AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-16, 04:05   Link #281
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Now hold on a minute I know Zenitsu was annoying but he's no where near Asta levels of annoying!
Nah. Asta was annoying, but I could handle him. Zenitsu, on the other side - I wanted to skip every scene he's in.

And I also don't think it is fair to blame Shimono Hiro for this performance. No voice actor could salvage this character (well, maybe Ohtsuka Akio could. Since everything is better with Ohtsuka Akio. But nevermind that).

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2019-06-16 at 04:34.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-16, 04:30   Link #282
Blaat

Fun fact: Zenitsu is the 2nd most popular character in the manga and the 29th most popular in The Promised Neverland

I feel like this is going to be Raki from Claymore all over again, a character that's not bad in the manga but adding sound to the voice of the character it just makes him annoying.
Old 2019-06-16, 05:07   Link #283
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Nah. Asta was annoying, but I could handle him. Zenitsu, on the other side - I wanted to skip every scene he's in.
It's the opposite for me. Asta is why I dropped Black Clover. I can mostly ignore Zenitsu.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-16, 07:47   Link #284
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
TBH, Zenitsu feeling like he's half-a-step from going legitimately insane with how unhinged he get at times which kinda of dull his annoyance bit to me.
Many of his fans like him because his hysterical reaction is pretty much like how most real world people will behave when thrown into the cruel KnY world and forced to fight demons without personal motivation.

Like Blaat said, he's the 2nd most popular character in the series, though I'm not sure how he will fare among anime only fans, since being voiced does make him more annoying.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-16, 08:55   Link #285
James Rye

Quote:
Well. I think we have just found a character more annoying than Asta at the beginning of Black Clover.
Nah, Asta is way more annoying that Zenitsu. At least Zenitsu can shut up once in a while, all sounds Asta knows are LOUD and LOUDER. Plus Zenitsu's whining is believable in this setting, even if it is over the top. And I doubt he survived with sheer luck on that mountain. That wasn't a mountain you could survive with luck alone else there would have been more survivors. Loved how the little boy cut Zenitsu into pieces with just his words. XD
Old 2019-06-16, 18:17   Link #286
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I can tolerate Zenitsu. Asta's loud screaming, on the other hand, was so annoying it was a meme for a short while.
Old 2019-06-16, 19:36   Link #287
alex_drian

Well, for the OP and the fact that of like 30 people he was one of four that survived the final test he is sure to have some skills, aside, probably has have some mission even if is a problem to take his ass to them.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-17, 00:34   Link #288
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

And I also don't think it is fair to blame Shimono Hiro for this performance. No voice actor could salvage this character (well, maybe Ohtsuka Akio could. Since everything is better with Ohtsuka Akio. But nevermind that).
Asta, in the beginning, was more annoying that Zenitsu so far imo. I didn't drop Black Clover because of it. I can believe Zenitsu being scared and look forward to seeing him fight as he survived that test with skill.
Old 2019-06-17, 18:03   Link #289
grecefar

At the beginning it was funny but yeah it ge annoying will all the "die, die, die", but I'm the only one thinking that he is strong?, maybe with insane luck since he passed the test in the end.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-17, 18:29   Link #290
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, no doubt he's going to turn out to be one of those cowards who are actually super strong characters when they're cornered. The OP's already spoiled he's got some nice moves, and luck obviously isn't enough to survive the final selection.

He'll still be annoying regardless if he acts like this most of the time.
Old 2019-06-20, 13:11   Link #291
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I agree that Asta is more annoying. Although I think you could argue being forced to listen to those two at the same time would be considered a form of torture.
Old 2019-06-20, 17:00   Link #292
Arya

Just barely finished the episode Since I know he won't die I just hope he will be not so recurrent as a character to let the show restore its flow. Because he is not only really really annoying, but he also breaks the serious and immersive atmosphere of the show.
The boar guy on the other hand is interesting. I wonder if he also has one sharp sense as Tanjirou and the annoying one. But considering he seemed like stuck into this the-cube-like house probably not.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-20, 18:09   Link #293
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
The boar guy on the other hand is interesting. I wonder if he also has one sharp sense as Tanjirou and the annoying one. But considering he seemed like stuck into this the-cube-like house probably not.
I think all demon slayers are going to have a supersense. Or just superpowers, because there are only so many senses.
Old 2019-06-21, 02:29   Link #294
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think all demon slayers are going to have a supersense. Or just superpowers, because there are only so many senses.
yep, super-senses would go repetitive pretty fast. So superpowers, possibly related to senses, make, ehm, sense

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 12:02   Link #295
akumaten

Zenitsu when he gets going (to sleep), he is truly Greased Lightning.
Loving Kimetsu so far.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 12:30   Link #296
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Fyi, for those wondering this episode adapted three chapters this time. Imo, it probably should've adapted a bit more.

I'll also throw this little omake here since I doubt we'll see it in the anime and it made me laugh pretty hard:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 14:50   Link #297
foxbox360
New Age Badass

first that Cavadis in One Piece and now Zenitsu, sleepwalkers are badass.
Old 2019-06-22, 18:58   Link #298
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zenitsu's strike really was awesome. You can tell his style emphasizes speed. Shame Tanjiro didn't see him, if he had he could just knock him out whenever he needs him to fight in future arcs

So the more humans a demon eats, the stronger he becomes? Nezuko is obviously special, but that should mean Yushiro is a total weakling then.
Old 2019-06-23, 00:27   Link #299
Chosen_Hero

This series really likes to tell but not show doesn't it? At the very least show us instances of Tanjiro being in pain. If you only tell us it's gonna be difficult to believe when he is pulling off acrobatic moves in mid air while complaining about it.

Also, Zenitsu is ruining this show for me, other characters like him in other series have pulled off the scared badass trope far better without being annoying from the first second we meet them till after they do the badass thing. To me the moment that should have come off as badass was just meh because at that point I just didn't care for him anymore.

Also, going to take a stab in the dark here and guess that the blood thing might be the reason Nezuko is a far stronger demon than normal.
Old 2019-06-23, 00:29   Link #300
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It started well, with Zenitsu too scared to talk. And then the guy with him had to ruin it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon, shonen