Notices

Old 2012-05-19, 17:44   Link #4301
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I know. Try not to remind me of the overall disappointment. >.>
Old 2012-05-19, 18:12   Link #4302
Aldaeus

I've realized something after BSing with another reader over in a PM, Prometheus has this "Warhead" weapon as mentioned on page 205... I think this thing's packing a nuke... in which case oh crap... and in that case that makes a lot of sense as to why it was the one Gundamjacked by Katherine... The Preventers were contemplating using the "Nuclear Option."
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 22:53   Link #4303
Eeni

New theory:
Each of he scientists started building 2 suits, but ultimately just finished one. The ones that weren't completed where gathered up and somehow put under Quatre's jurisdiction without his knowing. And that is why they all look like their EW counterparts!

Ya, I kinnda wish they would look somewhat more different/ evolved then the EW ones.

As far as Quatre with the bow and arrow, the kid is not just a gifted musician. I wouldn't be surprised if he even knew how to preform a Japanese tea ceremony at this point.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-05-20 at 02:42.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 12:18   Link #4304
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
The Preventers were contemplating using the "Nuclear Option."
Well, they are endangering 3 billion people one way or another, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
New theory:
Each of he scientists started building 2 suits, but ultimately just finished one. The ones that weren't completed where gathered up and somehow put under Quatre's jurisdiction without his knowing. And that is why they all look like their EW counterparts!
"I designed the best Gundam I possibly could. Why would I make four other variations of it?" -Professor G, ep. 17

Try as much as you will, it just doesn't make sense that there were incomplete suits lying around in Quatre's basement. Especially not incomplete Mars Suits. Unless you're telling me that the scientists all survived Libra's fall (which admittedly wouldn't be very surprising considering how no one in the freaking series gets killed in an explosion ...except for Darlian ), there is no reason for them to design something to be used in an environment that's hardly accessible or significant at the time.

...then again, Epyon is flying around Mars, too. So I guess it's easy to refit normal MS for Mars use. I still stand by my point though. Why waste precious resources to build two suits?

And if anyone hid them in his basement, it ought to be Zayeed. I can't believe Instructor H just stuffed them in there and no one knew. Then again, Quatrine popped outta nowhere, too. Huh.

Quote:
As far as Quatre with the bow and arrow, the kid is not just a gifted musician. I wouldn't be surprised if he even knew how to preform a Japanese tea ceremony at this point.
I'd like to see that. xD But yeah, agreed. Quatre is getting way too little credit for all the awesome stuff he can pull. Besides being a gifted musician he's also a top-notch swordsman and martial artist. That OZ soldier barely had time to ask what he's doing before he got flung out of his Aries. And let's not forget that it took only him and Heero to take over an entire OZ vessel. Though I can't help but laugh every time I see Quatre holding a machine gun. It looks so out of place.

I also have the sneaking suspicion that he's wearing a Goron tunic underneath his shirt and pants because seriously, that kid is totally heat-resistant. Trekking through the desert? Traveling in a spaceship with temperatures above 80°C/180°F? Except for sweating his butt off it doesn't seem to faze him. o_o
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 12:45   Link #4305
susyia

Eah quatre is MacGyver he can do EVERYTHING
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 13:00   Link #4306
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
So I just noticed in paging through Endless Waltz, there's a pic of Mariemaia holding the music box. :S
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 13:27   Link #4307
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
So I just noticed in paging through Endless Waltz, there's a pic of Mariemaia holding the music box. :S
So that's what she's cradling... I always wondered about that. Anyway, heads up Deacon, there's also a pic of Heero not holding a music box while he's aiming a gun at Mariemaia. So at least the EW novel isn't as silly.
Old 2012-05-21, 13:34   Link #4308
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
"I designed the best Gundam I possibly could. Why would I make four other variations of it?" -Professor G, ep. 17

Try as much as you will, it just doesn't make sense that there were incomplete suits lying around in Quatre's basement. Especially not incomplete Mars Suits. Unless you're telling me that the scientists all survived Libra's fall (which admittedly wouldn't be very surprising considering how no one in the freaking series gets killed in an explosion ...except for Darlian ), there is no reason for them to design something to be used in an environment that's hardly accessible or significant at the time.
I know... I'm just grasping at straws at this point and welcoming all cartoon logic I possibly can.

Quote:
I also have the sneaking suspicion that he's wearing a Goron tunic underneath his shirt and pants because seriously, that kid is totally heat-resistant. Trekking through the desert? Traveling in a spaceship with temperatures above 80°C/180°F? Except for sweating his butt off it doesn't seem to faze him. o_o
He does. You just don't know it ^_6
I thought the translation was 80°F and used to laugh at this... 180°F makes much more sense. Poor Quatre, he must have baked on his way back to earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Eah quatre is MacGyver he can do EVERYTHING
And only Zechs knew lil Quatre's secret identity and wanted him dead ASAP.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 19:06   Link #4309
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
So that's what she's cradling... I always wondered about that. Anyway, heads up Deacon, there's also a pic of Heero not holding a music box while he's aiming a gun at Mariemaia. So at least the EW novel isn't as silly.
It's likely in his hand in that pic... the scene from Preventer 5 is a direct copy of Endless Waltz, basically.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 20:31   Link #4310
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
It's likely in his hand in that pic... the scene from Preventer 5 is a direct copy of Endless Waltz, basically.
This pic?
Spoiler for Tiny Music Box:

Well the music box its pretty small.. It kinda make sense
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 20:38   Link #4311
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
This pic?
Spoiler for Tiny Music Box:

Well the music box its pretty small.. It kinda make sense
Yeah, it's so small that it gets a little less silly. If it's small in Mariemaia's hand, then it would be completely covered in Heero's. But still.
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 21:01   Link #4312
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Yeah, it's so small that it gets a little less silly. If it's small in Mariemaia's hand, then it would be completely covered in Heero's. But still.
The thing is... during the whole events of EW... how did Heero get it? Did Mariemaia leave it by accident in the Colony in which Relena was kidnapped, and Heero and Duo went to in order to rescue her?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 04:10   Link #4313
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
CLEARER LOOK AT PROMETHEUS

i am fine with this. i like the new gun. beside we hardly see anything other than head, new gun, and shoulder

and isnt that the only major different between original HA to HA Kai is that they just add another barrel (and for HA Custom they another double barrel and major facelift)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 05:42   Link #4314
Yesman
PMS Avenger

So is Scheherazade some kind of Rainbow Unicorn version of Sandrock?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:02   Link #4315
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i am fine with this. i like the new gun. beside we hardly see anything other than head, new gun, and shoulder

and isnt that the only major different between original HA to HA Kai is that they just add another barrel (and for HA Custom they another double barrel and major facelift)
You're right that Heavyarms and HA Kai being bland upgrades is certainly not a unique thing to Kotaki. Even Okawara's design of both Kai's are nothing more then bolting on a few thrusters and adding a single weapon with no major changes to the body.

Depending on how you look at it Promethus could be considered just keeping with the theme that HA/Kai and Sandrock/Kai set, thing is if that is true then it's even more like Sandrock's upgrade will be minor.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:35   Link #4316
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
You're right that Heavyarms and HA Kai being bland upgrades is certainly not a unique thing to Kotaki. Even Okawara's design of both Kai's are nothing more then bolting on a few thrusters and adding a single weapon with no major changes to the body.

Depending on how you look at it Promethus could be considered just keeping with the theme that HA/Kai and Sandrock/Kai set, thing is if that is true then it's even more like Sandrock's upgrade will be minor.
Based on the armament mentioned about Scheherazade (See Page 205 quote below in spoiler), it will be a drastic change from the Sandrock, and Sandrock Kai weapons wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Interesting summary for the Mars part of the story, includes character, setting, battle and MS info:

Spoiler for ft:
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 15:03   Link #4317
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Based on the armament mentioned about Scheherazade (See Page 205 quote below in spoiler), it will be a drastic change from the Sandrock, and Sandrock Kai weapons wise.
That's awesome.

The more changes the better, that said it was a good thing to be pointed out that it wasn't just Katoki who left HA as he was for the most part. In fact Katoki changed HA Kai for the most part more then Okawara.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 17:35   Link #4318
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
The thing is... during the whole events of EW... how did Heero get it? Did Mariemaia leave it by accident in the Colony in which Relena was kidnapped, and Heero and Duo went to in order to rescue her?
Maybe he picked it up when no one was looking after he demolished the Presidential bunker.

With all that's been revealed in FT, it's not too far-fetched.
Old 2012-05-22, 20:35   Link #4319
Purdys99

Hey everyone. I'm know as Purdy in the GW fandom and have been a long time fan of the anime. But like most of us, as we grew up, GW has lost its relevance until Frozen Teardrop came to be. Since then, I've been dropping in and out of this forum to update myself on this convoluted, plot hole ridden, train-wreck of a sequel to our beloved anime. Just reading snippets here and there are enough to have me go dizzy with confusion; like the original show itself wasn't hard enough to follow. One thing for sure is, you can't fault FT for being uneventful or slow like the series was:S.

In any case, I still find myself hard to keep up with what's going on so I have a few questions. Anyone willing to answer, I'll be very thankful . So...

1. I already knew from Wikia that Duo was nothing but a selfish, irresponsible ass to Hilde for jerking her about by leaving, then marrying, then leaving her again, not to mention piling her with debt....but I just read from a past post here that he in fact actually married her FOR HER MONEY?!?! So not only was he a selfish deadbeat but he was also a gold digger? o.O

2. Am I to assume that Katsuyuki also rewrote EW? What is all this talk with the music box? Since when did Marie or Heero have a music box? What's the significance?

3. I've read "Interlude of the Heart" Part 1, the continuation to Preventer 5 (to my utter dread :S). So far, I'm not liking it but its entertaining at how crazy its getting. Has part 2 come out yet? If yes, what happened and where can someone link me?

4. What is the relevance of revealing everyone's past?? Like Heero's, Treize's, Relena and Milliardo's parents, etc. Is it neccessary? What's the connection with what's going on now? Can someone quickly summarize their stories to me too? I know that Relena's mother and aunt were twins and Relena's mother was tutored by the original Heero Yuy....and Relena's and Milliardo's birth father's name was Matrix? @_@

5. The last bit of plot I heard was that Heero fought with Zechs and Relena told Heero to kill her. (wow, shocker =.=) Anything else that's happened?
Purdys99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 04:39   Link #4320
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Hey Purdy. Welcome to the thread.

1. Yep, after his bike got demolished in the accident he had, he wanted to buy a new one. He found some super awesome bike (or just the engine?) he wanted to have at all costs and because he lacked the money he proposed to Hilde so he could use their joined assets. Of course he didn't tell her that. He told her he'd swear off women and alcohol but in the end Hilde married him because he would cut "the stupid braid."
Don't look at me, I didn't write it.

2. I don't know what the significance of the music box is yet but what I know is that there is (and has been for years now) an EW novelization, which features said music box. I don't know if Sumizawa wrote that novel (doubt it) but so far he has incorporated it and Preventer 5 the way they originally are, without silly additions like obscure kinships or what have you. For all intents and purposes the music box is probably a memento of Leia Barton which she gave to her daughter before she died or something. Or perhaps they incorporated it to add to her little speech about life being like an endless waltz (I think it plays that song).
Now how and why it ended up in Heero's hands, I have no idea.

3. Nope, "Interlude of the Heart" Part 1 is all we have right now. Part 2 will be available whenever Ace is out and Deacon feels like it. But to be honest, the chapter wasn't that bad. In fact, I find it to be one of the best of the entire novel. Less crazy, more awesome.

4. lol His name can be translated as either Marticus or Martix. I don't have the time right now to summarize all their back stories but as far as I can see the gundam wikia covers the most important aspects.
As for what the significance of all the back story is... *shrug* I guess we'll have to wait and see?

5. I'm very fuzzy on the details because I honestly can't be bothered to care much, so you should probably take the others' word for it but from what I remember it was more fighting between Heero and co. and Relena's followers, which ended in Heero convincing his folks to surrender so that he could be captured and brought to Relena to kill her. And let's not forget that he shed manly tears at the thought of it.

Hope that helps a little.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing