Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-15, 21:48   Link #201
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Well, I'm trying to. So if you have pointers to stuff I've missed that would answer my questions, I'd appreciate it.
NaweG, what is your goal? Sufficient understanding for yourself? Full replacement/substitute for a fansub? I mean, if you use an auto-translator, whether from text or (worse) from audio, at very best you'll get 50% of the concepts (probably much less), and have to guess at the rest. I'd suggest to you that, at that rate, you'd be better off just watching the raws and reading the blogs. No technology currently in existance can replace the years of experience needed to truly understand Japanese conversation -- nevermind converting it into English sentences that retain the meaning and nuance of the original dialog (and hold up to scrutiny, if distribution is something you're considering). There are also no easily accessible raws that include closed captioning streams; I'm not sure if the DVDs themselves contain closed-captioning streams either (and in any case, the first DVD doesn't ship 'till late February).

So, my recommendation to you is simple: approach the fansub groups currently involved and ask if they are in need of any help. Then, of course, help them out! If they say they need a translator, try to help them find a translator. (I'm sure there are many in the fansubbing community who'd be more than willing to do it for considerably less than $1200/hour of content.) In fact, if you have a qualified translator, many new options become available (a number of groups are willing to consider tackling projects at the request of the translator, and at the very least it's much easier to find the rest of the needed team members with a dedicated translator in place). If the group in question needs something other than scripts, then either learn the jobs and/or help find people who know them already (which isn't very hard to find at all). So, basically, my recommendation is to try working within the "system" first. Once all those options and avenues are exhausted, then you may need to reinvent the wheel. But it seems to me most logical to start with the group first, expand to the larger community second, and then try expanding beyond that; to start from the outside seems like an awful lot more work.

Sorry if this is way overkill for the question, but I just think it'd be great if the concerns were redirected to help the groups already working on it, because that'd kill two birds with one stone.
Old 2006-11-16, 15:35   Link #202
Kensuke

While waiting the episode 7 raw, I found this picture.

Spoiler for naughty episode 7 screenshot:
Old 2006-11-16, 15:56   Link #203
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Sorry if this is way overkill for the question, but I just think it'd be great if the concerns were redirected to help the groups already working on it, because that'd kill two birds with one stone.
Information is always a good thing

So, following up, do you know who I should contact (and how) to volunteer to help out with this? It appears the initial group is no longer working on this, and I don't know of any other groups that are planning to. I brought it up during an IRC conversation with the folks at Doremi last night (was checking to see if they needed any help with the Kasimasi OAV - but I gather they've got it covered), and was told they're too busy with what they already have. That and their main translator wasn't all that impressed with episode 1.

Anyway, I look forward to helping if I can.
Old 2006-11-16, 16:57   Link #204
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hey NaweG, which initial group are you refering to?. Apparetly, there are 2 groups that subbed ep.1 Indeed, not many group are looking into this series yet. I think someone will pick it up eventually. *prays*

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2006-11-16 at 17:30.
Old 2006-11-16, 17:20   Link #205
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post

oh...my...god...uber kawaiii!! the red glow completes the picture gimme ep 7 ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-16, 17:25   Link #206
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
hey NawG, which initial group are you refering to?
It's actually NaweG (which matters if you understand the origin, but probably not an issue here)...

I have done video editing with TMPGEnc, VideoReDo, and VirtualDub as well as Technical Editing of a couple books, and even technical writing a number of years ago (several books when Win95 first came out). Oh, and of course Audio Editing and Mixing with Audacity.

So, whichever group is planning to continue forward, and could use any or all of my skills, that's who I'd like to get in contact with.

TIA!
Old 2006-11-16, 19:42   Link #207
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, this very site, AnimeSuki, has a listing for this show; clicking the group names will reveal the IRC channels for two of the groups who released the first episode a few weeks ago. So why not start by asking those groups?

(And, given your experience, it sounds like you may be able to help as a quality checker or maybe an editor. With a bit more training/experience you could probably learn to be an encoder, but most encoders use some additional tools (like AviSynth in particular) to do their work.)
Old 2006-11-16, 20:47   Link #208
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:

I wonder how much Ayako wishes she were in that situation?
Old 2006-11-16, 22:23   Link #209
Kridsadar_s

I'm Thinking Mainly Trouble is......They not have Translator and now is project can't be request on [Shinsen-subs] be coz have 2 group with this project already T-T
Old 2006-11-16, 23:00   Link #210
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I dont think # of groups, well 2 groups might not matter. Take Death Note for example, already have 4 groups at beginning, but now theres 3, now thats alot.

Yea, probably with school and all, kinda hard to find someone to do it.

Wow, they're already at ep.7 -__-" im still at ep.1. Guess i'll read summaries on blogs and all that to catch up. Got alot of reading to go through than.

Btw, how u spell Beatrix? is it Beatrice or Beatrix?

One more thing, I dont think Kyou no Sora has a irc/website. However, I-Z & MahoMaho each individual has one.
Old 2006-11-16, 23:25   Link #211
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kridsadar_s View Post
I'm Thinking Mainly Trouble is......They not have Translator
Or you could go ask and instead of speculating.
Old 2006-11-17, 07:00   Link #212
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Btw, how u spell Beatrix? is it Beatrice or Beatrix?
It is beatrice I believe, Beatrix is the second name of Emelenzia, the grey haired loli that was first seen in episode 5.

Spoiler for short summary of episode 7:

Spoiler for episode 7 thoughts:
Old 2006-11-17, 07:21   Link #213
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:

Spoiler:

That said, i will get the episode summary up on my blog real soon for all the mamoru fans who can't watch raws X_X

Here you go! Episode 7 Summary + screenshots!

Last edited by Impz; 2006-11-17 at 08:23.
Old 2006-11-17, 18:09   Link #214
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep7 was really nice ^_^
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-17, 20:10   Link #215
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Completely random and somewhat offtopic question, since it struck me while I was watching the show:

What is Kikukawa's role? As in, what is his job called? For some reason I keep thinking "butler", but it doesn't quite seem to fit. Then again, maybe I just have a misconception of the average butler.
Old 2006-11-17, 20:47   Link #216
Scooty

Quick question....

New here, but where are you guys finding the raws??

I've got the first 3, with episode 1 subbed, but i can't find 4-7 anywhere.

Can ya share the wealth?
Old 2006-11-17, 20:50   Link #217
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Completely random and somewhat offtopic question, since it struck me while I was watching the show:

What is Kikukawa's role? As in, what is his job called? For some reason I keep thinking "butler", but it doesn't quite seem to fit. Then again, maybe I just have a misconception of the average butler.
I'm going to put this in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler for Kikukawa's role:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2006-11-17 at 20:51. Reason: fixed typo.
Old 2006-11-17, 23:33   Link #218
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooty View Post
Quick question....

New here, but where are you guys finding the raws??

I've got the first 3, with episode 1 subbed, but i can't find 4-7 anywhere.

Can ya share the wealth?
you might wanna try http://www.tokyotosho.com/.

Seems like they also have chinese subs, but i doubt they have alot of seeds.

Hey Impz, thanks for the blogs, it was satisfying to read it least now I know what happens and on....
Old 2006-11-19, 12:35   Link #219
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Ep. 7 is SO funny.

Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2006-11-22, 12:03   Link #220
Mentar
Banned

So Shouta, what's the deal? ... from fellow fansubber to fansubber?

Are you going to have time to continue your work on Megadere, or rather not?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs