AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 95 68.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 3.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-13, 11:02   Link #81
eiyuu99

I seem to recall anime Index claims Mikoto will be defeated in around 125 steps. What is correct number?

Spoiler:
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:05   Link #82
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Got my hands on the subbed episode.

That remake of the scene with Mikoto blasting the bridge was amazing. To see that resigned look on his face and that stance when he swore to not fight Mikoto was as she was about to unleash her full power... that was very intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Loved this ep. best heart squashing scene was when touma was comforting misaka by patting her head....not only she was blushing but was crying kinda in ease that there is someone who would do this for her and had no bad throughts about all that... so had someone she could talk to about anything and cry out when she feels like crying after all she went throught and all she was holding in..... voice actress was very good here... the sad ease cry with the bridge in background
It's a heartwarming moment like this one that reminds me why I rooted for Mikoto x Touma in the first place. I mean: can you find any better interaction between Touma and anyone else than when those two are together? Not sure there is.

That scene alone is worth the entire season. I can't wait to see more by the time we reach the end of the Sisters arc.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:17   Link #83
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
It's a heartwarming moment like this one that reminds me why I rooted for Mikoto x Touma in the first place. I mean: can you find any better interaction between Touma and anyone else than when those two are together? Not sure there is.
There is a lot, be it female or even male .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:20   Link #84
HandofFate

Amazing episode. Music was really nice.
Can't wait for the action next episode. Was kind of surprised how long they stretched this sequence. Be great if the action lasted the whole episode in 15.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:05   Link #85
leukrota

Ooh, I too am loving this adaptation.

Honestly, can't they do something like this for Index III?

Does the main difference come from having the manga for reference? If so, they should hire Fuyukawa to do the storyboard for the Index anime...
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:08   Link #86
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Ooh, I too am loving this adaptation.

Honestly, can't they do something like this for Index III?

Does the main difference come from having the manga for reference? If so, they should hire Fuyukawa to do the storyboard for the Index anime...
Actually what they need is a better planning. I heard the last season had some serious issues because some of the hired freelancers for animation just so happened to be working on other series like Shitty Crown thus resulting in the difference of art between episodes. Both the director and the animation director were burning because of those unreliable guys .
Old 2013-07-13, 12:15   Link #87
leukrota

Well, that explains a lot.

Hopefully they learned from the experience...
Old 2013-07-13, 12:23   Link #88
Miraluka
Banned

To think they wasted animation on GC XD.

The lesson is never hire freelancers.
Old 2013-07-13, 12:26   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If the anime went "Level 0! Saten-san and her bat!", then it would have been a good episode.
Unfortunately, it was a remake of the Toaru Index scene. Seen it before, seeing it again doesn't make it any more interesting than it originally was (or wasn't).

And so it continues next week...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:30   Link #90
paladinenvec

This episode was amazing, to tell you the truth i was not expecting that much about this season since it was expected to be a remake from the sisters arc in index not to mention that Railgun series as a whole is full of slice of life momments, anyway... i'm glad that i was wrong, it has been an enjoyable ride particularly this episode... i remember the index one was very well done, however this episode proved me that a "Deja-vú" or remake episode could be better than the original one it was awesome all the way, that scene when Touma was on the bridge with Mikoto was awesome all the way, it never felt boring, all the feeling were conveyed properly and the conversation between them was very well done that i felt a link between them, and the best part was when Mikoto was crying and Touma was conforting her... man that nearly made me cry it was awesomely portrayed.
Amazing Episode 11/10 IMO !!!.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:59   Link #91
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow... I think Misaka will hit Touma with her railgun??? but it seems like a simple huge bursting shockwave, eh?

well, I must agree that this one have more emotion than Index... seeing everything from Misaka's view really change how they handle this scene
Touma.... why are you so cool in this episode?
seeing a broken Mikoto is a painful feeling... I don't remember she's like this before
it's like Touma stole all spotlight from her in this episode...
go home Touma, you're drunk... you're belong to Index series

can't wait for next episode.... it's noted as my favorite arc and favorite episode in Index
should be better in Railgun
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:04   Link #92
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
go home Touma, you're drunk... you're belong to Index series
No, no, that's a different scene
Old 2013-07-13, 13:17   Link #93
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
No, no, that's a different scene
lol.....see what you did there. touma in drunk mode is far more overpowered even for accelerator

jokes aside

one word for this episode....

EPIC!!!!

i just can't say anything else..because it's already said by another how great this episode was.....
Old 2013-07-13, 13:43   Link #94
zibi88

anyway the music was a blast too... they did a great job to connect all those OSTs to make it look like its one.... and each gives a proper situation moment.... sad when they talk... it gets lauder the moment the fight was going to start... then calm again... it was great :P

I rewatched that bride scene more then 10times and it doesnt get boring ! ya can feel the emotions there its not just talk... you can just sit in misakas shoes to feel that
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:50   Link #95
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Take Kuroko for example. In season 1 she and her feeling for Mikoto was mostly comic relief and fanservice. In this arc her feeling are treated more seriously... she worried about her friend and thinking deeply over the moral dilemma should she respectfully wait for Mikota to tell her what wrong, or take initiative with the issue and possibly damage the trust between them?
How Kuroko was handled in season 1 was one of the biggest issues I had with it. I am so glad they seem be treating Kuroko with more depth compared to last season.

J.C. Staff can't receive enough praise with how they have handled Railgun S so far. If they can keep this direction and foresight for future Index and Railgun seasons we would be in for an amazing ride.

Having watched this with subbed, I'm still blown away with how well every piece of this episode was put together. Bring on the Accelerator Fight.
Old 2013-07-13, 14:35   Link #96
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I really enjoyed this episode. It brought a new level of emotional depth to the RailDex anime scene. J.C staff are truly doing the story justice this time around. I can't say its perfect though as I always want to see them to keep improving and giving us a better show.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 15:10   Link #97
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

You know... some things aren't meant to be analyzed. This episode is one of them. Yet anyway... I can't be analytical on something this emotional it's too good. It's too soon to comment
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 15:22   Link #98
waffler

omg misaka was so cute this episode
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 16:12   Link #99
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
The improved BGM for this remake of the scene from season 1 was spot on. 9/10 would have made a better impact if they shown Touma getting hammered by her last attack and seemingly killed by it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's just for poetic effect, don't read too much into it.

Its a set up for "The Strongest vs The Weakest".
well it actually makes sense since they scanner can't detect his power at all at level 0, which makes him the weakest level 0 in Academy City seeing how every other level 0 are to some extent, an esper and while their powers are miniscule, are measurable. Tsuchimikado for example, is a level 0, and his ability can close off broken blood vessels by covering it in a weak thin film membrane. So its not really setting up the Strongest vs. Weakest, its literally that by Academy City standards
Old 2013-07-13, 16:26   Link #100
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Railgun S is perfect in my opinion. I love it and though it could not get any better.

[mod edit: remove reaction video]

The music, the emotions and most of all the overall quality is mind-blowing. I teared up this episode. My poor Miko-chin.

Keep up the good job with Index 3 & Railgun3.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-14 at 22:27.
StaticLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sexism