AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 95 68.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 3.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-12, 22:49   Link #41
OverNOut
The Obsever

This was a very nice episode overall. The soundtrack was great but I still miss the insert song Ame from Index 1 and it looks like I'm not the only one.
The pacing was not bad in this episode. Can't wait for the next one.

Dog really hates that bear.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 22:53   Link #42
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Lol Touman is a boss, shrugging off electricity like it's nothing. And finally, what me and a bunch of other people were waiting for, Touma vs Accelerator next week. Man, I'm so excited for it.
Old 2013-07-12, 22:57   Link #43
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
I've seen this scene in the Index anime and definitely have to say this version is way better.

We get to see what's going on in Misaka's head instead of Touma's which is why I don't consider this scene boring even though I had seen already. Also the soundtrack behind this combined with Misaka's thoughts make it way more emotional then the Index version which is a big plus for me.

Now if only they redid all of Index season 1 with the animation style of this anime. I would actually re-watch it. But tis just a dream sadly.

Can't wait to see how they do the Accelerator vs Touma fight.

Some people just have the wrong expectations when watching this. Some folks are either watching this just for the fanservice or for what I would like to call the Accelerator badassness-fanservice. So no surprise this deep emotional scene gets lost on them. In the Index anime, this scene was just glossed over.

Most of the Accelerator fight with Touma was in the same episode as this bridge scene. But in Railgun S, they spent most of the episode on the bridge scene while the Accelerator fight with Touma will get a whole episode to it self. So even the timing of it is better.

It's annoying some people seem to dis this anime for covering stuff from Index 1. But the alternate perspective + the better animation is why I love this anime thus far. The SISTERS arc was my favorite of the Index anime. Hell I saw a Misaka clone holding a sniper rifle on a rooftop in someone's sig. That's what caused me to search for and discover the Index anime and by proxy this one. So damn straight I would like this version of the story arc. It has more detail with Misaka's perspective + better animation/art design, and thus isn't repetitive and boring.

Cause unlike some folks, I actually do watch anime "for the plot".

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 23:17   Link #44
Veviticus

Very enjoyable episode. It was nice to see this from Misaka's perspective as you can feel what she feels.
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 23:28   Link #45
Peanutbutter

I just realised one thing while watching this episode.

Another reason why Touma refused to use his IB against Misaka, is that he realised if he did that, and does what he wanna do later, it may still be considered as "within calculations".

Conversely, if he did take her attacks like a boss, and then do what we are about to see, then the result will be strong enough to think that the calculations may be wrong.

It isn't simply about Touma wanna be the hero or whatsoever, but I think it makes sense to think of it this way.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 23:50   Link #46
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I just realised one thing while watching this episode.

Another reason why Touma refused to use his IB against Misaka, is that he realised if he did that, and does what he wanna do later, it may still be considered as "within calculations".

Conversely, if he did take her attacks like a boss, and then do what we are about to see, then the result will be strong enough to think that the calculations may be wrong.

It isn't simply about Touma wanna be the hero or whatsoever, but I think it makes sense to think of it this way.
touma is not wanna be a hero, he already a hero..., by the way.....mikoto is wrong...there is alot of hero in academy city..not just our touma, she just dont know where to look...even though the one that can defeat accelerator is only him tho...
Old 2013-07-12, 23:53   Link #47
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I am speechless.

Rating= Infinity (no joke)

This is by far the best thing animated raildex (so far).

This gave me chills.

My mouth was open pretty much during the entire bridge scene.

I will give my longest episode review yet in a few hours. I need to watch this a few more times. (4 is not enough) Otherwise, I won't be able to describe how amazing this was.

This was out of this world.

The english subtitles literally gave me the chills.

I am buying the Japanese version of these dvds at least of this episode when it comes out. I am going to support their sales no matter what. They need feedback that this was out of this world. I don't care what other people think.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-13 at 00:22.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 23:55   Link #48
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

IB Touma is still no way to defeat Accelerator, his plot armor is just too high but we love it rofl.

Last edited by monir; 2013-07-13 at 03:05. Reason: Then don't reply to "Pathetic Fallacy"
BTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 00:09   Link #49
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Indeed.

My favorite part of this episode was Misaka's crying right after Touma gave her a pat on the head. That was well done by her voice actress so props to whomever that is.

The one other scene from an anime that I recently recalled that felt this emotional to me was when Mikasa first found out Eren was alive on Attack on Titan which was another example of outstanding voice acting.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 00:27   Link #50
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
What a pathetic fallacy!
You know, I sometimes wonder if he's expecting the wrong things from the wrong series.

And the subs... Well, since I already watched it during its actual airing time, I just skimmed to the parts I don't get the dialogue at all (which is thankfully a few). And on further hindsight I like how the next episode's PV Touma shows off a fighting stance, since most of the time what he does is directly run for the punch. Either run from or run towards the target.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-07-13 at 00:45.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 00:43   Link #51
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Indeed.

My favorite part of this episode was Misaka's crying right after Touma gave her a pat on the head. That was well done by her voice actress so props to whomever that is.

The one other scene from an anime that I recently recalled that felt this emotional to me was when Mikasa first found out Eren was alive on Attack on Titan which was another example of outstanding voice acting.
I compare this to the last, best episode of Clannad After Story. Actually. Though I am pretty sure that next episode even beats this in terms of quality. You'll see what I mean. It's unbelievable... but true.

After next episode, this may be my favorite anime series ever. (I mean Raildex is my favorite series in terms of all franchises. But it isn't my favorite anime quite yet. Clannad is complete after all and was an incredible anime).

Episodes 15 and 16 will most likely make me change my favorite series to Railgun S. I just can't believe this. It's so wonderful.

In terms of Hamazura: he's either trolling, not trolling (too bad for him), or missing the point because he's heartless.

You take your pick.

Hopefully, the real Hamazura is less heartless

I was waiting for this all season though. Perfection is bliss literally in this case. It was absolutely phenomenal.

I might just give the analysis tomorrow morning. I can finally get some sleep now Now, that my life has been more complete. What am I going to do with myself when Railgun S ends?
Old 2013-07-13, 01:04   Link #52
iceaco

Railgun S2 really takes the Index animation to the next level.. Index was packed with action and Railgun was packed with slice of life but this is just the right mix of drama and action..
The scene that struck me most this episode was Touma rubbing Misaka's hair.. It was really intimate yet it didn't imply much, just simple comforting. They really animated this well, even though the manga were quite good already.
As someone who read the LN until the latest translated volume, I'm still surprised how well this season is treated by the animation studio.

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 01:29   Link #53
Kon the Magnificent

This episode is truly something else. No words can describe what I am feeling after watching it.

All I can say for sure, is that Misaka is now taking her first steps out of despair and into the light of hope that is Touma.

Ah, watching/reading this arc again and again never gets old.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 01:57   Link #54
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
That Kanji means Noble Law... seems a little overdone, dunno.
He forgot the last "u". It should be 保留 (horyuu) for "deferred" was what he was going for as that was the last thing they called the cat.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 02:02   Link #55
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
He forgot the last "u". It should be 保留 (horyuu) for "deferred" was what he was going for as that was the last thing they called the cat.
Oh yeah lol. It is deferred. (take this as you will)

Anyway, Touma is not weaker than Saten even if it is poetic (not the weakest level 0... ) (actually though... he is if you think about it... but that's another story...It just dawned on me why this makes sense )

Also, I love how Kuroko notes her power doesn't work on Touma as well. This episode seriously though was much better than the rendition in Index I. Granted: this is 5 years later, with more budget, and is the fourth rendition of the original material rather than the first or second. So it obviously should be better.

Though this was absolutely impeccable.

I think the OSTs were the best part.

BTW: Mikoto shouldn't call herself a damsel. Tsundere's aren't really damsels but ok...

Also, why doesn't Mikoto just ask him what his power is for goodness sakes. I mean she has other things to worry about... but I am actually pretty sure he would easily tell her

Also, this kind of subverted the shonen vibe. Sure this episode was about friendship. But it wasn't plot armourish friendship. It was real friendship. This really showed some of the most powerful emotions in animation that I have ever seen. Why can't Railgun 3 and Index III be concurrent so there's less time to wait for the next one?

I just noticed they didn't mention the X'd laboratories at all between Touma and Mikoto, huh.

Also, Mikoto looks like her mother when crying.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-13 at 02:38.
Old 2013-07-13, 03:09   Link #56
ReddyRedWolf

I was disappointed in the Railgun manga not having Kuroko's POV of meeting Touma. It happened off panel.

Here we are presented Railgun perspective and Kuroko isn't presented as seductive in posture.

Though it can be argued in the Index side is Touma's POV of Kuroko.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 03:29   Link #57
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I was disappointed in the Railgun manga not having Kuroko's POV of meeting Touma. It happened off panel.

Here we are presented Railgun perspective and Kuroko isn't presented as seductive in posture.

Though it can be argued in the Index side is Touma's POV of Kuroko.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That's what you got from the episode?
Old 2013-07-13, 03:34   Link #58
Jaden

I'm really impressed by this show right now. It's the same plot as in Index, but it's somehow gone from Touma punching people and building his harem to such an engaging drama. Really exceeded my expectations. Or should I say, smashed my delusions.
Old 2013-07-13, 04:03   Link #59
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Anyway, Touma is not weaker than Saten even if it is poetic (not the weakest level 0... ) (actually though... he is if you think about it... but that's another story...It just dawned on me why this makes sense )
That is just a language issue. The sub I saw said "what if he lost to academy city's weakest level 0" and I'm guessing what you saw was similar, but a more clear (and more awkward and thus probably why the other is used) way to put that is "what if he lost to a level 0, the weakest in Academy City." I mean its all really the same, except the first also can be interpreted in the way you are talking about (implying that Touma is saying he is the weakest). Anyway, 'Academy City's weakest' is the description for the rank of level 0, and not the description of a specific level 0.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 04:15   Link #60
ReddyRedWolf

LOL The only reason Touma is Level 0 is that his too OCP to be categorized.

On his own he is normal. His ability won't show unless pitted against espers and magicians. Plus it is only localized on his right hand.

Kuroko likely thought she'll get more that a neck snap if the supervisor catches her with a boy in her room.

Touma is lucky this time.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sexism