AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 29.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 34.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-12, 12:24   Link #101
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster13 View Post
Also, Minori completely shooting down Ryuuji when he mentioned going UFO hunting seemed completely out of left field. It seems like a step back compared to what happened between the two in the last episode and it makes me wonder what's wrong with Minori.
She's rather shy to the whole world of the paranormal, hence further exploration is best done between the both of them alone, or during social gatherings at secluded locations.

Her extrovertedness is only limited to what she's good at.
Old 2008-12-12, 12:54   Link #102
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
You could look upon that as Minori having become more sensitive now when being around Ryuuji. Unlike before, his presence already stirs something in her, so she doesn't want to talk things that are quite sensitive to both of them. I don't think that's a step backward; if anything, it enlightens the viewer of the change in Minori's perspective as regards Ryuuji. She no longer takes him for granted.
Or Caster is indeed right. Maybe Minorin is not really looking for a relationship whatsoever thats why she just brushes off any questions or situations regarding the matter. She had plenty good development those past EP's but still, she has yet to make a "move" on Ryuuji. For now, it's all Taiga vs. Ami. Taiga by default. Ami is obvious.
Old 2008-12-12, 13:25   Link #103
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think it'll be interesting to have people return to this thread towards the end of Toradora's run and see if their reaction to this episode was appropriate

Things are so easy and obvious and its easy to criticize ... from the sidelines.
Old 2008-12-12, 13:29   Link #104
Caster13
=^_^=

I think FatalMemory brings up a good point. A school hallway doesn't exactly give one the same amount of privacy and comfort as a quiet villa balcony or secluded beach. It makes more sense now that I think about it that way.
Old 2008-12-12, 13:53   Link #105
MacrossX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post

And though her appearance in the series is very, very brief, the student council president, Kano Sumire, if her gruff talking manner wasn't enough to strike an impression on her musculine like personality on viewers, manages to enhance that in a few short seconds by sitting with her legs crossed. (The two main characters in the Spin-Off also make a brief appearance in the Student Council meeting if you look carefully. )
Well, maybe my coment is over more but what is the meaning of showing her legs crossed.

P.D. Sorry but my english grammar is very rusty.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:12   Link #106
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpepper View Post
I feel sad really. Even though Taiga has some issues on expressing her feelings, I believe out of the two of them (taiga + ryuuji) she will be the most affected by this "break-up". Or possibly this is the point where she realizes what her true feelings for Ryuuji are...

can't wait for next ep
That makes sense. I also believe the Taiga and her Dad meet-up event is a catalyst for Taiga to finally reveal her feelings, or for someone else to step in.

A lot can change by her Dad suddenly coming into the picture.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:15   Link #107
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrossX View Post
Well, maybe my coment is over more but what is the meaning of showing her legs crossed.
IT's not what we could call a lady-like behavior, especially with the short skirt she is wearing.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:22   Link #108
wistfulloner

There's this absolutely hilarious part in the show...

Haruta:
"For this Cultural Festival, our class will be doing Pro Wrestling...
..Who the hell wrote Pro Wrestling show?!
They even put "Serious Match" inside the parenthesis..."
*continues ranting*

Takasu:
"Speaking of which, why didn't you do a majority pick?"

Haruta:
*stops ranting*
"Oh."

I gave a big LOL.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:32   Link #109
Caster13
=^_^=

Some of my favourite funny moments was when Ryuuji asked "don't you guys want coupons?" then looks around and wonders why the girls aren't backing him up. Also, when Haruta is picking the class event for the festival, Yuri goes berserk and then a few scenes after Kitamura is dragging her back to her chair in the background.
Old 2008-12-12, 15:57   Link #110
typhonsentra

Quote:
Some of my favourite funny moments was when Ryuuji asked "don't you guys want coupons?" then looks around and wonders why the girls aren't backing him up.
Me too! That scene was great and was a great payoff to the rather lengthy set-up. Does anyone have a capture of Ryuuji in that deformed art style?
Old 2008-12-12, 16:08   Link #111
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Some of my favourite funny moments was when Ryuuji asked "don't you guys want coupons?" then looks around and wonders why the girls aren't backing him up.
This is why Ryuuji is awesome.
Old 2008-12-12, 17:05   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrossX View Post

P.D. Sorry but my english grammar is very rusty.
Its a pretty unladylike way to sit with a skirt and shows what a lusty wench she is ... or something. Basically, Sumire has a rough gangsterish way about her that some folks find attractive. Its not "tomboyish" so much as just rough. The interesting thing is that she's going through "senior blues" ... she knows the festival is kind of her last hurrah in high school -- she's a bit more sentimental than one might think. But the time factor also means Kitamura has to move faster if he wants to state his true feelings to her.

As for the ending of the episode, I keep replaying it ... Taiga's feelings are quite complex here, not even going to try and post my thoughts because they're running in parallel.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:02   Link #113
Kushi

Mmm I couldn't get into this episode... they focused WAY too much on Ami for the last episodes that I had forgotten Taiga's existance... they really should have put a filler for this one to set down the tone. The huge boost in Ami X Ryuuji then suddenly Taiga comes back with a huge episode of Ryuuji x Taiga is more than I can handle.. Over all, it was a decent episode but iunno really couldn't get into this one so I'll give it a 7
Old 2008-12-12, 18:04   Link #114
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I felt the same way at first, but since the first part of the episode was hilarious lulz it felt like a better transition.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:30   Link #115
wtfftw

im starting to like ami more and more and just went i thought Taiga couldnt go worse she becomes worse even ruuji became agree nuf said.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:32   Link #116
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
im starting to like ami more and more and just went i thought Taiga couldnt go worse she becomes worse even ruuji became agree nuf said.
ehhh I don't really like ami. but that's because Ami is kind of like my younger sister. a two faced bitch that will scream, yell, and hit me, but then is all sweet and nice in front of the rest of the world.

Taiga didn't go worse, but Ryuuji was trying to push his ideas on a father/daughter relationship, when she didn't want him to say ANYTHING on the subject.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-12-12, 19:19   Link #117
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
You could look upon that as Minori having become more sensitive now when being around Ryuuji. Unlike before, his presence already stirs something in her, so she doesn't want to talk things that are quite sensitive to both of them. I don't think that's a step backward; if anything, it enlightens the viewer of the change in Minori's perspective as regards Ryuuji. She no longer takes him for granted.
I read your Blog and it was wonderful summary of this episode. Like myself, there are gonna be topics dealing with this episode are very sensitive. I think roan and houkoholic are right that we should wait well this 3 episode arc is finished, then its judgment day. <--- add Terminator Movie Theme

But then again.... that Ryuuji...hehehehe joke joke
Old 2008-12-12, 19:20   Link #118
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Wow. I loved this episode. The saddest part is that Taiga obviously loves Ryuuji, would do anything for him, and she doesn't even realize it.
Old 2008-12-12, 20:34   Link #119
Nerroth
NePoi!

Nice ep, though I don't know if I'm too happy about the way it ended - a little bit too angry and violent for my tastes...

...and obliging her to go so unenthusiastically didn't wash overly well, either.

(Although, had the decided to do the cosplay thing, all that Haruta guy would need is a set of non-matching contact lenses - and H/Allelujah! Or he could blonde it up as Idris, if he preferred.)
Old 2008-12-12, 21:43   Link #120
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Man, no words to say how awesome this episode was. The ending was rushed though.
Closed Thread