AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-26, 13:31   Link #261
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The only glitch is that he ended up here due to amnesia. The only reason he was here before his amnesia was because he didn't realise he lived a fullfulling life. The only reason he still stayed after getting his memories back was because he wouldn't feel fullfilled until he helped absolutely everyone. That does essentially mean he can stay around forever but because of his motivations, not because of the glitch.
Makes sense.

On a completely random note, as sudden as the change seemed, I have to admit Kanade was adorable this episode.
Old 2010-06-26, 13:43   Link #262
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Makes sense.

On a completely random note, as sudden as the change seemed, I have to admit Kanade was adorable this episode.
Agree there. I thought her smile was the biggest surprise already. But then she write that Mapu Tofu song, and put the stand of "Praise me... I did it" (around 6:53 mark) and then run and hide behind Yuri, and hug Yuri and later Otonashi... and...

In short being super adorable...
Old 2010-06-26, 13:51   Link #263
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

I'll just leave it here.
Old 2010-06-26, 14:17   Link #264
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHart View Post

I'll just leave it here.
Um, I don't get it.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-26, 14:20   Link #265
sundisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
maybe it's been carve in his soul!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Makes sense.

whats the anime pic on your post called?
Old 2010-06-26, 14:26   Link #266
Raiza Sunozaki

Fucking Maeda...
Argh! I saw that ending coming from a mile away, but still... It was cheesy, cliched, typical Key, and it still worked so damn well...
God dammit.

But still, I found it was a good ending, despite it's shortcomings. My biggest problem with the episode was though, where did this explosion of emotion from Kanade come from? She went from being a quiet, clumsy yet responsible, adorable heroine to a somewhat normal girl. Still adorable though.
And Hinata is the most awesome Bro. Ever. With that guy as his wingman, there's no way Yuzuru could've failed.
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any information on the other members of the SSS, but I'm glad they ascended in the end.
And while Yuzuru and Kanade meeting in the next life was the obvious ending, at least Maeda put in in. Satisfy all our little worries.
All in all, I found this was a good series.
Old 2010-06-26, 14:47   Link #267
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundisk View Post
whats the anime pic on your post called?
... you mean the avatar/signature? You can change those via your User CP. Pampz21's are from Durarara, my av is from Bakemonogatari and my sig is an original illustration by an artist on pixiv.
Old 2010-06-26, 14:52   Link #268
karuroso

Quote:

I'll just leave it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Um, I don't get it.
It was much better (and happier) in KnM than here, but it does remember a bit
Old 2010-06-26, 14:54   Link #269
Crontica

You have not seen KnM!!? Get out and dont return till ya'do.
Old 2010-06-26, 15:06   Link #270
GDB

Quote:

I'll just leave it here.
Didn't notice it before, but Yuzuru and Kanade seem to be wearing matching pendants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Telling someone to "get out" because they haven't seen something, and then not actually telling them what to watch... doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Initials don't really tell people who don't already know about it anything.
Old 2010-06-26, 15:15   Link #271
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Telling someone to "get out" because they haven't seen something, and then not actually telling them what to watch... doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Initials don't really tell people who don't already know about it anything.
I remember when people actually hunted down information on their own instead of requesting it.

Here's your answer.
Old 2010-06-26, 15:21   Link #272
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Kannazuki no Miko? It was several years back, there is no way I can remember exact screenshots. >_>

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-26, 15:30   Link #273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Indeed. Especially considering how forgettable it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
But still, I found it was a good ending, despite it's shortcomings. My biggest problem with the episode was though, where did this explosion of emotion from Kanade come from? She went from being a quiet, clumsy yet responsible, adorable heroine to a somewhat normal girl. Still adorable though.
Same thing as Yuri. It's the end of the line. Nobody left to fight or to take care of. They don't have to be strong or responsible anymore.
Old 2010-06-26, 15:40   Link #274
sergho

Did anyone else think of Lost?
Old 2010-06-26, 16:00   Link #275
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

I didn't saw the resemblance between Angel Beats and Kannazuki no Miko because I just read the manga; never saw the anime.

Anyway~ I'm definitely demanding a VN (or OVA; though its still not enough) of Angel Beats! There are a lot of things that are needed to be explained about and more character development (*points at the remaining member of SSS). One thing I can say about the last episode is it caught me by surprise even though I can sense something like that will happen.

First of all, I definitely love Kanade. She's too adorable! Though I still find it weird when she was just standing there while the other three are talking about her. Then Yuri became Haruhi. She's cute when she's acting like a tsundere but I like her more when she's acting like a leader. That's the reason why I like her in the first place. Both Naoi and Hinata are still the same but Otonashi's the only one who have a major character change. I was totally surprised when he confessed to Kanade. I know there's already a chemistry between the two but I didn't think it will be showed in an instant (I'm talking about the confession). It just didn't seem like him when he cried and begged her to stay. I'm not saying its a bad thing since I did cried a bit at that scene, but it felt rushed. It felt like they only met within two months and he's head over heels in love with Kanade. I thought the reason he was just in love with Kanade because she has his heart. The body and mind are just reacting with his heart which is on another person.

There's also the time difference. If Kanade is alive before Otonashi died and she reached the afterlife first than him, then there's a chance that the others died after Otonashi died. Its like the other characters are from a different kakera and ended up on the same afterlife place XD

Oh...I also thought Otonashi will end up with Yuri since...well...its a typical protagonists pair shipping. Male lead character will fall in love with female lead character. Then suddenly its Kanade thats the female lead character. I always thought its Yuri.

Overall, its a good ending albeit rushed. Which makes me think why its only 13 even though Jun Maede said that 13 episodes are not enough? Is it because of budget costs or the other staff of the anime has already other commitments and wants to rushed it?
Old 2010-06-26, 16:20   Link #276
lionel23

An excellent ending I thought, very touching and after reading about the very different opinions on here, I have to say that I myself thought the whole show was wonderfully executed and I'm so glad for the 'post-credit' scene to know that Otonashi wasn't stuck in the afterlife.

I'm very glad the show ended with Otonashi and Kanade, and the ending and resolution of the last remaining characters was both heart-warming and touching, I especially like 'I am God' kid and Hinata, two of the best male support characters I've seen in an anime in a long, long time. Both great guys helping a very likeable main male lead.

I am also of the camp I can see how it could reasonably be theorized that Otonashi came into the world after Kanade being that 1) there could be no real passage of time here compared to Earth, I mean it is the 'afterlife' afterall, rules there might not be the same as on Earth, I mean no one can die there so there is that suspension of disbelief there and 2) Otonashi could have appeared after Kanade died and came there first and wanting to thank her donor sort of 'forced' Otonashi to appear in the world for the sake of her fulfillment.

I really, really do hope the OAV/unaired show will cover all the members AFTER the series, I would like to see how Kanade and Otonashi are doing, what happens with Yui and Hinata, the band and the many other members. That would be a clever masterstroke on the entire series, and Angel Beats definitely ranks up there as one of the top anime shows I've seen in quite a long, long while.
Old 2010-06-26, 16:42   Link #277
Knightrunner

Quote:
I haven't seen that series either so I guess I'll take my leave then (jk about my leave) I was busy watching other stuff like Code Geass or Ga-Rei Zero to know that series existed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Kannazuki no Miko? It was several years back, there is no way I can remember exact screenshots. >_>
Thanks for name of the series.

---------------------------------------------
Like I said before then ending could definately have been better, but at least it didn't end up having an Eureka 7 ending or having as much plot holes and Cannan so I was satisfied with the series.

I have to admit this series sure kept me entertained from late April up to now and I can't really think of any anime created recently that has.
Old 2010-06-26, 16:52   Link #278
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I've just rewatched ep 1 by chance and started to remember about my expectation back then. Now i feels desperate of how things turn out during the course of this anime.

Angel Beat has potential to make a real hit. Why do they have to rush up toward the ending for? If they have more time, the drama will work better also.
Old 2010-06-26, 17:04   Link #279
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I've just rewatched ep 1 by chance and started to remember about my expectation back then. Now i feels desperate of how things turn out during the course of this anime.

Angel Beat has potential to make a real hit. Why do they have to rush up toward the ending for? If they have more time, the drama will work better also.
This, though I still enjoyed it. While I had no problem with the directions and developments in the story, simply put, they were all way too fast, the rush was very obvious.

The vice presidents iron ruling (name eludes me momentarily), yui's romance, kanade and otonashi's as well, the characters passing on off screen without us knowing a damn about their real feelings or the backgrounds of most of them. There was SO much that could have and should have been done, and many things that needed more time like above mentioned, its a real shame it was crunched into 13 episodes...
Old 2010-06-26, 17:06   Link #280
bombyethan1000

I heard that jun maeda left key just after finishing angel beats, amirite?
Closed Thread