AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-02, 07:42   Link #741
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Am I the only one who was kind of disappointed that Subaru didn't just start working at that place out of sheer force of instinct and habit? I think it would have been funnier than her paying back a debt, if she simply couldn't help herself when faced with a situation where there was butler-ing to be done.

The fetish crap is eye-roll-inducing, but Usami as a character is like a master class on how to write a tsundere. It's nothing new or special, but it's laser-precise, and expertly executed.

I would never hire Jirou to work for me. Did he ever even finish drying that one tray that he kept fondling throughout the whole episode?

I was heartbroken that they missed the opportunity to show ojou-sama slapping the manager around with a wad of cash like she did to the nurse. If anything in this series should have been a running gag, it's that. It should be used to explain away all the phenomenally cliche situations the characters get into: "How did we get here?" "Why do we have all this fetish gear?" "Why hasn't anyone noticed Subaru's bazooms?" The answer should always be a 1.7 second cut-away to Kanade administering a black eye to someone with her fat stacks.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 07:45   Link #742
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

Congratulations Jirou, for being able to do that and not get punched in the face afterwards.
that hand of his... is a very lucky hand, to say the least.

Quote:

What's Ako and Riko doing here?

Kureha-chan kawaii~

Tsun-Tsun Usagi-pyon~
well done, and to add to that:

Spoiler for lotsa GIFs:
Old 2011-09-02, 08:02   Link #743
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Anyone wanna take the challenge of making the most prevy avatar / and or signature from this show so far? >

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 08:53   Link #744
ookamigirl

Usami & Jirou working together in a maid cafe ^^ but Konoe & Jirou is the couple I'm rooting for!
While Konoe was being dragged to butler cafe ojou-sama was playing with Usami & Jirou at maid cafe ^^"
This was an interesting episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 08:54   Link #745
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
out of curiosity, why is Danny Choo well known in Japan? Even Nitroplus had an April Fool joke about his mascot Mirai, once.

Did they like his dancing Stormtrooper gig so much?
The web platform he made is used a lot by their websites and he does a lot of work with them. His company as well as him himself.

Nitropluses was an april fools, but now Mirai is actually going to be in Sonico. ^^
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 09:08   Link #746
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
P.S Light novels are games right? Trying to see if I could actually read them online like manga.
I believer you're thinking of Visual Novels...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 09:16   Link #747
AzureWrath

All hail Jirou! His undress + groping skills are unmatched. Other harem leads have much to learn xD.

Now I can't stop imagining him going "MUAHAHHAHAH ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN" when he is alone in his room.
Old 2011-09-02, 09:29   Link #748
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
All hail Jirou! His undress + groping skills are unmatched. Other harem leads have much to learn xD.

Now I can't stop imagining him going "MUAHAHHAHAH ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN" when he is alone in his room.
...I'm pretty sure that's like a standard skill set that they teach you at Harem School.
Old 2011-09-02, 09:30   Link #749
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I'm pretty sure that's like a standard skill set that they teach you at Harem School.
There's a school that teaches you how to be a harem lead? That's why they can churn out so many of them!

Jirou must've had very good grades then

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 09:36   Link #750
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
There's a school that teaches you how to be a harem lead? That's why they can churn out so many of them!
Not really, I heard you first have to pass a series of aptitude tests, then a physical examination, and finally an interview in front of a Board of instructors...

...I don't think it's for everybody, only the hand full of candidates that excel at being normal will graduate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Jirou must've had very good grades then
Ironically, they have a Bachelor's Degree... lol
Old 2011-09-02, 09:53   Link #751
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Episode 9

Congratulations Jirou, for being able to do that and not get punched in the face afterwards.
This is easy. First, unintentionally grab a chick boob(since you only need to grab one) near you and when you successfully do it then make yourself suddenly faint. Mission accomplished. No need to face the consequences lol
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 10:13   Link #752
Crackabad

damn, after these past few episodes, I'm really becoming a Usami fan...
too bad it doesn't look like its gonna turn out that way
Old 2011-09-02, 11:04   Link #753
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

This episode is just...too good Some comedies/jokes in it were kinda boring though, but those heartwarming scene covered all of that ;_;

and damn guys, I had just wanted to request usamin boobs pics but you guys beat me to it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 11:14   Link #754
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
This is easy. First, unintentionally grab a chick boob(since you only need to grab one) near you and when you successfully do it then make yourself suddenly faint. Mission accomplished. No need to face the consequences lol
Honestly, I was surprised--REALLY SURPRISED--that she didn't curb stomp him while he was unconscious.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 11:37   Link #755
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it was an okay ep. too prototypical of a tsundere though. also, in the grand scheme of things, she has no chance.

best part of this ep was the look back as Subaru walked out the door and the pained look in her eyes when she couldn't say what she wanted to.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 12:38   Link #756
Candyshark

Subaru is still best girl in the show since she doesn't try to fulfill prototypes as the rest of the cast. The only thing I regret it is not Suzutsuki who is building up a harem.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 12:42   Link #757
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I like the episodes more when it focuses less on Subaru.
I personally like it more when they give more screentime trolling by Kanade. Man, she makes this show go forward.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 14:39   Link #758
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 09

Ah, I loved this ep. Any ep with a lot of Usami has been more fun than putting-off. Back when ep 05 aired, I held out that hope that the best is still to come, and it keeps on coming! Truly the no-nonsense part about this ep was Kanade practically ruling the entire cafe, and pointing out the fetishes... I know I make no effort to hide my fetishes, and this ep hit home with a lot of it I DIED WHEN USAMI LIFTED HER SKIRT I know the subs were putting very simply, but when Narumi said fetishes is the first step to happiness, I'm living proof of that

Despite the random nature (at first) of the scenes, I really did enjoy it. Here we have Usami gradually changing into the girl who would break out of her friendless shell and interact with others more, and the (shocking!) part of this ep was Subaru quite literally being rejected

Next ep preview was fun, but I only have one thing to say: PLEASE LET KUREHA'S MOM SHOW UP with a speaking role

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Am I the only one who was kind of disappointed that Subaru didn't just start working at that place out of sheer force of instinct and habit?
Honestly, I feel that debt thing came out of nowhere. A scenario like you said would have aided the comedy factor, with having her stop with the sudden realization that "Ah! What am I doing here? I'm supposed to be looking for Ojousama!"

Quote:
The fetish crap is eye-roll-inducing, but Usami as a character is like a master class on how to write a tsundere. It's nothing new or special, but it's laser-precise, and expertly executed.
This was the best part about Usami. What was the general consensus here when she first showed up in ep 05? "Overly violent stereotypical tsundere"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Honestly, I was surprised--REALLY SURPRISED--that she didn't curb stomp him while he was unconscious.
Oh yeah, 4 weeks ago I declared to give her more time, and this ep was her time. Just once she inflicted a hit on Jirou, but that was at the start of the ep, and that was to get him to stop ogling. The best part was she didn't have to touch him, and instead threw that tray he happened to love so much this ep

And yeah, Kanade's money slap way back in ep 01 was a sure sign of more constant bribery throughout the rest of the series, instead we got little tid bits here and there with no actual money slap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Anyone wanna take the challenge of making the most prevy avatar / and or signature from this show so far? >
Hmmm.... I did have a sig, but I mysteriously removed it (wait...It's still there) How far can we go with this series? The manager's big ones in ep 09?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah, you know there's a factory out in the outer rim pumping out a clone army
Quote:
Ironically, they have a Bachelor's Degree... lol
Ha. Ha. Ha. What a snide shot at harem endings of the past decade

So guys, in case you don't hang around my blog, there's this delectable Kanade that should not be missed: nsfw
Spoiler for Kanade is the most popular character of Mayo Chiki!:
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 15:02   Link #759
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man, less Subaru screen time this ep. Well now they're best friends guess its a step in the right direction. Lol Suzutsuki taking over the cafe. Surprised Usami didn't beat Jirou up for what he did.
Old 2011-09-02, 15:04   Link #760
YuriEcchiGirl

This series looks pretty good from what I've seen & heard about it so far

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen