AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-10-04, 13:20   Link #41
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Soon is already here! It arrived yesterday in the form of "Chapter 120: voice" (zip; 2.3m)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:57   Link #42
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Hmm... I wonder why I didn't recieve an email notifying me of it's release...

Guess I'll just have to re-subscribe. ^^
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 10:33   Link #43
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It is my pride and joy to revive this thread with yet another translated chapter!

Chapter 121: "50km, 6 hours"

Poor tea-shop guy, this chapter alone could have given him a heart attack or atleast burst blood vessels in his face due to excessive blushing. It would seem our beloved Koko-chan has a fanclub in the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou world, creepy given that I'm sure there are several dozen for her in this world too. Once again, poor tea-shop guy. ^^: Having to stand there listening to that conversation would be either devastating on his crush or inspire him to keep up hope.
Old 2004-12-29, 13:06   Link #44
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Smile

I just finished reading chapters 1-121 a little last week. It took a couple of days but oh well. I must say that the manga (scanlations) is alot better than the OVAs. The OVAs was shown at anime night and it just completely turned me off b/c it was just slow. I didn't get curious about it until Mr_Paper madeh is Alpha entry for the winter 04-05 contest (no one would have the slightest idea unless they've read YKK or your post ). I must say that the manga is a nice read. The story has alot of sentimental ideas and values. It also has a couple of funny moments like this one Alpha visits Kokone and Takahiro's dream and can't forget Alpha meets Nai. I must say that I'm enjoying it greatly
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 14:53   Link #45
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

It's 2006 and the official misago.org forum rests in peace. Does anyone know where the other forum is located?
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 23:37   Link #46
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

dDave started one, but there is also another (CafeAlpha) that has been around longer... sadly it is hosted on Lycos

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-01-03 at 00:09.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 15:09   Link #47
Hello

Just wanted to mention that chapter 138 has just been released: link.

Once again we have a time jump. This development that has me feeling happy yet sad at the same time. Typical YYK!
Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:38   Link #48
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Ya you can mark me down as yet another new fanatic of YKK. Just a really relaxing and nostalgia inspiring read. I would imagine that the feeling one gets after reading a volume of YKK would be comparable to the release of meditation. It's just so good at putting one at ease, I really love it.
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 19:30   Link #49
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello
Just wanted to mention that chapter 138 has just been released: link.

Once again we have a time jump. This development that has me feeling happy yet sad at the same time. Typical YYK!
First, yay! I've wanted to see some form of romantic development between Makki and Takahiro for quite some time, so I'm quite happy about this.

I saw the cover and thought to myself "is that little Makki?" Imagine my joy when it turned out not to be Makki. To add to this, the Misago makes a long awaited appearence almost as a right of passage - a new generation to stalk. Although I have to wonder, what does little Sae-chan call Kokone? Auntie Kokone?

There is however, still that growing fear that either Oji-san or Sensei has passed away with this chapter occuring, as best I can estimate, six or seven years after the last.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-01-05 at 19:51.
Old 2006-01-06, 16:27   Link #50
Blaat

I'm not really surprised by Makki and Takahiro. Although I was kind of hoping for something odd like Takahiro and Misago

Anyway the time jumps seem to be occuring more frequently now a days I guess we might be nearing an "end" of the manga soon?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:59   Link #51
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Chapter 139 - 「夕凪通信」 "Twilight Communications"*
*I view the title differently ^^:

An interesting chapter... It goes a long way to show that one can say a great deal with very few words.

Alpha commenting on the now overgrown path to her cafe, similar to many of Oji-san's comments on it, and the significance given to Sensei's necklace in many of the panels makes it seem that their deaths are now a certainty. While a sad fact of life, it wasn't unexpected - we've seen the characters grow, mature and grow older, death was an inevitability. Fortunately, Alpha seems to have also accepted this fact of life and her walk seems to be more for reminising than mourning.

More than this, Alpha's abilities seem to be growing quite rapidly. In previous volumes we've seen her tap into her abilities more subconsciouslessly than anything else (her daydreams of flying, feeling the plane and boat, etc.) but now it seems very much different. For instance, she is now seemingly able to operate her camera remotely. She can see through it without a cord and can even take pictures without pressing the shutter button. There isn't much to really support this theory but it really shows the degree to which Alpha has grown over the years and continues to grow.

There is something else significant about Alpha's walk and shutterbug activities. She's always been rather conservative when it comes to taking photographs, not wanting to waste the images incase something more important comes along. This time however she is taking pictures non-stop and randomly of her entire surrounds to the point of throwing the camera about to get the images. Given how prudent she has been thus far it really seems as if she's trying to preserve her memories of the area so that she can look back on them at a latter day without missing any part of it, especially after including herself in one of the images. It is almost begging the question but with most of the local population having died off it seems as if Alpha is preparing to leave her small cafe on the cape.

Finally, the chapter ends with what appears to be Alpha realizing that Owner will probably never be returning, most likely having passed away. The final lines really drive what appears to be the point of this chapter home, Alpha will be moving on into the world at large. This will probably mark and fulfill the indications of the series' end...

It's quite poetic, really.

Oh, yes. Sea-chan is perfecting her monkey ways. ^^;

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-01-30 at 21:45.
Old 2006-01-31, 02:49   Link #52
JokerD

The managa that nothing happens indeed. Nothings happens on screen, everything happens offscreen and we are left wondering.

Still I wonder with Oji-san and sensei dead, is the village dying or deserted. Also there's been no talk of the other Alphas for a while now, I wonder if they still visit her. Or she's gonna be real lonely.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 19:42   Link #53
Ashton

So, chapter 140 marks the end of the best manga ever created. Last chapter was released in Kodansha Afternoon few days ago. After reading chapter 139 I expected that this was coming sooner or later, but it still hitted me pretty hard.
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 00:54   Link #54
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It... it is... ENDING?!?!

I'm quite a few chapters behind (unfortunately) and all of a sudden I don't feel like catching up. Somehow the idea that YKK will continue forever in my heart makes me feel warmer than the idea of reading the last chapter. At least that is how I feel right now. I suspect that after some time passess I'll throw myself into downloading a lot of chapters and marathon reading them.

Right now though, I'm feeling a little depressed.

YKK has never been about the destination. It is about the journey. Now I find that the idea of it even having a destination is somewhat disturbing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 08:00   Link #55
Stxopher
Confused but useless....

I know the feeling. It's like getting regular calls from an old friend who lives far away. You may not talk about anything important or earth-shattering but it's nice to hear from them.

And then no more calls.

Odd, isn't it that such a minor thing like a series devoid of action, dense prose or highly detailed artwork could have such a hold on people. Yet it does. Perhaps because of those very things it's more accessible.

This is the only series that I've gotten so far in the original language. Can't read it (have to use the scans to understand it, not that it's that hard with its limited dialogue) but it's nice to sit back and revisit once in a while. I just wish I could introduce more of my friends to it. (sigh)
Stxopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 17:16   Link #56
Rion
Ramune~

I'm surprised to see more people feel similar to how I feel. When I told these news to a friend, he was feeling depressed as well. It has never occured to me that the news of the ending of a manga actually made me sad (not even the end of Naru Taru which is my favourite manga ever). But this one does... T_T If Emma ends, I might feel similar.

I can't wait to read the last chapter... but on the other hand, I don't want to read it, just like NoSanninWa.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 22:48   Link #57
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It... it is... ENDING?!?!

I'm quite a few chapters behind (unfortunately) and all of a sudden I don't feel like catching up. Somehow the idea that YKK will continue forever in my heart makes me feel warmer than the idea of reading the last chapter. At least that is how I feel right now. I suspect that after some time passess I'll throw myself into downloading a lot of chapters and marathon reading them.

Right now though, I'm feeling a little depressed.

YKK has never been about the destination. It is about the journey. Now I find that the idea of it even having a destination is somewhat disturbing.
I know how you feel. I got the feeling of hearing from an old friend, then being told to prepare for a funeral kinda thing. Still I can't wait for the chapter to come out and I can put this to rest.
Old 2006-02-28, 10:29   Link #58
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It was a fun twelve years and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't saddened by its ending. It started in a casual and inconspicuous manner, went about its heart warming business with the utmost subtlety, and ultimately, ends in the same way it began. It's tough to say goodbye to such old friends but the wealth of memories remains with new titles to look forward to...

Ashinano's new series will begin with the May volume, let's hope it carries on his habit of heart warming stories and characters. >.>

*floats off to find something to fill the void*
Old 2006-03-01, 05:36   Link #59
JokerD

The scanlated chapter 140 is out @ http://www.cafealpha.org/

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-01, 05:49   Link #60
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
The scanlated chapter 140 is out @ http://www.cafealpha.org/
Oh no! Please no~

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, slice of life