AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-04-14, 12:15   Link #61
Velsy

ah this thread brings up some memories. About a year ago my brother pulled out Aladin and said lets watch this. We watched it and I had forgotten how dam funny genie was. I was laughing all the way thu. Aftwards we aggreed we still loved the oldies back in the day. They still have there amusment.

I watched alot of them when I was a kiddie. One that hasnt been mentioned comes to mind. All good doggies go to heaven. Loved that one as a kid.

To pull a handful of them out of a hat (Could be missing some). The ones I liked back in the day

Beauty and the Beast
Aladin
Lion King (was a very much favourit)
Little Mermaid (was content with this one, but the crab made it really funny)
Land be for time (only seen the first original)
Lady and the Tramp (vaguly remember it but I liked it as a kid)

Well honestly my list could go on, Its just trying to remember what I watched back in the days which may take brainstorming. Another one I remember but cant put a title to it was the family of mice who are being chased by the cats. the young mouse becomes a cowboy of the sort to fight back agaisnt the cats. Name eludes me.

Also to mention, sometimes Disney DO get the stories wrong. Example I've only seen bits and parts of the Disney Jungle book. One thing that annoys me is..... Tarzans parents WERE NOT KILLED by the tiger ! I know for a fact because I red the book when I was young. Tarzans parents were KILLED by the APE who leads the pack Tarzan grows up with.

The Tiger (cant remember its name) was just an encounter he has when hes older. That really bugged me about Disney version of the Jungle book.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 14:49   Link #62
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
ah this thread brings up some memories. About a year ago my brother pulled out Aladin and said lets watch this. We watched it and I had forgotten how dam funny genie was. I was laughing all the way thu. Aftwards we aggreed we still loved the oldies back in the day. They still have there amusment.

I watched alot of them when I was a kiddie. One that hasnt been mentioned comes to mind. All good doggies go to heaven. Loved that one as a kid.

To pull a handful of them out of a hat (Could be missing some). The ones I liked back in the day

Beauty and the Beast
Aladin
Lion King (was a very much favourit)
Little Mermaid (was content with this one, but the crab made it really funny)
Land be for time (only seen the first original)
Lady and the Tramp (vaguly remember it but I liked it as a kid)

Well honestly my list could go on, Its just trying to remember what I watched back in the days which may take brainstorming. Another one I remember but cant put a title to it was the family of mice who are being chased by the cats. the young mouse becomes a cowboy of the sort to fight back agaisnt the cats. Name eludes me.

Also to mention, sometimes Disney DO get the stories wrong. Example I've only seen bits and parts of the Disney Jungle book. One thing that annoys me is..... Tarzans parents WERE NOT KILLED by the tiger ! I know for a fact because I red the book when I was young. Tarzans parents were KILLED by the APE who leads the pack Tarzan grows up with.

The Tiger (cant remember its name) was just an encounter he has when hes older. That really bugged me about Disney version of the Jungle book.
This was mentioned previously, but Land Before Time is not, I repeat NOT, a Disney film. It was produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment.
Old 2009-04-14, 15:53   Link #63
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

All Dogs go to Heaven is also a Bluth film.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 05:09   Link #64
KimmyChan

Cinderella will always be another of my all-time favourite Disney animated fairytale classics

Even the two Cinderella movies after it are really enjoyable I think too
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 05:13   Link #65
james0246

@SeijiSensei/Bluth discussion: To tie this back into Disney, Bluth was the animation director for many of the 1970s Disney animated features. One of the best features he was in charge of is the criminally underappreciated film The Rescuers. True, the ambitious sequel The Rescuers Down Under is the better of the 2 films (for a variety of reasons), but the original was quite a bit different from the regular crap that Disney was making in the late 70s early 80s (they were entirely to fixiated on their schlocky teen movies to the point were the animation studio almost was cut out entirely from the Disney line-up).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 05:17   Link #66
KimmyChan

The Rescuers Down Under is another brilliant Disney classic

I actually enjoyed this one much more than what I did The Rescuers original
Old 2009-04-15, 07:23   Link #67
Nosauz

was fiveo a disney property? because I remember it to be in the disney style.

And I actually prefered the The rescuers orginial better because of all the nods to sherlock holmes.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 08:13   Link #68
KimmyChan

Talking of Sherlock Holmes, who remembers Basil The Great Mouse Detective?
Old 2009-04-15, 14:14   Link #69
Bballmvp4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
TGMD was the best ever. Nothing like a bunch of drunk rats in early disney movies.
Bballmvp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 16:21   Link #70
KimmyChan

And Professor Ratigan is just one of the best and most comical Disney Villains ever!!!
Old 2009-04-16, 04:37   Link #71
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The Great Mouse Detective was one of my favorites, as well. I deceive you not when I say I broke a VCR watching it and The Brave Little Toaster (which was not a Disney film but is still to this day one of my all-time favorite movies).
Old 2009-04-16, 05:00   Link #72
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
OMG, I love that and I remember there was this questionnaire freebie thing in the tape my dad bought. And Cinderella's awesome too.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:13   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
This was mentioned previously, but Land Before Time is not, I repeat NOT, a Disney film. It was produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment.
A bit suprised that Land Before Time was not from Disney.
Would have been my most favourite Disney movie, though I found out just now that it wasn't from them (Disney).

Disney movies that I've watched many years ago and enjoyed:

An American Tale
Dumbo
? (can't remember the title, it's about dogs that can fly if you stroke their heads enough)
? (one more but not sure if it's from Disney, it's not animated and it's about a boy that befriends a German Shepherd that he found in the forest)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-04-16 at 06:29.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:44   Link #74
KimmyChan

Dumbo, Pinocchio and Snow White may be 3 of the ultimate Disney classics out there, but they're not my favourites whatsoever, in fact, I actually can't stand them at all
Old 2009-04-16, 14:50   Link #75
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
My first movie in the cinema was 'The Lion King'. It's my favorit Disney movie up until now

I just love the old Disney movies. I count everything as 'old' where there's still singing and no CGI. The current Disney movies lack the esprit / epicness IMO. They're nice to watch but pretty much forgetable.

'Lady and the Tramp', 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Mulan', 'Cap and Capper' (that movie made me cry every fu***** time - trauma), etc etc are some of my favos, too.
I can't really recall all (or am to lazy to look up the original titles XD'), but I still have my VHS collection :3 I love to watch one or two when I'm sick, they always make me smile

I also have the reaaally classic ones like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Pinoccio etc I like those too but I like those starting with the Djungle Book just better The characters are more interesting or I don't know xD. They're the ones I grew up with.

I just know, that when I'll have kids, I'm gonna force them to watch all the old Disney movies XD

(I do lack all live action movies .. only have the animated ones.)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 16:51   Link #76
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
A bit suprised that Land Before Time was not from Disney.
Would have been my most favourite Disney movie, though I found out just now that it wasn't from them (Disney).

Disney movies that I've watched many years ago and enjoyed:

An American Tale
Dumbo
? (can't remember the title, it's about dogs that can fly if you stroke their heads enough)
? (one more but not sure if it's from Disney, it's not animated and it's about a boy that befriends a German Shepherd that he found in the forest)
If you were surprised that Land Before Time isn't a Disney feature, then you will be doubly suprised to find that 2 of your selections are also not Disney features .

An American Tale was made by Steven Spielberg's company Amblin (one of their first animated features before becoming strictly a television animation department).

And your fourth choice (entitled Far from Home) is a 20th Century Fox film.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 05:16   Link #77
KimmyChan

Another old Disney Classic is The Black Cauldron, but is quite under-rated
Old 2009-04-17, 06:29   Link #78
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If you were surprised that Land Before Time isn't a Disney feature, then you will be doubly suprised to find that 2 of your selections are also not Disney features .

An American Tale was made by Steven Spielberg's company Amblin (one of their first animated features before becoming strictly a television animation department).

And your fourth choice (entitled Far from Home) is a 20th Century Fox film.
A surprise indeed, I've always grouped american animated movies as all made by Disney.
Probably because I was so young when I watched them and did not have the interest/resources to do research back then.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-04-17 at 18:20.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 06:54   Link #79
KimmyChan

I've always known that Don Bluth animated movies aren't related at all to Disney animated movies

Although I can understand if some people do still get them muddled up at times though