AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-15, 21:03   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh yes, fry something that requires some blowing to cool down before eating, but she just holds it in her hand as if nothing is wrong. I guess in Okinawa, objects can magically change its temperature at random.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 22:25   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So Kukuru just threw Fuuka into the deep with out much of her being broken in on how to feed or getting used the the animals
Yep. What a shock that doing that didn't turn out well . I know the pressure is on for that aquarium. But that was a relatively foreseeable disaster. Not unrealistic in some ways, but definitely foreseeable.
Old 2021-07-16, 05:35   Link #43
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

really liking things so far.

OP and ED are also amazing.
as an aquarium enthusiast, I'm enjoying this a lot.
have been taking care of pet fish since I was in grade school.

do hope Fuuka can somehow become an idol again in some way. I want her dream to come true as well, and of course the aquarium should be saved!

setting aside some cash, which will be my support later for this show. As long as they keep giving me good things up to the end.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-07-16 at 06:59.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 11:54   Link #44
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Surprisingly, the one character that might end up being gay is the dude with no motivation. But he won't. PA works is probably never going to get out of their comfort zone when it comes to these kind of stories.
And that's good thing. BL is niche and while quite popular it's audience have basically no overlap with audience of "cute girl doing cute stuff".

Basically it would turn off more people then it would attract.
Old 2021-07-16, 19:54   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
And that's good thing. BL is niche and while quite popular it's audience have basically no overlap with audience of "cute girl doing cute stuff".

Basically it would turn off more people then it would attract.
These types of PA stories don't really feel as much just cute girls though. It's more of a youth story, that focuses somewhat on the male cast too.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-07-17, 09:33   Link #46
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So Kukuru just threw Fuuka into the deep with out much of her being broken in on how to feed or getting used the the animals
The safety of the animals is the top priority! Now, go get close to the animals and handle their food without any training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh yes, fry something that requires some blowing to cool down before eating, but she just holds it in her hand as if nothing is wrong. I guess in Okinawa, objects can magically change its temperature at random.
To be fair, it is far easier to burn the inside of your mouth than your hands. Doesn't excuse her not showing SOME level of reaction to the heat on her hands though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 11:34   Link #47
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
These types of PA stories don't really feel as much just cute girls though. It's more of a youth story, that focuses somewhat on the male cast too.
Sure, but target group is more or less same. Lily would work, rose not at all.
Old 2021-07-18, 01:29   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kukuru is indeed working just by emotion alone. She was immediately willing to put Fuuka into frontliner work without putting her into the same kind of training that aquarium workers deserve. Of course it didn't work, and Fuuka shouldn't be at fault for this. I can't blame Kukuru for how she acted though. She probably feels like she's the only one who's fighting the good fight, and it was only during that welcoming party that she could realize that she has more allies in her fight to save Gama Gama Aquarium.

I can still see some parallels to Hanasaku Iroha here, but I wonder how the Save Gama Gama Plan would fit into two cours.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 20:38   Link #49
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Episode ended ok, but director was wrong to give former idol a frontline job without proper training. Hopefully those scumbags never return, and the aquarium sees better financial days soon.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 17:05   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked the third episode. The plot was telegraphed (of course the vet's water would break on the one day she visits the aquarium) but it was handled well. And there was no stupid stuff like having her delivering the baby at the aquarium. Yeah, I'm pretty sure some shows would have done that.
Old 2021-07-22, 17:11   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, they actually dragged her giving birth throughout the entire 2nd half of the episode. I hope it doesn't turn out that they only had 1-cour worth of material, but decided to drag it out into 2-cour.
Also, apparently in Okinawa, there is a lack of taxis and ambulences. 'Kay.

Old 2021-07-22, 19:17   Link #52
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Despite the positivity of the episode, I felt sad overall. It was like seeing a bed of flowers on an overcast day—sure, the flowers are beautiful, but it doesn't change the overall mood. It kinda hurts that Kukuru is still fighting while the rest of the cast are, well, preparing for the worst, especially with the previous episode showing that there's at least some support for Kukuru's crusade.

The show seems to be heading for a less cheery story than all the other Working Girls shows (even less cheery than Sakura Quest). Not that I don't like it, but there will be feels, and there will be broken hearts somewhere along the line.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 20:52   Link #53
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well didnt really see that Fuuka would point out there was something wrong with that penguin before Kukuru did

Well saw that one coming but at less there once calm head during her water braking just dont know way they help her into the office instead just having her lie down in the middle of the aquarium
Old 2021-07-23, 01:35   Link #54
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

My only quibble was that if her water really had broken, it would have been all over the floor, not to mention her pants. But that might have been a bit too true-to-life for anime. Yes, in anime you can have blood spewing everywhere from people getting limbs hacked off, but not the reality of childbirth.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 06:06   Link #55
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

pregnant vet about to give birth gives stress to workers in the aquarium. Glad it was resolved well.

Fuuka has now told her mom she is helping out at an aquarium. I guess it's time to eventually expect drama about her mom wanting her to go home / leave the aquarium.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-07-23 at 06:58.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 11:07   Link #56
Dop
Mmmm....

It was obvious what was going to happen the moment the heavily pregnant doctor arrived, and as has already been stated, waters breaking would be a whole lot messier.

Also, I'm calling it now, some hints there which I reckon point to Fuuka being Kukuru's sister who was given away for adoption.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 18:49   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Also, I'm calling it now, some hints there which I reckon point to Fuuka being Kukuru's sister who was given away for adoption.
That would be one of the dumbest twist in all of anime. Fuuka looks absolutely nothing like Kukuru and her parents, and she ended up here completely randomly.
Old 2021-07-23, 19:14   Link #58
Dop
Mmmm....

It would be incredibly hokey, but the thing with the maternity books implies Kukuru has an unknown sibling, and with the whole local god thing and the other hokey aspects I'd still not be surprised if Fuuka was guided there by the local god to meet her true family and such like.

Given how obvious the main plot point was this episode I don't put anything past this show, no matter how hokey!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 23:17   Link #59
scififan

Not sure about hokey. On several occasion, the story hinted subjects/location related to WW2 casualties.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 01:01   Link #60
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
On several occasion, the story hinted subjects/location related to WW2 casualties.
Oh, that reminds me - Are they still finding unexploded ordinance on Okinawa?

It really was a horrendous battle. I've seen some estimates that one-third of the civilian population was killed. And from what I understand, the Okinawans don't think of it as "The Americans came here and attacked us." They think of it more as, "The Americans and the Japanese came here and attacked each other, and we got it from both sides."
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote