (s)he is made Hokage because (s)he is recognized/accepted.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 11:11   Link #9
Rahan

Judging at this chapter, it really sounds like Kishi originally intended for Nagato to play Itachi's role.
And then Kishi read the popularity polls.

But Itachi surviving and going solo against the Edo Tensei while completely ignoring Sasuke is pretty much the most random and dumbest thing that could happen.
Itachi was all about Sasuke (to paraphrase some guy from NF, this chapter could be summarized by "I could fix everything by appearing before Sasuke, but Kishi thought your little bromance of love vs hatred was more important") and has no connection whatsoever with Kabuto (while a fight between Kabuto and Nagato would showcase who has the greatest power over life and death since it's what Edo Tensei and Rinnegan are about)
Also Itachi is playing the role of Naruto's senior /guide now ? While Nagato did nothing for Naruto beside calling him his junior ? And how the fuck Itachi would know Naruto is adored now. He died long before the Pain fight, Naruto wasn't even close from being a hero in Konoha back then.

And Nagato was running and jumping last chapter, and suddenly, he is not mobile anymore ? And we know for a fact he can give himself those Astro Boy Rocket legs that one of his path had, so why would mobility be a problem all of sudden ? This is completely dumb. Kishi absolutely failed with this fight.

Does Itachi intend to fail or he hopes no one will wonder what happened if he succeeds at handling Kabuto / the Edo Tenseis ? I mean, he intends to remove from the battlefields zombies who are fighting thousand of ninjas ? Even if he does it remotely, it should attract attention. Especially if it happened when Naruto is with the army fighting zombies and that no other known ninja is fighting Kabuto.

And Naruto is told to handle Madara and that Itachi will handle the Edo, and 10 pages later we have is Naruto (or clones) vs Edo ? Was Kishi drunk when he imagined the outline of the arc or what ?

At least, the crow is gone. But Kishi was more or less forced to remove it since the crow would have created an interference during the Naruto vs Sasuke fight and that idea has been bashed for years on all the forums possible.

Last edited by Rahan; 2011-08-24 at 11:58.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 11:19   Link #10
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Expecting Zombie Jiraya next chapter or the one after that.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 11:25   Link #11
NoLongerSane

Spoiler for 552. Just in case.:
Old 2011-08-24, 11:36   Link #12
Kowai

So itachi is going to release the edo tensei (with his sharingan for example).

I was hoping that Kakashi would fight kabuto since they seemed like rivals from part 1.

It would be cool if orochimaru reveals himself, kabuto sticking his tongue out was very oro-esque. Oro vs itachi the rematch??

Oh and I thought it was funny how this chapter confirmed what everyone else was saying about leaders not doing everything on their own blablabla
Old 2011-08-24, 12:12   Link #13
kakakka

Nice Chapter.

Glad to see Itachi (again) covering some of the points that was needed to be touched upon.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:22   Link #14
mrShady

All that speculation about the crow only to have it vanish within 3 (or is it 4) chapters... typical.
Anyway what has been set up makes sense in a way though I also wished Kakashi would defeat Kabuto. And my guess is that Kabuto's trump card is the same one he threatend Madara with?
Seems interesting, though Itachi would be better spent fighting Madara instead since he shares more connections with him.

And that final page isn't that the tailed beast bomb?
seemed awfully similair.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:36   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Unless I read it wrong, Itachi actually tells Naruto that a person doesn't become recognized/accepted (認められる) because (s)he is made Hokage. Rather, (s)he is made Hokage because (s)he is recognized/accepted.
Thanks for the clarification (I had posted a synopsis of the intial translated spoilers that didn't make much sense...).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:39   Link #16
Shining Celebi
a

I'm kind of baffled why anyone is surprised that it is Itachi who is going to take on Kabuto. He's the only person that stands a chance except Madara, and it's already been established that genjutsu is the only way to truly stop Edo Tensei. It would be absurd if the level of genjutsu that someone like Kakashi can muster is enough to get Kabuto. Of course, anyone attacking Kabuto will also have to worry about zombies defending him, and of course Itachi is the only person in the Narutoverse with offensive sealing.

Now, I am terribly disappointed that Bee, Naruto, and Itachi aren't going everywhere together, because they would be the most unstoppable team ever.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:40   Link #17
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
But Itachi surviving and going solo against the Edo Tensei while completely ignoring Sasuke is pretty much the most random and dumbest thing that could happen.
Itachi was all about Sasuke (to paraphrase some guy from NF, this chapter could be summarized by "I could fix everything by appearing before Sasuke, but Kishi thought your little bromance of love vs hatred was more important") and has no connection whatsoever with Kabuto (while a fight between Kabuto and Nagato would showcase who has the greatest power over life and death since it's what Edo Tensei and Rinnegan are about).
Yeah i agree. It would be so much easier for Itachi to confront Sasuke, because he could still be very influential to him but instead Itachi's not going to because he already failed once, despite stating that the reason he failed was because he tried to do it all himself, which he wouldn't be doing if he confronted Sasuke with Naruto. It doesn't make any sense really, but we have to put up with this cheap Handwaving because Kishimoto really loves his bromance.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:43   Link #18
kakakka

Itachi's good at running away from the mistakes he had a hand in the past... No surprise he doesn't want to see what had become of Sasuke because of him.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:55   Link #19
christinemarie
Crazy One

From the earlier chapters Kabuto mentioned he had two trump cards. First, is something Madara makes him concede on Kabuto's demand for alliance as well handing over Sasuke when everything is settled. Second, as we all know that Jiraya and Naruto helped and fight with Kabuto and Orochimaru with the shrouded in fear Tsunade being beaten by Kabuto only to be saved by Naruto with Rasengan. During that time Orochimaru managed to get some DNA sample from Jiraya, so Kabuto considered it as a secret weapon.

Kabuto plans to use Jiraya against Naruto. I'm confident its not Konohamaru or Kakashi, Naruto might appear if Kishimoto plans a father vs adopted son match between Killer Bee and Tsuchikage's father.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:34   Link #20
Shining Celebi
a

Kabuto has already told Madara he was unable to obtain any of Jiraiya's DNA, and it's hard to see why he would need to lie to Madara about that.

The trump cards we know about:
Kabuto's "that jutsu" in addition to Edo Tensei;
The resurrected individual who frightened Madara.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion