AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 13:27   Link #20741
zibi88

Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for hmm...:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 13:54   Link #20742
Chris38

Spoiler for 44:

@zibi

Spoiler for 44:

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-08-02 at 14:24.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 14:55   Link #20743
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@mrShady

Spoiler for 44:

Spoiler for chap 44:
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 15:42   Link #20744
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Spoiler for 44:
Spoiler for 44:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 17:32   Link #20745
Tachibana
タチバナ

You guys are really going at it

But all i have to say is that, Tsukune is beast
Old 2011-08-02, 17:48   Link #20746
haegar
mangaviking

well lez wait n see how he fares with the jigentou
Old 2011-08-02, 18:27   Link #20747
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
well lez wait n see how he fares with the jigentou
Indeed, that will be a great event, hes going to own Akua
Old 2011-08-02, 18:38   Link #20748
haegar
mangaviking

you know I had the weirdest thought: his jigentou is gonna work like naruto's stalled out rasen shuriken ... (i.e. NOT) but he's gonna make akua join the harem to make up for it
Old 2011-08-02, 19:52   Link #20749
Chris38

Hm, what makes you guys think that Tsukune has learned how to use the Jigen-tou ?

I'm not denying the fact, that Tohou Fuhai might have managed to teach Tsukune how to use the Jigen-tou, during their training sessions, but so far there is nothing that confirms that. After all, considering the fact that both Akua and Ling - Ling didn't need to learn how to use youjutsu techniques to learn how to use the Jigen-tou, since we didn't see them using "runes", unlike Tsukune or Tohou Fuhai, making me think that the Jigem-tou is a completely different technique compared to Tohou Fuhai's youjutsu techniques - in other words I have a hard time, believing that Tsukune has managed to learn the Jigen-tou during his one month training with Tohou Fuhai.
Old 2011-08-02, 19:55   Link #20750
Tachibana
タチバナ

@haegar
Well as far as we know Tsukune doesn't know Jigen-Tou, it's possible that Touhou taught him during the month of training since it wasn't shown, but it will probably appear in the future as a flashback of what happened during his training, if it did happen that is.

As for Akua, let's not go with the harem thing for now, but she will indeed go through great change after her encounter with Tsukune.

Jigen-Tou is one of the most advanced Youjutsu techniques, but now that Tsukune has a reconstructed body that can use Youjutsu, than him learning Jigen-Tou can happen.
Old 2011-08-02, 22:55   Link #20751
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I don't know if it's going to happen or not, but I'm thinking that Tsukune's Shinso powers aren't under his complete control yet. HOWEVER, he seems to be slowly adapting to it with each time he goes berserk, each time gaining a little more ground on control than the last. If you take each confirmed "berserk" time he's had since the Midao Battle in season 1, he has had a little more progress in "directing" his berserk side to know friend from foe, where as in the Midao Battle, he was completely wild.

In his battle with Hokuto was probably his closest to being in his shinso release without actually losing control of it, but I think that was just simply more of his situation of trying to out-endure Hokuto than just recklessly releasing his full power.

In the Doppleganger incident, he berserked, but he was in somewhat in control, but not completely, but it was more like a daze/dream for him, but he was still able to prevent himself from going too wild and turning on his friends. This latest one where he erupted on Fuhai was probably an extension of that time, but again Tsukune was able to recognize Kurumu and seemed to consciously fight his released instincts to not attack her. The only reason I think that happened to her and not Fuhai was that Fuhai hadn't been "programed" into Tsukune's shinso blood as an ally just yet, where as everyone else in his harem has been. However, I am not entirely sure if other allies like Gin or Haiji would be programed or not, as we haven't had an opportunity for such a scene to happen yet.

I'm thinking that maybe it would take like 3 or 4 more berserker events to have Tsukune gain full control, unless Fuhai or someone else helps train Tsukune in pushing his mental limits just far enough to border on that state but not cross it, and stay in that state for an extended period of time and then eventually cross that threshold and hope that Tsukune can maintain his sense of self while immersed in his shinso power. Only then can he be said to have full control once he's able to do that and bring himself in and out consistently.

Spoiler for Kahlua:

Spoiler for the future:
Old 2011-08-03, 01:27   Link #20752
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post

Spoiler for the future:
Spoiler for the future:

@Shinso Tsukune

True, the Jigen-tou is a highly advanced "secret" technique, which is precisely the reason, why I don't think that Tsukune had managed to learn it. After all, it's pretty evident that Tsukune has learned a lot of different youjutsu techniques, and considering Akasha's reaction after she learned that Akua has managed to learn the Jigen-tou, it's a difficult technique to learn - after all, so far the only one who was shown of using the Jigen-tou is Ling - Ling, who has mentioned that she was "made" by Tohou Fuhai, which might mean that she had some advantage in learning the Jigen-tou.

Now, do I think it's possible for Tsukune to learn the Jigen-tou in a single month, the answer is yes, if it had been the only technique that Tsukune would be training in, and judging from Tsukune's performance in chapter 43, that hasn't been the case.
Old 2011-08-03, 03:21   Link #20753
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Hm, what makes you guys think that Tsukune has learned how to use the Jigen-tou ?

I'm not denying the fact, that Tohou Fuhai might have managed to teach Tsukune how to use the Jigen-tou, during their training sessions, but so far there is nothing that confirms that. After all, considering the fact that both Akua and Ling - Ling didn't need to learn how to use youjutsu techniques to learn how to use the Jigen-tou, since we didn't see them using "runes", unlike Tsukune or Tohou Fuhai, making me think that the Jigem-tou is a completely different technique compared to Tohou Fuhai's youjutsu techniques - in other words I have a hard time, believing that Tsukune has managed to learn the Jigen-tou during his one month training with Tohou Fuhai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
@haegar
Well as far as we know Tsukune doesn't know Jigen-Tou, it's possible that Touhou taught him during the month of training since it wasn't shown, but it will probably appear in the future as a flashback of what happened during his training, if it did happen that is.

As for Akua, let's not go with the harem thing for now, but she will indeed go through great change after her encounter with Tsukune.

Jigen-Tou is one of the most advanced Youjutsu techniques, but now that Tsukune has a reconstructed body that can use Youjutsu, than him learning Jigen-Tou can happen.
Yeah you guys are totally right, I guess I got carried away with the sheer badassness of his alucard berserk form and went on a mindless rant there . I reread the last dozen or so chaps yesterday while wating for claymore.... (still waiting btw) and actually there's two interesting things Fuhai said: the first is after sparing with Tsukune in his elder form: you cannot reach Akua's level in this lifetime" ... and then after that, when Tsukune insisted on "becoming a shield at least, for his friends and Moka" THEN he said sth. like "oh well, if you just want to be able to block jigen-tou there is one chance: human modification."

So actually Fuhai said he can't get him there, though he might be able to block. Having that in mind I actually really find it doubtful that he could beat Akua - then again, gotta keep in mind Fuhai said that prior to realizing about the shinzo power part. So aeh, well I dunno . Chances are high he cannot use it after one month - in any case it would be asspull if he could beat Akua the uber-prodigy with her own chosen weapon of choice about which even Fuhai acknowledges that she has surpassed him already (well "hand to hand" he said, but you use your hands for jigen-tou, so I take it he refers to her mastering the "full jigen-tou attack" he pulled himself, after witnessing it once only ...)

What does come to mind btw - in that chapter where Fuhai fought Akua(37 I think), AFTER they both used the fully powered jigen-tou Akua found out about Moka being hidden behind the barrier - and she attacked it with jigen-tou and it withstood it at least for a couple of panels before it crumbled from it - maaaybe he'll teach him a move like that barrier (he did not anticipate that Akua noticed them hidden behind it, so maybe that barrier seal there wasn't the stongest he can do) - like in ch43 that roundish seal like the ones Fuhai uses appeared above his elbow when he cast the Fuhai style attack - maybe he'll have gained two say half meter size "seals" for each elbow with which he can fight as if he had jigen-tou resistent elbow pads? That might actually make for a nice lookin fight. A totally different problem though is matchin Akua's hax speed - Akasha was suprised by it when they fought, and she was fast enough to dodge even Fuhai's full force jigen-tou from some 10 meters distance ... if he ain't fast enough it really doesn't even mater which technique he gained I think ...
Old 2011-08-03, 04:07   Link #20754
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Well, if we look at Tsukune's "berserk form" capabilities, I think that Tsukune shouldn't have a drawback in terms of speed, when fighting with Akua.

After all, what his berserk form has shown us, is the capabilities of Tsukune's "current" body, which he should be capable of, even in his "normal state", provided that Tsukune has been sufficiently trained in "understanding" his bodies physical capabilities.

While, I'm not saying that Tsukune would b e capable of moving as fast as Akua does, but at the current point, he should be capable of tracking her movements and intercepting Akua's attacks, which has been implied in chapter 43, considering the fact that Tsukune was the only one, in his group, who was capable of sensing Gyokuro's youkai energy.

After all, it's not like Tsukune has to keep up with Akua's movements, he just needs to intercept her attacks, and execute his own counterattack at the same time as Akua's attack is being blocked, letting his endurance and Determinator attribute take care of the rest of the details surrounding his fight with Akua -at least, that's the general idea that came to my mind on how Tsukune could beat Akua.

Not to mention that, it's quite evident that Tohou Fuhai has learned what Akua is capable of, during his brief fight against her in the Wong family mansion, and judging from his attitude in chapter 38 and 39, I don't think he would bother himself with training Tsukune, if he hadn't had any chances of wining against Akua.

As for the exact details on the method that Tsukune is going to use to win his fight with Akua, well we will have to continue reading this manga to find that out
Old 2011-08-03, 04:29   Link #20755
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Well, if we look at Tsukune's "berserk form" capabilities, I think that Tsukune shouldn't have a drawback in terms of speed, when fighting with Akua.

After all, what his berserk form has shown us, is the capabilities of Tsukune's "current" body, which he should be capable of, even in his "normal state", provided that Tsukune has been sufficiently trained in "understanding" his bodies physical capabilities.

While, I'm not saying that Tsukune would b e capable of moving as fast as Akua does, but at the current point, he should be capable of tracking her movements and intercepting Akua's attacks, which has been implied in chapter 43, considering the fact that Tsukune was the only one, in his group, who was capable of sensing Gyokuro's youkai energy.

After all, it's not like Tsukune has to keep up with Akua's movements, he just needs to intercept her attacks, and execute his own counterattack at the same time as Akua's attack is being blocked, letting his endurance and Determinator attribute take care of the rest of the details surrounding his fight with Akua -at least, that's the general idea that came to my mind on how Tsukune could beat Akua.

Not to mention that, it's quite evident that Tohou Fuhai has learned what Akua is capable of, during his brief fight against her in the Wong family mansion, and judging from his attitude in chapter 38 and 39, I don't think he would bother himself with training Tsukune, if he hadn't had any chances of wining against Akua.

As for the exact details on the method that Tsukune is going to use to win his fight with Akua, well we will have to continue reading this manga to find that out
It depends on how Tsukune approaches the fight. If he goes all-out from the get-go, he'll have a harder time against Akuha. But if he fights smart, and lets Akuha exhaust herself from overuse of the Jigentou, he'll have a much better chance. Just blocking it would infuriate her, and most likely throw her off her game. And should she find out he's human, yeah, she'll go berserk, especially at the thought of a human fighting on even ground with her. That vampire pride couldn't possibly take it. I'm sure Touhou and Ling Ling have told him about Akuha's weaknesses as well as her strengths. He'd be in REAL trouble if this was the first time he'd met her. Fortunately it's not true, and Akuha's in for a major surprise when they do meet. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:11   Link #20756
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Akuha won't exhaust herself that easily and using the Jigentou has much more applications for use at a lower power output so she's not going to go full bore from the start. Neither is him blocking it going to give her a hernia. I have a feeling that you need an equal amount of power to the Jigentou in order to block it. If that's the case, if Akuha engages in a 'horns locked' battle, there's a good chance that Tsukune's energy will run out faster than Akuha's from the constant drain of trying to keep her attack from hitting him.

The only way she'll truly lose control is if she sees just how much Moka favors him above everything else. And to learn that Tsukune is not only 'above' her in terms of 'importance' but also a human whom is infused with the Shinso Blood - I think that revelation will make her 'snap' into something far worse than anything we've seen from her as of yet. So far, she's been overbearingly powerful and even against Todou Fuhai, one of the Dark Lords, she was relatively calm. Akuha snapped will probably be one frightening moment to behold.

And on a different note, Rubi's mini-boss seems an awful lot like Raizen from YuYu Hakushou...I guess it's the hair and the lightning.

Too bad that Mizore's ice clones are almost useless here - Gyokuro can see right through them. Depends on how she uses them though - using them to run around a corner to trigger an ambush then the real ones follow up. Would be a nice tactic if the other mini-bosses didn't have good sensory skills, which they probably do. ...I wonder if Sun's voice can disrupt Gyokuro's sensor ability... If Gin and Haji camp out near her location, she's good to go on anything.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:31   Link #20757
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Akuha won't exhaust herself that easily and using the Jigentou has much more applications for use at a lower power output so she's not going to go full bore from the start. Neither is him blocking it going to give her a hernia. I have a feeling that you need an equal amount of power to the Jigentou in order to block it. If that's the case, if Akuha engages in a 'horns locked' battle, there's a good chance that Tsukune's energy will run out faster than Akuha's from the constant drain of trying to keep her attack from hitting him.

The only way she'll truly lose control is if she sees just how much Moka favors him above everything else. And to learn that Tsukune is not only 'above' her in terms of 'importance' but also a human whom is infused with the Shinso Blood - I think that revelation will make her 'snap' into something far worse than anything we've seen from her as of yet. So far, she's been overbearingly powerful and even against Todou Fuhai, one of the Dark Lords, she was relatively calm. Akuha snapped will probably be one frightening moment to behold.
Well, if the only way for Tsukune to be capable of beating Akua is by revealing his human origins, and how important he is to Moka, then I have nothing to say to that. I think that you have got a point, and it might be possible that Tsukune is going to such a tactic in his fight with Akua, but honestly speaking I think it's a little too early to go into an detailed speculations on Tsukune's chances against Akua, when we still don't know how strong Tsukune has gotten, during his one month training.

Still, it's true that one of Tsukune's weak points is his lack of combat experience, which is probably the reason why he needs to "shake" Akua's mental state first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

And on a different note, Rubi's mini-boss seems an awful lot like Raizen from YuYu Hakushou...I guess it's the hair and the lightning.

Too bad that Mizore's ice clones are almost useless here - Gyokuro can see right through them. Depends on how she uses them though - using them to run around a corner to trigger an ambush then the real ones follow up. Would be a nice tactic if the other mini-bosses didn't have good sensory skills, which they probably do. ...I wonder if Sun's voice can disrupt Gyokuro's sensor ability... If Gin and Haji camp out near her location, she's good to go on anything.
Spoiler for 44:
Old 2011-08-03, 16:40   Link #20758
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

A small present to sweeten the waiting time until the scanlation is out. By yours sincerely

Spoiler for 34 - Rough Script:

Last edited by Mahou; 2011-08-05 at 09:42. Reason: few corrections
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 17:37   Link #20759
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
A small present to sweeten the waiting time until the scanlation is out. By yours sincerely

Spoiler for 34 - Rough Script:
thanks a bunch mate, my perfect mangaday just got even better (claymore:win, naruto:win, shikgei no kyoujin vol4: win, bleach: readable, AND NOW THIS; TOO)

btw you seem to have some irregularity with the page count from around p9/10/11 its sometimes messy ebven though in the end it fits again... nevermind though thx for read

Last edited by haegar; 2011-08-03 at 18:07.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 18:00   Link #20760
GrimJack

Spoiler for Gyokuro says:

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire