AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-10, 13:26   Link #1
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i was looking around for other work that tenma's voice actor did and there wasnt very much, i was surprised. her voice and animation make a huge impact on this show. i read the comic recently and it really pales in comparison to the anime. the animation is very fluid and seems to be one of MFI's better works.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2006-03-10 at 17:35.
Old 2006-03-10, 19:19   Link #2
Calca
Expressionless

School Rumble Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

http://animenewsnetwork.com/

School Rumble Actress Change (2006-03-10 10:45:27)
According to the official website the voice of Karen Ichijou will change in the new season of School Rumble. Yuuka Nanri had to give up her role due to scheduling conflicts. She is replaced by Mako, famous for her performance as Yurie Hitotsubashi in Kamichu! [ discuss ]

Nooooooooooooo! There goes the adorable voice that fit Karen!

Although, the person who did Yurie did an excellent job as well...
Old 2006-03-10, 19:27   Link #3
YakuMoFan~
--//Anime Newb\\-- ^^

Yeah.. True, Her voice was adorable Its not gonna be the same.. X.o
Old 2006-03-17, 19:42   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i love that ending song. its plain hot.

i cant wait for season 2. its gona be sad not having the same ichijou but im sure the new actor will do her best.
Old 2006-03-30, 03:18   Link #5
arenine

Quote:
i was looking around for other work that tenma's voice actor did and there wasnt very much, i was surprised. her voice and animation make a huge impact on this show. i read the comic recently and it really pales in comparison to the anime. the animation is very fluid and seems to be one of MFI's better works.
Yea, tenma's voice actor was only around 18 years old when she did School Rumble. It would seem to me that she definitely has a bright future ahead of her.
Old 2006-04-12, 00:45   Link #6
DrewGSR

I dunno, I just don't feel comfortable listening Ichijou talking, It just doestn' sound right with the new VA..

Last edited by DrewGSR; 2006-04-12 at 16:40.
Old 2006-04-13, 10:06   Link #7
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenine
Yea, tenma's voice actor was only around 18 years old when she did School Rumble. It would seem to me that she definitely has a bright future ahead of her.
Ami Koshimizu? IMO, she belongs to a very rare class of seiyuu. The one who nails the role right on the very first try [for Nadja]. Helps that throughout SR she displays a number of voices and modes [like when she was delivering her Love arrows in season 1 ], so it's pretty clear the girl has range.

Amazingly enough, she is co-starred with a pair of VA who also "got" the characters from the start. Hitomi Nabatame [Tsukihime's Arcuide] as classic tomboy Mikoto and Kaori Shimizu [Lain] as the ever observant Akira. SR had one of the best ensemble VA performances last year IMO and they look set to continue into 2006.
Old 2006-04-15, 01:51   Link #8
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
SR had one of the best ensemble VA performances last year IMO and they look set to continue into 2006.
I agree with you 100%. The actors were casted into their destined characters. But I don't feel comfortable with the new voice actress for Ichijou Karen. Karen's voice is just not right with the new voice actor.
Old 2006-06-02, 08:57   Link #9
Shredder

YUI!!! I always end up having crushes on Yui's characters, first Naru Narusegawa now Eri. There's something about her sweet little voice. No more Scramble in season 2, ahh! The new song is ok, I really enjoyed the trance version in ep 6.

Tenma is so energetic and such a peppy voice. Good voice cast, even if Harima and Hanai do sound 25
Old 2006-06-05, 05:23   Link #10
dangitsdon
Yakumo's Pick

Send a message via AIM to dangitsdon
Karen's new seiyuu is alright. but true, she is ganbatte-ing.
But, i think the best seiyuu is tenma's. excellent job. she makes the show.
and of course, everyone else fits so perfectly.
YAKUMO!!!!!!!!!!! (noto mamiko is also witchblade!)
Old 2006-06-05, 08:57   Link #11
Shredder

Yakumo's voice is a little deep; it was Yukinari in Girls Bravo (a wimpy harem guy)
Old 2006-06-05, 16:28   Link #12
justMartin
.gif noob

Ami Koshimizu also voiced in mai otome, a completly opposite character with deeper voice. Also very well done!
Old 2006-06-05, 18:10   Link #13
Shredder

btw do guys ever voice for girl characters, or is that too degrading?
Old 2006-06-06, 14:47   Link #14
ChronoReverse

I always get a laugh for the outbursts from Tenma's VA. Her litle squeal when Harima appeared with bananas had me in stitches.
Old 2006-06-06, 23:49   Link #15
taichikun14

harima's voice

i LOVE harima's voice like no other. he always sounds hilarious!! he could sound so mean as a tough-guy, so nice when he's in tenma-mode ("defense...defense..." from ep9), and sooo hilarious when he's in wtf?! mode....

and not many people seemed to like his character songs, but i loved them... LOVED LOVED LOVED "kun he kazi ni notte"!!

funny to think that he used to play impmon on digimon tamers...his voice was so chibi sounding in that show...
Old 2006-06-16, 01:09   Link #16
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I feel bad for Lala's seiyuu, because of all the screaming that she does I dunno. Maybe it's just because I had just listened to her many works in the Negima series as Setsuna, a character who isn't quite as "gorilla-ish". In fact, she's quite a good singer. Even during the live Negima concert, she did well.

About Ichijou's seiyuu change...I knew there was something different about her voice the second time around. Not that it has much to do with the new seiyuu, but I'm not too fond of that "Tonight is such a graceful crescent moon..." song

In the end, I don't have any complaints about the cast. I really like how they can pull off all the characters' different emotions and moods (especially for Imadori and Harima).
Old 2006-06-16, 01:56   Link #17
Shredder

Harima's two-sidedness is almost like two different seiyuus. One each to accompany whichever drawing style is used
Old 2006-06-16, 03:17   Link #18
Anime Online

Harima is definitely my most favorite character in School Rumble. His seiyuu is flexible enough to bring across the different sides of Harima's character.
Old 2006-06-16, 10:22   Link #19
Shredder

W/o Harima I wonder how worthwhile the series would be. Not nearly as much that's for sure
Old 2006-06-16, 19:25   Link #20
potatokan

Oh how true that is. I think it would still be worth watching... just it would be half as good. I like all of the voice actors except for most of the new ones... I really don't think that they are adding much to the show except taking away time from the good characters.
Closed Thread