AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: GN-00?
GN-001 Gundam Exia 46 29.49%
GN-002 Gundam Dynames 53 33.97%
GN-003 Gundam Kyrios 39 25.00%
GN-005 Gundam Virtue 18 11.54%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-12, 21:23   Link #41
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Virtue the best, the only one of the four that looks somewhat menacing, and the massive destruction power is just nice. And the only one of the four that doesn't look like its legs gonna break anytime

Next is Dynames, with the armor plates upgrade, it looks somewhat menacing too.

I usually like transformable mechs, but Kyrios so far doesn't look anything special, except its legs look like gonna break by its own weight Exia is just completely generic.

Albeit I'd definitely vote for that RX-78-2 with phoenix wings and tails if it's on the list
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:35   Link #42
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
My favourite is the Dynames. Pulls off that sniper feel so well, and overall, just looks cool.

After that, I'd have to pick virtue. THIS is what overgunned gundams were meant to look like. Big, tough, gritty. None of that gaudy Freedom/SFreedom bullshit. Hell, Virtue is so manly that it actually turned its pilot into a woman.

Kyrios and Exia tie for bottom with me. They're great designs, IMO, just not as good as Dynames or Virtue.

Anyways, if the big 4 were to go against each other, Dynames would beat Virtue simply because Dynames has the range to snipe it out. In fact, Dynames would probably beat all the other gundams simply because it has the massive range advantage. At mid to close range however, it would probably lose.

Otherwise, Virtue wins against everything. It can take the hits, and it can REALLY dish it out. As said earlier in the topic, Virtue destroys EVERYTHING.

Kyrios has the maneuverability that might allow it to survive against Dynames and Virtue, and if lucky, perhaps get close enough to get the killing hit in on Dynames. Against Virtue, it would just have to RTSD, and hope to get locked in on close combat before Virtue WTFPWNs him with the big blasty stuff.

Exia is probably the weakest in direct combat against each other. It's simply not suited to fight the other gundams. Without the maneuverability of Kyrios, it's pretty much free shots for Dynames, same with Virtue. He'd probably be dead before he got close enough to do anything. Against Kyrios, Exia won't be AS outmatched, but all Kyrios has to do is play keep away to stay away from the pointy bits, and just make a few shots here and there. Exia's ranged combat isn't anything spectacular really.
Maybe people are forgetting that for Dynames to get the vast distance advantage, it needs the massive power reactor stuff to power its rifle, which makes it more or less fixed in position and fixed in direction of fire. Without that power reactor stuff, Dynames' sniper rifle haven't shown to have any more range than Virtue's big cannons (well, sniper rifles usually don't get more range than artilleries anyway ). Also Virtue can generate some kind of GN field which are supposedly very strong, at least much stronger than the other Gundams' defense if we judge by the settings, albeit we haven't really seen it in full action, as nothing can penetrate a standard Gundam armor yet

Anyway since GN particles seem to be the miracle particles of this show, and Virtue can generate much more of those miracle particles than the other Gundams, so I guess that should put it at an advantage against the other Gundams
Old 2007-11-12, 21:44   Link #43
Bocca
Banned

Yeah, no wonder the ship specifically wanted Virtue back to recharge it.

Overkill/power ftw!
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:55   Link #44
Cherudim Arche

I would assume that virtue is the only one of the four with a distinct function with its GN field barrier.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:58   Link #45
Virtue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
Anyway since GN particles seem to be the miracle particles of this show, and Virtue can generate much more of those miracle particles than the other Gundams, so I guess that should put it at an advantage against the other Gundams
Which could have led to Tieria's attitude.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 22:00   Link #46
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Which could have led to Tieria's attitude.
Nah, I think it's because he's a robot designed by Aeolia Schenberg to carry out his orders after his death.
Old 2007-11-12, 23:23   Link #47
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
You know, this is the only Gundam series I've ever seen where I can't decide which Gundam I like better. But I suppose if I were to pick by technicality, I'd say Exia since I like the chest piece better. Of course, Dynames's sniper and Kyrios's transforming are pretty awesome too... So hard to decide...
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 00:28   Link #48
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Wow, very shocked. thought there would be a lot of exia fanboys. Dynames is my favorite because I've been complaining to my friends there should be a sniper gundam since GW
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 02:20   Link #49
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
I would assume that virtue is the only one of the four with a distinct function with its GN field barrier.
Spoiler for only those who have watched all of Gundam 00 episodes thus far:

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!

Last edited by Eidolon Sniper; 2007-11-13 at 02:21. Reason: Spoiler tags for anyone who does not wish to be spoiled yet...^^;; not all people have actually seen the entire 6 episode run
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 02:43   Link #50
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Yeah, only Virtue has god mode.

Exia just looks way too bare bones. I really hope Exia gets an upgrade soon.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 03:28   Link #51
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Spoiler for only those who have watched all of Gundam 00 episodes thus far:
I think every Gundam can manipulate the GN particle to certain degree to enter through the atmosphere.

And it seems that except Exia, all other Gundams have other GN-based thrusters besides the main cone. Dynames has its 'ass' boaster, Kyrios has 2 more on his legs, and Virtue has those on his shoulders
Old 2007-11-13, 03:34   Link #52
Virtue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I think every Gundam can manipulate the GN particle to certain degree to enter through the atmosphere.

And it seems that except Exia, all other Gundams have other GN-based thrusters besides the main cone. Dynames has its 'ass' boaster, Kyrios has 2 more on his legs, and Virtue has those on his shoulders
Which is why the Exia will get the wing-spread of GN particles ala. OP/0 Gundam.
I wonder what advantage it will give.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 03:37   Link #53
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

There is a picture floating around, I am not sure if it is official though. :P Anyway, Exia is simply built for melee and melee requires speed a lot of it. Put a lot of massive weaponry or shields on it it would defeat its purpose as the primary melee Gundam of the 4 as it would not be able to move fast enough to deliver the blows. There was a reason the Exia was partnered with Dynames, with Dynames taking care of any distractions or enemies as Exia would go in for the very fast kill or something. Kyrios is simply made for fly by shooting and precision bombing and that requires speed and mobility as well, and it is the reason why it was partnered with Virtue, which would take care of primary land support and other massive weapons of mass destruction that would probably take Kyrios down from the count, and another reason why the Kyrios isn't as heavily fortified as Virtue.

Exia = very lightweight, simple design that goes along with its nature as the melee suit of the series, especially if the Exia is counted on obliterating the main source of the problem that requires extra speed and instant "kill".

Dynames = snipers are very good for long range battle, as well as obliterating any fast moving threats to the Exia, as with the case of Haro and Lock on combined.

Kyrios = made for fly by shooting and precision bombing runs for a huge horde of enemies. It could pretty well stand up on its own in keeping off enemies that get too close for comfort as needed, especially if they know that Kyrios is out to bomb their hideouts. If there was an operation that needed fast clear up or something, Kyrios would most be likely deployed first before the rest come in: Exia, Dynames and Virtue. I need more Macross style Itano CIRCUS!

Virtue = the huge firepower that it commands is the one needed during critical mass...especially if there are a lot of heavy powered enemies out on the field as well that need to be taken cared off for good. I see Virtue as the one which could pretty well take care of ridiculous weapons of mass destruction in one go.

Kyrios and Dynames = could be counted on on erasing huge hordes of enemies and fast moving enemies getting close to Exia and Virtue as needed.

Exia and Virtue = in Final Fantasy terms, they are counted on as the big boss killers, the black mages of the game. in a way anyway. Exia is critical for missions that need quick, precise actions that would end the war situation quickly. Virtue is needed in missions that require critical peace corrections..such as the need for destroying a huge armada blocking the weapon of mass destruction, for one.

So as you can see, all the Gundams have their own strengths and weaknesses that actually complement one another. I believe Kyrios is the most well balanced suit of the 4, as it could not only defend itself passably at short range, it could also defend itself mid range and long range (I think they all have beam sabers for close range encounters, but if they don't, then sucks to be Kyrios, Virtue and Dynames. ). There was a reason why Kyrios was also made transformable, and that could probably be one of the reasons. I like Exia because I haven't actually seen an under"weaponed" Gundam before that was purely made for melee (no, the Justice variants don't count ). Dynames is interesting because I also haven't seen an actual sniping Gundam before either, and for being a sniper, it could even pretty well defend itself mid range as well, and nobody's fast (and crazy) enough to try tackling him short range. Virtue...I would not go there because that thing's a walking WMD with more firepower than what I have actually seen of all the factions together at this point.

Old 2007-11-13, 05:17   Link #54
dreamless

Exia is the "boss-killer" of the show, since we all know nothing other than a melee weapon can kill bosses. Heck, as powerful as Virtue gets, it can't kill the AEU's top sim battle ace with its way overpowered shoulder cannons. So despite how generic and relatively weak Exia may look, we have to rely on its "seven sword" to dispatch any non-grunt enemies
Old 2007-11-13, 21:41   Link #55
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

I am actually looking forward to how Exia would use the Seven Sword(TM) Technique on its enemies, and I am pretty sure it would be made of teh awesome.

Old 2007-11-13, 21:55   Link #56
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

I love Kyrios the most. Well in GSD I love Savior, I like transformable ms anyway.

Second I like Dynames. Love the new shield opened and closed. Opened phase its looks kinda like Deathscythe.

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 00:17   Link #57
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

http://img1.qq.com/comic/pics/4836/4836857.jpg

Virtue has it thrusters on its butt same as Dynames.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 02:10   Link #58
dreamless

every Gundam can spew out GN particles to do stuff like floating in the air, jam radar, and I think atmospheric entry is one of those common tricks too. However from the mechanics settings, generating a GN Field with ultra strong defense capability seems to be one of Virtue's unique features.
Old 2007-11-14, 02:12   Link #59
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Kyrios, for transformations, twin-linked lass pistol, color scheme and pilot, who is the only gundam meister so far that shown any human behaviour and sanity ; p
And it's possible he's newtype too, yaaay's and cheer's for the first 00 Newtype! (well, perhaps not yet, but still i'm enthusiastic ^_^)
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 13:43   Link #60
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Just put Dynames on the moon and it can snipe the other three Gundams wherever they may be.