AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-12-09, 02:26   Link #5681
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

What the hell are you babbling again, Irenicus?
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-09, 02:59   Link #5682
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Celebrating the fact that this season is balls-out crazy entertaining, in every way, and that includes Manchester United's successful qualification for the Europa League tonight. Specifically, that there is a very real chance that all the finest English teams (and Tottenham), except Man City, may yet end up all playing for the glorious Europa League trophy.

On another note, I've never seen you happy with football. You keep calling everybody cunts and failures, and you're following Manchester-flipping-United, England's most decorated and the world's richest club. Louis van Gaal is a world class manager who made you the most successful defensive team in the league, while increasingly playing your young talents and building a really scary side. Daley Blind was one of your most consistent defenders and now a bad game against one of Germany's finest sides means he should be kicked to the curve. Like, shit happens. Players make mistakes, the manager gets the tactic wrong, and important games are lost. I get it if it's an outburst or two or twenty after some particularly terrible circumstances, but you gotta be happy following a team sometimes, man.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-09, 12:19   Link #5683
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

LVG is responsible for keeping the player motivated, their training, tactics, selections and most importantly, transfer windows.

I was never convinced that he was the right one for MUFC, and I always had my heart settled to see Klopp for United, alas we know how that turned out.

LVG did impress me in the 1st season, but his 2nd has been nothing but a disaster and especially with how Rooney has declined and he was stubborn with starting him despite it being obvious that Rooney has severely regressed.

Now we're short of ideas, lack of creativity and no attractive + attacking style of play. Frankly, it has been quite boring to watch the games this season and I have fallen asleep often while watching the team play. Only player that excites me is Martial, and for that I am thankful for LVG (and for keeping DDG) but he needs to prove he has the caliber challenge for the titles and champions league. His decisions for and in recent games has been baffling.
Old 2015-12-09, 15:12   Link #5684
Bri

LVG has United punching above its weight in the league by making them hard to beat, but in the current inflated transfer market they will probably have to spend another billion euro or so to catch up with the elite continental sides.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-09, 17:11   Link #5685
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
On another note, I've never seen you happy with football. You keep calling everybody cunts and failures, and you're following Manchester-flipping-United, England's most decorated and the world's richest club. Louis van Gaal is a world class manager who made you the most successful defensive team in the league, while increasingly playing your young talents and building a really scary side. Daley Blind was one of your most consistent defenders and now a bad game against one of Germany's finest sides means he should be kicked to the curve. Like, shit happens. Players make mistakes, the manager gets the tactic wrong, and important games are lost. I get it if it's an outburst or two or twenty after some particularly terrible circumstances, but you gotta be happy following a team sometimes, man.
I was happy of plenty for most of 15 seasons between 1998 and 2013 when SAF was there. Why? Because the fighting spirit he was asking of his team was going hand in hand with who I am as a person. Always aiming for gold no matter what and and keep on fighting 'til the end - that was a great life motto. Perhaps SAF didn't say it exactly in those words, but it was along those lines. I could pull out Yogi Berra's clasics, and that would mean the same thing.

If Louis van Gaal is a world class manager, then he wouldn't have lost his job with Bayern Munich in the circumstances we now know (Bayern on the edge of missing out the CL in the 2010-11 season). Furthermore, it is becoming very clear that his ideas are just simply outdated for the reality of modern football. And finally, it's a string of bad tactical decisions that pisses people off. As Se7enSword already pointed out, it's damn boring. Worse than that, there is no fighting spirit!

I care little about how Van Gaal play young talents when his approach clearly stifles everyone on top of the fact that he has not brought in enough players who can act as big brothers to the younger ones. Man, they are bloody afraid when they hit the pitch. Blind... he has been awful after he lost his starting spot to Phil Jones, and he keeps on showing why he is not a defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
LVG has United punching above its weight in the league by making them hard to beat, but in the current inflated transfer market they will probably have to spend another billion euro or so to catch up with the elite continental sides.
it might be so, but I would not trust that money into the hands of Van Gaal.
Old 2015-12-09, 22:55   Link #5686
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Kira, ifs funny how you loved it when LVG first took over for Moyes. At least Moyes got you guys to the knockout rounds..

also, woo. Arsenal.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 06:01   Link #5687
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Giroud...
He scores whenever he wants...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 16:54   Link #5688
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
it might be so, but I would not trust that money into the hands of Van Gaal.
No trainer should decide on transfers, that's the job of a director of football who can take a long term view. The age of managers like Ferguson and Wenger who both controlled transfers and held the head coaching position is drawing to a close.

A modern manager is now a passerby who should make the most of the current assets with tactics and training methods. They rarely last more then two to three years anyway.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 17:55   Link #5689
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well , other than the unfortunate case of MU. And Arsenal who had no choice but to finish behind Bayern. All other EPL teams seemed do well in Europe this season with City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool all finished top of their groups.

Don't know how many will get through the first knock-out stage through
Old 2015-12-12, 12:56   Link #5690
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

1-1

At least we finally scored, even though it was a scrappy goal. Hopefully our defense can tighten and we build some solid attacking plays.

Who am I kidding?
Old 2015-12-12, 13:59   Link #5691
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

This season is dead to me.
Old 2015-12-12, 18:39   Link #5692
abc0716

Watched the highlights of Bournemouth vs. MU.

That Olympic goal, I think this's first ever happened on PL....
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 04:34   Link #5693
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

And it's an Olimpico by Bournemouth against Manchester United, and they won!

I thought the best Premier League season in living memory couldn't get any better, and it did.
Old 2015-12-13, 12:31   Link #5694
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

top of the table until maybe tomorrow! wooooo

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-12-17, 15:47   Link #5695
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Jose Mourinho got sacked today. I don't know how much shit he stirred up inside Chelsea, but he paid the price for doing it without finding solutions to make the team win.
Old 2015-12-17, 21:48   Link #5696
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooo Arsène still needs his revenge.

Goddammit Mike Dean.
Old 2015-12-17, 23:28   Link #5697
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Noooo, Arsenal still haven't got 3 points from Chelsea this year...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 10:06   Link #5698
abc0716

Seems like Hiddink becomes the interim manager of Chelsea once again...

Their final league position will influence who's their next manager, certainly...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 11:14   Link #5699
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Here's hoping LVG's days are effectively numbered.

Another atrocious match...
Old 2015-12-19, 11:34   Link #5700
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

lolchester united.

jose probably thought he could get away with more than he actually could. agitated the hornet's nest a bit too much.

Tags
football, soccer