AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-06, 16:19   Link #41
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Announcement Trailer:

Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Trailer:

And that oh-so-epic Tank Battle demo:

And the Tank Battle in Epic HD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-06-06 at 17:56.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 19:35   Link #42
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

God dammit.....I'm running out of pants here. Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Battlefield 3....are they trying to ruin my life or what?
Old 2011-06-06, 19:52   Link #43
Asuras
Dictadere~!

*Empties bucket*

Anyways...
I'm just so in love with the realism this games presenting me. I can only dream of the intense experiences I'm going to live in multiplayer.
Old 2011-06-06, 19:53   Link #44
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The tank demo was EPIC.

Its definitely on the to-buy list now.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 01:17   Link #45
killer3000ad

I watched the tank demo live on gametrailers and the chat was horrific. COD fanboys were screaming,"Oh how boring, vehicle combat, where's the run and gun?" and BF3 fans were like,"MW3 is finished! Just look at the pretty colours and lights in BF3!"

Having said that, MW3 can take a hike, it's the same rehashed gameplay and I stopped caring after the fiasco that was MW2 on the PC. Now BF3....mmm.....
Old 2011-06-07, 04:04   Link #46
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I think I might change my ADF preference again, Armoured Corps looks pretty epic after Thunder Run.

I love all the small details in this game, particularly the squad chat.

I still remember the first time I watched the original short of the Fault Line trailer and after the firefight in the car park, the squad leader says,

"Give me a SitRep!"

And the Marines sound off;

"I'm up!"
"I'm up!"
"I'm up!"
"I'm fucked up, but I'm up!"

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 14:54   Link #47
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Man this looks awesome, I guess DICE is finally serious about taking the FPS crown back from COD. The only thing is it looks to be rated M for the same reasons as BF:BC2 and I didn't feel the "Strong Language" added anything to the game, seems like it was trying to hard to be "cool" like CoD, so I might have to pass this up....
You think troops don't swear in combat?

I have absolutely no problem with "Stong Language" in games like this.

I remember back in 1997 when Longbow 2 came out, it was the first military game I remember with strong language, and it fit. APR 39 going off like crazy, and then "boom!" Hit by a small SAM. "SHIT! WE'RE HIT!" Perfectly reasonably placement of it. Gratuitous? Unnecessary? Nope. You're combat helicopter just got hit by a SAM and you're now taking AAA fire while you're controls are responding sluggishly.

Like in the trailer above, the one guy yells at end, "I'm fucked up, but I'm up!" Perfectly reasonable use of strong language to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro View Post
This game was made with PC gamers in mind, just like BF2 was, BF: BC2 was made with console gamers in mind.

They made a whole new engine for this game and it looks amazing, I will definitely be buying this. Screw activision and their Call of Duty trash.
Hopefully this game will live up to expectations, as last few years all PC has received is poor console ports for FPS games
Thank God. When it comes to FPS, I swear by my PC. Console controls are terrible for FPS. I buy all of my Medal of Honor games on SONY consoles simply because I am a creature of habit; when I start buying into a series, I stick with its primary media (MoH started on PSX, so I stay buying only PSX/PS2/PS3 versions). CoD I only buy on PC, for example, for the same reason.

I was not interested in this game at all because I knew BF2 was only multiplayer. But earlier today I saw the tank battle trailer and saw that it will, in fact, have a single player campaign and now I am extremely intrigued. The other SP trailers look amazing. I may now suddenly be looking forward to this game more than I am MW3.

I won't buy either game right away because I don't feel like paying full price for games on which I'll only play the SP campaign, but I'll eventually get them both.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 19:50   Link #48
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

A little part of me just died inside.

MP is like SP...but with other people! D:

Especially in Battlefield. lol.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 20:49   Link #49
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
A little part of me just died inside.

MP is like SP...but with other people! D:

Especially in Battlefield. lol.
Not really.

MP is just a bunch of people running around a big map shooting each other with no particular care for the background story of the map that may be provided at the MOS select screen. I've discovered in most MP FPS games I've played that people totally ignore any objectives you might have and just want to play it like a deathmatch regardless of the actual point of the mission. Even if you can avoid killing everyone yet still win, they'll try to find everyone and kill them.

For me, SP is more structured. Even if the AI is idiotic and generally useless in combat, at least they follow the objectives and do what they're supposed to do.

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2011-06-13 at 05:55.
Old 2011-06-12, 21:00   Link #50
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I think that's the first time in my entire life that I've read someone justify it like that. Not that I don't agree, you have a point with people not following the intended objectives.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 21:17   Link #51
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It happens in alot of MP games sadly (especially in games like WoW) where you are supposed to capture the flag. Yet they just sit and camp and wait for enemies to pass on by while the flag is taken by the enemy. Which usually prolongs the game until the timer runs out (thank goodness for that timer, one CTF game would take 45 mins if not for it)
Old 2011-06-13, 06:18   Link #52
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Intriguing... the last FPS game I played was BF-1942 (Commando Medic). If my friends are up for it, this might be the next FPS I play too.

Cheers.
Old 2011-06-13, 08:13   Link #53
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It happens in alot of MP games sadly (especially in games like WoW) where you are supposed to capture the flag. Yet they just sit and camp and wait for enemies to pass on by while the flag is taken by the enemy. Which usually prolongs the game until the timer runs out (thank goodness for that timer, one CTF game would take 45 mins if not for it)
Yea sad truth, it happens in pretty much all MP games.

Hell even I'm prone to ignoring objectives at times and just go hunting

But joining clans and playing with mates makes it a whole lot more fun.

Well I'm looking forward to this, more so than MW3.
Last BF game I bought was BF2142, I've played all the games after that but never really found time to buy them.
Old 2011-06-14, 10:52   Link #54
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I'm liking the look of this new BF, but I just can't get on board with the gratuitous cursing, seems unnatural to me.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 11:03   Link #55
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
I'm liking the look of this new BF, but I just can't get on board with the gratuitous cursing, seems unnatural to me.
Have you ever been in an army? If anything... the swearing is minimal.

Hehe.
Old 2011-06-14, 11:27   Link #56
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Even in the military service, swearing and cursing is almost like an opening for each of your sentence. You know what they call people like me who didn't like swearing? Pussy is the word.
Old 2011-06-14, 11:53   Link #57
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Even in the military service, swearing and cursing is almost like an opening for each of your sentence. You know what they call people like me who didn't like swearing? F***ing Pussy is the word.
Minor correction. I learnt so many vulgarities in so many languages when I was still in the military.

Even the damned acronym was vulgarised. Serve And F***-off.

Hehe.
Old 2011-06-14, 20:50   Link #58
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Have you ever been in an army? If anything... the swearing is minimal.

Hehe.
Agreed.

Anyway...

I have been listening to the "My Life" song from the "My Life" trailer nearly non-stop... the only time I stop is to listen to the "Thunder Run" trailer. I don't even need to watch the trailer; the audio alone is enough. I LOVE the music around 0:45-ish of the "Thunder Run" trailer. Gets me really amped.

Old 2011-06-15, 13:13   Link #59
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Building my next computer just to max out this game
Old 2011-06-15, 13:54   Link #60
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

If I remember right Dice said at E3 that they didn't think any system available to the moment could run it at full settings so good luck.

I'll probably just buy the console version first then if I really like it I'll fork out the extra pennies for some PC upgrades.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote