AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 08:18   Link #3361
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Indeed, even after you explained it, its beyond our understanding - by being too retarded.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:18   Link #3362
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ that's pretty much what I heard haha.
Old 2012-07-03, 09:42   Link #3363
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That said, I doubt not explaining what the Reapers were up to, even in the original cut, would've quelled fan bile.
Old 2012-07-03, 09:45   Link #3364
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That said, I doubt not explaining what the Reapers were up to, even in the original cut, would've quelled fan bile.
Depends on the implementation.

Frankly, the star child pretty much makes all endings suck (unless he's a hallucination...)
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 11:30   Link #3365
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There are just too many reasons the ending sucked. It takes quite a lot of talent to mess up in that grand manner.

Of course making their motivations stupid hurt. Forcing you to take three options presented to you from your enemy hurt. Making the war assets next to worthless, final battle's potential completely wasted, making some choices not matter at all going into this game (Rachni), all of it hurt the ending and leading up to it. The bad ending also just made it tough to ignore the weaknesses of the game overall. The lack of dialogue choices was painfully obvious at times. You just sat there waiting for your chance to chime in, but the chatter just kept on going. Again the value of the choices was mixed, sometimes they really were important and sometimes you had the same situation no matter what you did in the earlier games.

In the end the fact that the Indoctrination Theory made more sense than the original endings is just sad. Have to agree that in order to avoid such a terrible conclusion in the first place more than just avoiding revealing the Reaper's motives would have been needed. Kill the blue child and just have a final battle that changes depending on the choices you made to this point. That would have been fine.
Old 2012-07-03, 11:31   Link #3366
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The starchild is only part of the problem. The real problem is that the ending channels the game into an ABC ending instead of letting the endings depend on what you did over the course of this game and the ones prior.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:18   Link #3367
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's the thing with the Control ending; it implies that the individual Reaper units don't have any independence whatsoever. There is no consensus governance; even the Reapers themselves are "under direct control" of the Star Child.
and clearly this is something that shouldn't happen considering "We are sovereign. Each of us is an entire nation" when Shepard asked them who their leader was in ME1
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:02   Link #3368
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

To be fair, sovereign was just bullshitting during the entire conversation. I mean, he also claimed that the reapers "have no beginning" which, this being a sci-fi setting, we had labeled bullshit even before ME2's "how to build a reaper" hammering it in.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:48   Link #3369
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
To be fair, sovereign was just bullshitting during the entire conversation. I mean, he also claimed that the reapers "have no beginning" which, this being a sci-fi setting, we had labeled bullshit even before ME2's "how to build a reaper" hammering it in.
But it was epic bullshit! Gawd I miss him, he had the best voice in the whole frenchise!
Old 2012-07-05, 13:10   Link #3370
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This is now my Ending Headcanon

GARRUS LAGANN FTW

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:14   Link #3371
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahaha i was like "awesome!" Then quickly head butted my phone when i saw femshep.

Femshep just looks funny like that. The art style is too wack for either shep, but femshep looks better in the style... I get the feeling male shep would look a lot like the "spiral king"

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-07-05 at 16:06.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 15:25   Link #3372
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hahaha i was like "awesome!" Then quickly head butted my phone when i saw femshep.

Femshep just looks funny like that. Those are manly glasses anyways :P
Could you possibly be a little less misogynistic and immature? WE GET IT. We know you don't like femshep. A LOT OF PEOPLE DO, SO SHE'S EVERYWHERE.

Don't bitch every time you see it; I don't complain loudly on message boards every time I look at ME official artwork and see the generic male Shepard!
Old 2012-07-05, 16:10   Link #3373
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sorry, I meant her look, not HER.

I edited my post a bit. the edit i did after posting didn't go through because of my dumb phone.

dat nose o.o its smiling too.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:17   Link #3374
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Could you possibly be a little less misogynistic and immature? WE GET IT. We know you don't like femshep. A LOT OF PEOPLE DO, SO SHE'S EVERYWHERE.

Don't bitch every time you see it; I don't complain loudly on message boards every time I look at ME official artwork and see the generic male Shepard!
Actually I don't like FemShep either :P And I'm pretty content with MaleShep's default face. I actually can't comprehend how other people actually go and create their own face. Most of the custom MaleShep's I've seen are downright horrible :P
Old 2012-07-05, 19:46   Link #3375
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
But it was epic bullshit! Gawd I miss him, he had the best voice in the whole frenchise!
Heck yes, blew even Harbinger right out of the water. His voice was the most "alien" of all the reapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
"No happy ending? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Actually I don't like FemShep either :P And I'm pretty content with MaleShep's default face. I actually can't comprehend how other people actually go and create their own face. Most of the custom MaleShep's I've seen are downright horrible :P
Hmm, it depends on the person, really. For me, it added that touch of self to it. This wasn't just anyone's Shepard, this was my Shepard. It made the Shepard I played unique, to the point where I spend a full day fixing ME3's buggy import feature. I just couldn't play another Shepard. I was so used to the face I had crafted myself and played for years.
Old 2012-07-05, 19:48   Link #3376
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

"No happy ending? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?"

Haha, Nice one! Gonna have to cookie you for that one.

Commander fuckin Shepard! Yes my middle name is fuckin!
Old 2012-07-05, 21:02   Link #3377
KBTKaiser

Mordin's headpeice, Quarian Shoulder Guards, Turian chest, presumably Krogan Feet?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 00:07   Link #3378
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Mordin's headpeice, Quarian Shoulder Guards, Turian chest, presumably Krogan Feet?
The GATTAI of MANLY COMPANIONS!

GARRUS LAGANN!!!

or maybe

SAME SEX GATTAI!

Go!

NORMANDIOOON!!!
Old 2012-07-06, 00:17   Link #3379
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Same Sex Gattai? What on earth? ._.
Old 2012-07-06, 02:33   Link #3380
Destined_Fate

Man... Poor Kaiden isn't even represented there.

I mean, sure I killed him for Ashley even on my Femshep but still.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass