AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 17:54   Link #1081
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Spoiler for new chapter:
Spoiler for new chapter:
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 18:54   Link #1082
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Spoiler for new chapter:
Spoiler:
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 02:06   Link #1083
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

ok, for the benefit of us not reading the manga due to reasons too many to mention, so with the recent developments, is there gonna be a season 3? (sorry if i sound retarded if someone else asked this before, or if is clearly obvious). if there is, well, what will be the fate of k-on now that the original 4 is out of the picture? (i don't know that these new members will fill in the gaps left behind, but i wish to see them do that, for the sake of the anime).

thanks....
Old 2011-05-13, 02:33   Link #1084
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
ok, for the benefit of us not reading the manga due to reasons too many to mention, so with the recent developments, is there gonna be a season 3? (sorry if i sound retarded if someone else asked this before, or if is clearly obvious). if there is, well, what will be the fate of k-on now that the original 4 is out of the picture? (i don't know that these new members will fill in the gaps left behind, but i wish to see them do that, for the sake of the anime).

thanks....
Well, first of all, the original 4 aren't really out of the picture. They're having adventures off in college. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a season three. But it probably won't come for a while.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 02:34   Link #1085
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^The new manga is now split into two: one following Yui & gang's college life and the other - Azusa, Ui and Jun in highschool.

- Season 3? We sure hope so (with how popular K-on is, it HAS to happen, right? :{ )
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 02:34   Link #1086
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Split groups.

Mio, Yui, Ritsu, and Mugi, all at college. At least 5 new characters have been introduced. However their roll in the overall picture is now clear yet. (only 2 chapters of this group is out currently)

Azusa, Ui, and Jun (with Sawako-sensei), still in high school. Only one new character has been introduced into this group and we aren't sure what her roll is yet. (only one chapter of this group is out currently)

Third Season will be a ways off. Even at two manga chapers a month, it will take a little while to build up enough to make a good run for the two groups. No clue what KyoAni would do to keep the two groups' stories apart within a single season, nor if either group will be more popular than the other since it is way, way to early to tell.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:43   Link #1087
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Two chapters a month? -_-

Maybe they could split each episode between college and highschool? Or switch intermittently. Nichijou already does something like that anyway.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:54   Link #1088
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

College life chapter comes out the beginning of each month and the High School life chapter comes out at the end of the month...in different magazines. So two chapters a month.

This is why the College Life has two chapters out already while the High School group only has one out....the manga restarted in April.
Old 2011-05-13, 03:02   Link #1089
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Oh, two magazines. Darn, it's going to be a lot longer than a year if we're gong to see it animated.
Old 2011-05-13, 03:14   Link #1090
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Currently published in Manga Time Kirara (College cast) and Manga Time Kirara Carat (High School cast).
Old 2011-05-13, 03:51   Link #1091
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^Oh, two magazines. Darn, it's going to be a lot longer than a year if we're gong to see it animated.
As far as I know, it's just the publication that is divided, but the manga itself is still 1.
Come to think of it, if it will truly be only 1 manga (college + HS) then it could mean it'll be faster to finish.

Normally, mangaka would work 1 chapter per month (for the monthly publication of course), but Kakifly did 2 chapter per month.

As for the tv adaptation, they don't need to wait the manga to be finished to start a season, do they?

Well... that's only as far as I know and also my opinion.
Old 2011-05-13, 05:30   Link #1092
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
As for the tv adaptation, they don't need to wait the manga to be finished to start a season, do they?
Nah, but they need to at least wait until 1) there's a decent amount of material to adapt and 2) the movie is over and done with.

I wouldn't expect another K-On! anime until 2012 at the earliest.
Old 2011-05-13, 06:54   Link #1093
Sparvid
*hic*

Yeah, it seems unlikely that a third season would be announced before the movie is out on Blu-ray, and by then there should be quite a bunch of manga chapters done.
Old 2011-05-13, 08:14   Link #1094
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Do you think they'll go with rookie seiyuu for the new characters or experienced ones? (If not I want Hayami Saori for Azusa's band). Hopefully they'll find someone who sings as well as Mio.
Old 2011-05-13, 09:14   Link #1095
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Nah, but they need to at least wait until 1) there's a decent amount of material to adapt and 2) the movie is over and done with.

of course, the first season of the anime was made just after 1 (or 2?) volume of the manga, and they only got 13 episodes.

I also don't want the 3rd season (if there'll be any) to start so soon. Even the movie is too early for me And just like what Sparvid said, I also think that the movie should be released in BD and DVD first (which means around the end of 2012), and maybe KyoAni will have another project going on too~

What I implied in my post before is just that it seems the manga would be done faster by doing the 2 chapters per month (considering it'll be around 4 volume like the 1st one). Otherwise, there's a possibility that the story will be longer too (more volumes, but done in 2 chapters to shorten the time) and the college years is > 3 years too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555
Do you think they'll go with rookie seiyuu for the new characters or experienced ones? (If not I want Hayami Saori for Azusa's band). Hopefully they'll find someone who sings as well as Mio.
Hmm, looking at KyoAni's tradition, maybe they'll go for rookie seiyuu (with 1 or 2 experienced ones). So far they're pretty good at making names for the new seiyuus
Old 2011-05-13, 10:07   Link #1096
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Damn, thought so. Maybe I should try out.... you think they audition guys? :3
Old 2011-05-13, 13:32   Link #1097
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

While we don't really see teachers get involved in college/uni clubs I do actually hope to see a male involved with the girls, I think it would add a nice spin to the series but then it's always been about the girls.

It's a hard place to be in...

Still can't wait to see more of Sumire, as I said to the KiNA-mon, so far at least shes the best both Mio and Mugi-chan. Mio's shy/scaredy cat and Mugi-chan's looks and tea making abilities.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:00   Link #1098
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well so far the males of the series have been mostly background.
You have Ritsu's brother. The Music shop clerk. One teacher who taught when Sawako was going to school. You have the school principle who is only seen in the manga side jokes...the one that likes to crossdress in Sawako's handmade outfits. Mugi's butler. And I suppose Yui and Ui's father. Aside from the even more background parents of the other girls.

Plus they are going to Japan Women's University.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:03   Link #1099
Goggen

Quote:
Woops, scratch that, I meant 2013. I wouldn't expect to see it as early as next year...
Old 2011-05-14, 00:07   Link #1100
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Expect any season3 at least 1 year after the movie's release. That's January 2013 at the earliest.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life