Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-02-10, 21:20   Link #4141
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Do you mean http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1..._nyuu_1_8_wave and http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1..._nana_1_8_wave ? Because they're not worth nearly that much. It's difficult with bootlegs bending prices, but the pair shouldn't be worth much more than $400, and it's unlikely you'll get that outside of auctions.
Thanks for your reply :-)

I based the pricing on past eBay results, and the fact that the person I pre-ordered mine from, Tokyo Hunter, is selling his for ~$880. Dunno how long he's had 'em up though. But these aren't bootlegs ;-)

Guess I'll have to eBay them then; I was hoping to avoid that but when desperate ya gotta go where the money is.

Cheers
Old 2012-02-11, 19:47   Link #4142
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Finally a full picture after the horrible tease last week:

Must have.

There's also Luka and Kyouko who will be taking my money. And probably more yet to be revealed. WonFes is a large wallet drain. ;.;
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:23   Link #4143
HasuMasu
*Artist

Madoka was cute, Madokami is hot.
Old 2012-02-11, 22:27   Link #4144
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
WonFes is a large wallet drain. ;.;
Isn't it the same year after year ? Some advice, nitpick about the goods, try to find faults that will not justify the cost. Only pick up whatever that is left after the process.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:30   Link #4145
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Here is some pics of figures display during WonFes today...
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7273.html

This is my best pick among all of them...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:37   Link #4146
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Isn't it the same year after year ? Some advice, nitpick about the goods, try to find faults that will not justify the cost. Only pick up whatever that is left after the process.
There's only three "must buys" for me shown so far, though a few others I'm waiting to actually see protos of. Given they won't be out for many months yet, it's fine to just sit and wait.

I spent some $7000 on figures last year, and I'm aiming to cut that in half this year so I am being more critical of them and only getting characters I really like, that end up with great sculpts.
Old 2012-02-12, 02:53   Link #4147
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am right now interested in that Hatate. However, if Captain Murasa, Parsee and Yuyuko end up as good looking in their silhouettes, I might consider them too. I'd add Alice Nendo too.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 03:18   Link #4148
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

The only Griffon Touhous I'm waiting for are Daichan and Kyouko. Though the new Reimu seems interesting; I'd like to see her complete version.

I already have a Yuyuko so I'm not sure I want to replace her, I suppose it depends how good the new one ends up. Parsee also depends how she turns out, since Griffon figures are so hit and miss.

It is good, however, to see that GSC is still doing Touhou nendos since I had read several places that they were only doing 9, with Cirno having been the last of them. Now they've announced Alice, so maybe there's hope for more yet...
Old 2012-02-12, 03:45   Link #4149
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
which is why I added if. Some of Griffon's releases looked just "plain", like their Meiling, this is why I have ended up to pick up the Meiling from another company that have been MORE dynamic and leggy. My main gripe with Griffon Enterprise is that their bases are unnecessarily broad, taking up a LOT of room.Which is blatant when they are next to Meiling, Kurisu and Hajime whose bases takes the just right room. Otherwise they are the company I turn to when I am looking for characters that don't have the popularity of Patchouli or Flandre. I know that Byakuren and Nue are fairly new, but come on, they needs a little more love too.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:00   Link #4150
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I only got China and Patchy to complete the SDM crew. The bases are irksome though, I agree. I've been thinking about a simple solution for them but yet to bother trying to execute it. I have half-ish if the Griffon Touhou set though, as seen here: http://myfigurecollection.net/pictur...o+album%3A1516 (outdated now, got Okuu and Tenshi since).

Some are plain, others I quite like, but they're readily available unlike a lot of the others. Plus the boxes are small which equals cheaper shipping.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:09   Link #4151
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Yeah, most of the Patchy figures I have seen have been too much on the moé side of Patchy. Which is why I was so happy with the announcement of the Kourindou version, she may have a HUEG hat, but she have that deadpan expression I expected from her. But if, one day, a company makes one based on her SWR portrait, I'd be very glad to take it.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:47   Link #4152
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
This is my best pick among all of them...
Shut up and take my money!!

Takemikazuchi!! <3 Muv-Luv

Hmm, I've got both Trude and Eila on order but apart from Miyafuji, I'll have all those figures. Huhuhu.

EDIT: Wait, I thought it was another Trude figure but on the far right. That figure has both a MG42 and the 13mm cannon. Oh it's Trude as well but with a different weapon. Hmm.

Whose this? Looks like Saber to me.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 04:59   Link #4153
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post

Whose this? Looks like Saber to me.
Sena from Boku ha Tomodachi Ga Sukinai. GSC's will be better, Koto's is not as interesting.
Old 2012-02-12, 05:13   Link #4154
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no way Saber would have such... "assets" anyway

Surprisingly, this WonFes didn't pull a massive urge to buy out of me, although few things are certainly eye candy (Madokami is a monster, but she will murder people's wallet, be it its price and especially the shipping cost, considering how insanely huge she looks like).

I didn't expect the PVC scale Cheerful Miku to look that good once sculpted considering how difficult it seemed, considering the original art (but hell, I wonder how GCS manage to make their characters stand like this without any risk of bending/collapsing on their own weight). Good details and colors, might as well consider pre-ordering it, humm...
Old 2012-02-12, 06:12   Link #4155
Qikz

Oh god... It's so cute... I can already see the money leaving my bank... Why... Why do you make such good figures Goodsmile...

T_T
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 06:49   Link #4156
Revan21

GSC Inori, MF Luka and Orchid Kotegawa are my three top choices, so far

If Alter re-releases Alter SW Sanya than she too.
Old 2012-02-12, 06:53   Link #4157
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

MF Luka, GSC Madokami and Kyouko for me. A few others I have some interest in but will wait to see coloured protos of.
Old 2012-02-12, 08:05   Link #4158
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Need some Stocking to my Panty if you know what i mean. I will also pillage my wallet for Kyoko, thus completing the collection. Passing Madokami, wallet begging for mercy and all... Might pick up Rorona later.

But good lord this WF coverage is like a candystore and every piece looks more delicious then the last one...
Old 2012-02-12, 09:11   Link #4159
Revan21

DAT Sega Yoko is a Must Have too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Need some Stocking to my Panty if you know what i mean. .
That reminds me, what happened to the GSC versions? Are they afraid to make them, kowing they won't be able to top the Alter figures?
Old 2012-02-12, 09:44   Link #4160
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I hope figma P4 come with their Persona counterpart...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote