AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 44.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 19.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-26, 12:51   Link #201
nanafan
horo fan

for awhile i got shocked a lot. not so much atm. i always wait to see if the ed is one i have heard of only a few i have heard of.
Old 2007-06-26, 18:00   Link #202
Crazy_O

konatas dad and her teacher should get together, that would be funny ^^
Old 2007-06-26, 18:27   Link #203
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Although there's absolutely no evidence that might happen, it would be amusing for Kona to have a step-mom to game with and the trauma of having her own teacher become her step-mom.

If Nanako cosplays, Kona-dad would probably just be unable to withstand the nirvana...

What Kona-mom's spirit might think...... heh... though she seems nice enough not to haunt them in a bad way.
Old 2007-06-27, 12:54   Link #204
Aime
Lo Siento Mucho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Lol that "I had a feeling I saw a girl in a sailor uniform with a machine gun walk by"... Isn't that Sailor Fuku To Kikanjuu reference?(The Drama which Kagami sang the op back in episode 4)
i thought she was talking about Gunslinger girls
Old 2007-06-27, 12:56   Link #205
Aime
Lo Siento Mucho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsus View Post
Maybe not a time paradox. Konata rebuilt reality so Kagami was in the same class as her

And I thought it was Gunslinger Girl too, but googling it revealed it was Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu, Asakusa being mentioned and all that.

Good eye.
ooooh I suppose I'll have to see this one
Old 2007-06-27, 13:02   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The gods of the forum prefer that you try not to double post. If you have something to add and are still the previous poster - just edit that post.
That's what the edit button is for
Old 2007-06-27, 15:45   Link #207
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_O View Post
konatas dad and her teacher should get together, that would be funny ^^
She's too old for him.
Old 2007-06-27, 17:50   Link #208
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What Kona-mom's spirit might think...... heh... though she seems nice enough not to haunt them in a bad way.
but honestly can you see kona's dad wanting to hurt his dead wife's soul so much? i think he would rather stay a widower :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-27, 18:12   Link #209
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, that's not the way people think of the departed with Shinto.
Spoiler for notes about Kona-mom and Kona-dad:
Old 2007-06-27, 18:26   Link #210
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
eh???
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-27, 19:20   Link #211
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

9/10

Good episode indeed, almost near perfection. =w=

LOVED seeing Konata in Santa costume and Kagami in her miko/shrine maiden outfit. =w=

Izumi sensei (Kona's dad)...you'll never be able to be mad at Kona. LOL, he's so random at times.

Finally!! 2 more of the LC chars appear!! To top it off Yutaka will probably be showing up soon too!! =w=

o_O!! Yui-san is drunk!? (A great example she sets. LOL)
Old 2007-06-27, 20:44   Link #212
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
eh???
Spoiler:
Hate to keep this in spoilers but those who've not read the manga may not want to know...
Spoiler for more Kona-mom stuff:
Old 2007-06-28, 05:13   Link #213
Ziv

In the scene where Konata has a cup of ramen, I know it's blatant advertising, but I was rather intrigued to see the Cup Noodle brand. Is the ramen you buy in the US the same as what you can get in Japan, or do they change it to appeal to westerners?
Old 2007-06-28, 09:31   Link #214
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
In the scene where Konata has a cup of ramen, I know it's blatant advertising, but I was rather intrigued to see the Cup Noodle brand. Is the ramen you buy in the US the same as what you can get in Japan, or do they change it to appeal to westerners?
Please forgive me for the possible outburst.

No, they are absolutely not the same. American Cup Noodles are filled with salt, bad flavor, westernized vegetables that don't fit in soup whatsoever, and fake vegetarian meat. I was overjoyed to see them when I first moved to the US, and the moment I tasted them I deflated. It is just not the same, and it is worse.

The kind of cup noodles they market in Asia (well...I'll tell you what I had in Hong Kong) had pretty believable flavors. The seafood kind had faux cuttlefish, faux shrimp, faux crab, and lettuce. The beef kind had actual slices of beef in it, and vegetables are usually scallion rather than green peas. There's also a chicken and mushroom flavor that had actual pieces of chicken and mushroom. They are awesome.

So yeah...when I go back to Hong Kong on mid-July, I'm going to eat a lot of those.

Sorry...back to your topics before I get too hungry.
Old 2007-06-28, 09:56   Link #215
lftwgr

Quote:
Although there's absolutely no evidence that might happen, it would be amusing for Kona to have a step-mom to game with and the trauma of having her own teacher become her step-mom.
I think the trauma's more likely coming from the fact that her new step-mom will police her gaming habits more strictly - if Nanako is around, I guess Konata can say au revoir to her bishoujo/dating-sim games.

Quote:
The kind of cup noodles they market in Asia (well...I'll tell you what I had in Hong Kong) had pretty believable flavors. The seafood kind had faux cuttlefish, faux shrimp, faux crab, and lettuce. The beef kind had actual slices of beef in it, and vegetables are usually scallion rather than green peas. There's also a chicken and mushroom flavor that had actual pieces of chicken and mushroom. They are awesome.
Where I am, my favorite flavor is chilli crab (fake crab, scallion, chilli paste and enough MSG to put anything to sleep - or permanent hair loss). Although the most interesting variant I've eaten are the ones imported from Japan - kitsune soba actually has a whole dehydrated kitsune in it.
Old 2007-06-28, 13:41   Link #216
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll vouch for the fact that once you try asian import noodles, you kind of wonder what malicious evil people decided to sell the completely craptastic versions that get sold in American chain grocery stores.
Old 2007-06-28, 16:19   Link #217
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I'll vouch for the fact that once you try asian import noodles, you kind of wonder what malicious evil people decided to sell the completely craptastic versions that get sold in American chain grocery stores.
I just found some Nong Shim Kimchi noodles sitting in an average convience store. I find this stuff to be extremely good, comes with two flavour packs, a plastic spoon, and it has so much flavour I often find myself scrapping the sides of the bowls. They make Mr Noodles taste like Campbells Chicken Noodle soup in terms of spicyness and flavour. If only they had that Tom Yum Flavour soup though, so far I've only found one store that sells it in the big city next to mine. Anyway I snatched up like 8 bowls for about CAD $11.00 including Shrimp, Beef, Spicy and some huge monster bowl version of the spicy stuff.
Old 2007-06-28, 17:39   Link #218
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hey, you're making Canadian convenience stores sound like exotic wonderlands compared to.... o wait, they are.

Old 2007-06-28, 19:18   Link #219
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Hey, you're making Canadian convenience stores sound like exotic wonderlands compared to.... o wait, they are.

Well Canada is pretty much a multi-cultural country in every sense of the word. As such a lot of convenience stores stock foods from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds. One store I know of sells specially prepared Halal meat. Another sells Pocky, Yum Chew candy, Japanese potato chips, Black Black gum, all kinds of Japanese Candy, Pretz, Pocari Sweat, Calpis and many other import foods as well as just regular pepsi, coke and Lays Potato Chips and is sandwiched between an urban clothing store and TD Canada Trust Bank (If I recall, I'm dead certain on the urban clothing store though). So if you are ever in Hamilton, Ontario people, be sure to stop by Jackson Square and head to the DoReMi store, you'll know it in an instant based on all the posters of Asian Movie Stars and the manic store logo.

Then you too can be like Konata and Kagami and enjoy delicious Banana Pocky and Ramen Noodles.
Old 2007-06-28, 19:45   Link #220
lftwgr

As much as cravings for Japanese snack foods are easily met nowadays, there is still a dearth of melon pans, taiyaki and more importantly chocolate coronet (!) at local bakeries. I suppose you can say otaku culture hasn't truly gotten in here yet.

Otherwise, you can say we have it good here - local supermarts stock up on dried products and snacks virtually everywhere you go.
Closed Thread