Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 22:09   Link #1121
Veronin
Fun things are (not) fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Damn it now I have to buy a Vita. Fuck you, Compile Heart.
Exactly my thoughts. I wanted to avoid buying the system at all costs, but now knowing that I'd miss out on an opportunity to fondle Noire...

Also, consider the fact that NISA localized the mobile app of all things. There's a good chance that they will work on another installment in the main series, even if it's on a less profitable platform. Niche isn't exactly something that's new territory for them.

Either way, I'd probably just brush up on my Japanese skills and buy the original game.
Old 2013-03-14, 22:36   Link #1122
The Green One

*reads the article* Oh lord.....well we knew it was simply a matter of time. I'm sure there are going to be some....interesting....reviews.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 22:55   Link #1123
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Think of the things I can do to Nepgear and Uni - *IS SHOT*
Oh please, this is not Idolm@xter XENOGLOSSIA...
Old 2013-03-15, 00:03   Link #1124
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I'm sure there are going to be some....interesting....reviews.
I expect Metacancer to have an average critic score of 25/100 and a user score of 8.5/10.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 00:09   Link #1125
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I expect Metacancer to have an average critic score of 25/100 and a user score of 8.5/10.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 00:14   Link #1126
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Rule for playing Japan console games?

Critic score is inversely proportional to user enjoyment ww
Old 2013-03-15, 00:39   Link #1127
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Heh. I detest the PS3's trophy system, but this is just awesome.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 00:51   Link #1128
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Neptune : 私の唄を聴け!!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 00:56   Link #1129
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Cute outfit.
I'm rather glad that it seems to be a spinoff rather than the actual next entry though, even if I'm probably going to end up getting a Vita for it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:24   Link #1130
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Rule for playing Japan console games?
Critic score is inversely proportional to user enjoyment ww
Rule of thumb for all game review scores after Doritosgate. NISA needs to start buying off "gaming journalists" like all the big boys.

5 more days, can't wait! Still need to figure out what to do with those tins.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 01:33   Link #1131
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wait, wait, a new Noire game and a remake of the original game for Vita too?!
My poor wallet...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 07:47   Link #1132
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I wonder if Noire spin off involving finding her new sister: Vita

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 07:54   Link #1133
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I wonder if Noire spin off involving finding her new sister: Vita
It is still Uni. She probably got an upgrade and became as tall as Nepgear, but still as flat - *gets vaporised*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 11:32   Link #1134
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Oh. Two other new games eh?

Even though I don't plan on getting the idol game, these ones I may have to see about playing.

Of course it depends one what the Noire game actually is, if Re;Birth1 is actually a remake with enough enhancements to be worth purchasing and if either of them are going to be localized. (But I'm pretty sure at least the remake will be.)
Old 2013-03-17, 12:34   Link #1135
shadow1296

a noire spin-off, actually I don't think its a spin off I think she's going to be the next main character for their next trilogy of neptunia, they have said in the past that Neptune being main character is ending with victory but they said they won't stop the franchise heck I wouldn't be surprised if we here an announcement about 2 new more games with vert and blanc being the main characters in each
Old 2013-03-17, 13:46   Link #1136
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Doesn't this upcoming game exist just because for whatever reason Noire is the most popular character in the franchise?

I'd imagine it's largely the company hoping to make a profit off her popularity by putting her in the main character seat for once.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-03-17 at 14:04.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 14:05   Link #1137
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Doesn't this upcoming game exist just because for whatever reason Noire is the most popular character in the franchise?

I'd imagine it's just the company hoping to make a profit off her popularity by putting her in the main character seat for once.
that's why she would be the next main character, why design a new character when u can use a already popular side character(and yes noire is a side character) and make them the main character. they'll copy's because of her popularity an you can continue the same franchises story
Old 2013-03-17, 14:30   Link #1138
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Why would they need to make her the main character of the franchise just because she's the most popular? That would be like classifying Jotaro as the main character of the entirety JoJo's Bizarre Adventure when he's only the protagonist of Stardust Crusaders (part 3). It's pretty common for a side character to be more popular than the protagonist.

I'm pretty sure this game will be a "spin-off" or "side story" or something. But hey, if I'm wrong so be it.

BTW, the title of the game has been revealed to be in English "Hyper Goddess Faith Noire: Extreme God Black Heart". I'd still like to know what kind of game it is soon.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:47   Link #1139
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Why would they need to make her the main character of the franchise just because she's the most popular? That would be like classifying Jotaro as the main character of the entirety JoJo's Bizarre Adventure when he's only the protagonist of Stardust Crusaders (part 3). It's pretty common for a side character to be more popular than the protagonist.

I'm pretty sure this game will be a "spin-off" or "side story" or something. But hey, if I'm wrong so be it.

BTW, the title of the game has been revealed to be in English "Hyper Goddess Faith Noire: Extreme God Black Heart". I'd still like to know what kind of game it is soon.
i'm not saying she the main character of the entire neptunia game franchise i'm saying she the new main character for the next game trilogy, the games creators of neptunia said that Neptune's story ended in victory and she wouldn't be the main character for the next game in the neptunia universe and by using noire as the main character they will be able to not only continue the franchise but also use her popularity to sell the next game in the franchise.

I won't be surprised if the noire game gets localized especially since victory's pre-orders passed their projected amount a while ago. by that I mean the ones with the bonus's have been out stock for over a month and they were still getting pre-orders

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-03-17 at 21:44.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 03:36   Link #1140
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I have no idea why this game got lots of hate especially in youtube. Most comments I saw are "girly Japanese shit" even it is quite ironic as its marketing audiences are actually males.

Maybe because most English-speaking gamers thought men should play more "macho" games like Gears of War, Killzone, Bulletstorm and God of War instead of "cute" one like Neptunia.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg