Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-01, 23:24   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, guess I'll carry on alone here .

Honestly, not a bad episode. They built up Tsubasa through the episode. A lot of effort put forward. But it was also a good episode for Ellee herself. Easy for someone in her position to get annoying or not get a lot of development. But I felt like this really showed who she is. Even when Tsubasa tried to sacrifice himself she couldn't abandon him. He tried to save her, but she also tried to do the same. A pretty good Princess even at a really young age.

And it just feels like Tsubasa needed something like that. To have someone refuse utterly to give up on him. They could have given that role to anyone in the main cast. But giving it to Ellee let her character shine. Plus it sets up this "knight" role for Tsubasa pretty well.

Definitely a bit odd with the actual transformation itself. I think Sky's going to rule the transformation scene in this show pretty handily. But hey, at least the aerial tackle through the UFO was pretty satisfying. Part of me thinks using the duo finisher raises more questions than answers. What is the range of that finisher anyways? Did it actually need to drop low enough to get that aerial magical circle above it? Maybe.
Old 2023-04-03, 07:21   Link #22
Liddo-kun
is this so?

carry on soldier. Just kidding.

anyway, just to clarify. I don't hate this anime in general. It's just that the addition of a male cure, sort of turns this into a harem anime - a genre which I avoid these days.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-03, 15:27   Link #23
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
carry on soldier. Just kidding.

anyway, just to clarify. I don't hate this anime in general. It's just that the addition of a male cure, sort of turns this into a harem anime - a genre which I avoid these days.
So far Sora and Mashiro have shown more romantic chemistry with each other than Tsubasa.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-15, 23:34   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'd say if they are going to do anything it will be an awkward ship with Tsubasa and Ageha. And even that I'm not sure will actually get that much focus.

Certainly felt for Tsubasa here. Ageha was a difficult thing to deal with most of the episode. An awkward combination of being extremely forward and yet expecting him to kind of be a mind-reader. Plus could get him feeling a bit belittled at her constantly calling him boy instead of his actual name.

At least Ageha was handy in getting freed from a hostage situation. While a reckless move it was a good use of her thinking and energy.
Old 2023-05-13, 23:31   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Way to be useless Tsubasa. Takes one solid hit while on recon which apparently breaks his transformation and instead of at least standing guard properly...he just stands around so he can be knocked out later.

Though at least it provides the perfect excuse for the Precure to head back to Earth. If the parents weren't suffering and cursed then there might have been a harder choice to make. But with the Captain "gone" and the King/Queen out of action there isn't much reason to stay there.

Based on this I guess Shalala wasn't actually evil to start. Instead she'll probably go the route of getting turned evil while being captured by the enemy empire. That still works and provides a nice conflict down the road for Sora.

Tags
magical boy, magical girl, precure series