AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-27, 17:20   Link #441
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I love this series as well! *crosses fingers with all of you in hopes for a 3rd season*

It's so intricate, and most of the plot lines are incredible, barring some boring arcs (but even those arcs have info contributing to the next arcs). There was a lot of stuff that I missed the first time around -- it's surprising how much stuff goes on without you even realizing it upon the first viewing.

The only qualms that I have stem from the appearance of deteriorating animation quality later in the series. I'm sure this is a result of budget problems (seeing as how they had quite a few recap episodes), but it would be nice to see a third season with higher production values. I wish the characters would blink more, that there would be more movements, but I guess somethings cannot be helped.

But my one big question is: couldn't she have accomplished all she had wanted as Empress? I know this is a futile question, seeing as how this is not the plot, but it bugs me. :P
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 17:28   Link #442
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
But my one big question is: couldn't she have accomplished all she had wanted as Empress? I know this is a futile question, seeing as how this is not the plot, but it bugs me. :P
This is something that the anime hasn't brought to light (yet, hopefully) but she has her reasons why this approach doesn't work for her. They did a lot of the setup work already and it's probably possible to be deduced but they haven't come right out and spelled it out yet.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 17:51   Link #443
golthin

Quote:
what you don't understand is that the empress job is to just look pretty and make babies.
She has no real power and she can't be involved with politics. Shuurei wants to change this and also wants to be of help to her country. she can accomplish this better as a official than as the empress.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 18:38   Link #444
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
This is something that the anime hasn't brought to light (yet, hopefully) but she has her reasons why this approach doesn't work for her. They did a lot of the setup work already and it's probably possible to be deduced but they haven't come right out and spelled it out yet.
Hmmm, well, if it's a question of warring families and political pressure, then I understand. But, as you said, these reasons are never amplified in the anime. Instead, the anime cites her own ambitions as reasons for not marrying him. Well, in the end, it doesn't really matter because they will continue to string their romance along until the very end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
what you don't understand is that the empress job is to just look pretty and make babies.
She has no real power and she can't be involved with politics. Shuurei wants to change this and also wants to be of help to her country. she can accomplish this better as a official than as the empress.
Thank you for explaining to me what I failed to understand.

But, by your line of reasoning, wouldn't she also be able to change the influence and responsibilities that an Empress can hold as well (again, I know this is not the plot, but I'm just arguing against your explanation)? In fact, she would probably be in a better position to do so as Empress, as it appears that she has a lot of support from within the palace. Not to mention -- she would have Ryu's ears as well (not that it counts for much seeing as how his abilities are still being questioned).
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 21:42   Link #445
Kirarakim

Quote:
But, by your line of reasoning, wouldn't she also be able to change the influence and responsibilities that an Empress can hold as well (again, I know this is not the plot, but I'm just arguing against your explanation)? In fact, she would probably be in a better position to do so as Empress, as it appears that she has a lot of support from within the palace. Not to mention -- she would have Ryu's ears as well (not that it counts for much seeing as how his abilities are still being questioned).

I actually thought of a possibility that the story could end with them changing the position of empress so the position has more political power. But I don't necessarily think this would be easy to change. I think society expects the empress to fill a certain role and it is based on traditions. I don't think Ryuuki can just snap his fingers and change it so the queen has political power. If he does something like that he could lose support of the court and the noble families.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 15:45   Link #446
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I actually thought of a possibility that the story could end with them changing the position of empress so the position has more political power. But I don't necessarily think this would be easy to change. I think society expects the empress to fill a certain role and it is based on traditions. I don't think Ryuuki can just snap his fingers and change it so the queen has political power. If he does something like that he could lose support of the court and the noble families.
Well, he did change the emperor's marital ability from being polygamous to monogamous pretty much by snapping his fingers, so why not? Of course, in reality it probably wouldn't work that way, and we can see that everyone's been frothing at the mouth over how Shuurei is in the government at all...

One thing that really bothers me about the second season:
Spoiler for Events after the Sashuu arc:

Anyone else with me on that?
Old 2009-09-29, 17:13   Link #447
FuzzyWuzzy

Ugh I just started the second series. WTH is this? They already marked Eigetsu for dead or gave him a death flag in the beginning.

Can't believe one of the good characters I like already has a death flag.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:57   Link #448
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
There's a reason why she hasn't accepted and refused to be an empress, yet.

Spoiler:

If there will be a 3rd season and follow the novels, that is.
Old 2009-09-30, 04:25   Link #449
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post

Spoiler:

that is another reason, and I mentioned it in a post a while back. It basically invalidate the main job of an Empress.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:26   Link #450
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post

Spoiler:

OMG!! For real!! She can't be an empress then and all the power that comes with it. It makes sense on why she is trying to climb the ranks.

So who are the ending couples? Who ended with who and who died? Anyone know how each of the character's rank change?
Anyone know? I doubt there will be a third season since second season isn't really all that exciting and interesting.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 09:35   Link #451
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I doubt there will be a third season since second season isn't really all that exciting and interesting.
The second season started off slow and sort of dragged - the Sashuu arc felt like the longest arc in the entire series (animated, at least), and I felt that it really got old fast. Part of what made the series so entertaining was the palace drama and the character Ryuuki, and that was essentially cut out with Sashuu.

However, once that arc ended, things became interesting again. You said that you're still watching the second season - get to the end before you say it was boring I thought that the second season's middle and end really picked up. Similar to the first season, it ends in such a manner that they could have just as easily made another episode. I'd love to see the continuation of that story arc.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:12   Link #452
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
OMG!! For real!! She can't be an empress then and all the power that comes with it. It makes sense on why she is trying to climb the ranks.
well, she can be, but the emperor will have to take a second wife.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:15   Link #453
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
that is another reason, and I mentioned it in a post a while back. It basically invalidate the main job of an Empress.

Spoiler for Glothin question about Shuurei:
Old 2009-10-01, 11:19   Link #454
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for Glothin question about Shuurei:
that is correct, they would be expecting a second miracle with Shuurei.

Spoiler for about Shuurei:
Old 2009-10-02, 07:27   Link #455
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
that is correct, they would be expecting a second miracle with Shuurei.

Spoiler for about Shuurei:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2011-07-12, 20:21   Link #456
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Woah:

Anyone who are updated with novel? The novel is already completed.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse, romance