AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-22, 21:18   Link #421
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Hmm, you might be giving this anime too much credit.
I get that you don't like it, but nearly everything in that comment is just mild speculation and extrapolation on things characters in the show have actually said, with the exception of the part about "single creators" and Gunpuku. Any speculation on Gunpuku and Setsuna/Suicide Girl must necessarily operate on a critically small amount of information because we are on episode 3 and they haven't yet revealed much about the two largest enigmas in the show. I allow that there might be nuance here because the writer of Re:Creators is Rei Hiroe, and a theme in Black Lagoon is flawed people building places where they can live as who they are, so such nuance is not beyond him. As such, i don't think i am giving the show too much credit just yet.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 21:26   Link #422
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Hmm, you might be giving this anime too much credit.
That's funny coming from a person who, this far in episode 3, didn't notice that there was a girl who actually committed suicide even though that was the first major thing that happened in episode 1. To be honest, looking at your comments, I don't think you're in a place to criticize this show when subtle and obvious details, hints and references that the show presented just flew over your head .
Old 2017-04-22, 21:45   Link #423
nicky.
animesuki

I'm not trying to offend any person or any thing, I want a better understanding and to evaluate the quality of the show.

The "suicide scene" was really not executed well. I saw it 2 weeks ago (when it aired) and had no idea it even happened until today. It was too subtle for it's own good.. but maybe Japan has laws on broadcasting it or something; I don't know.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 21:51   Link #424
Key Board
Carbon

I feel this might be relevant to the current developments

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../AscendedFanon

As to how to get audience acknowledgement

Celestia being an anime character would need to have the information be revealed in anime formal. Maybe a movie?
seems to be the most expensive route

Meteora being a game characters would just need a DLC.
Budget required can vary depending on the size of the DLC and whether the game was AAA or not

I wonder how doujins interact with them

or shipping wars. We all know how intense shipping wars can get don't we?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 22:04   Link #425
Greenish Growth

I thought that when the illustrator needed more of an idea of how the magic would look that Meteora was going to demonstrate it, but she didn't. There would be no point for getting Selesia to try it if Meteora hadn't seen that it had worked for herself earlier.

Makagami (glove girl) looks more like a villain/alter-ego character than a main character. It's very rare to have an older person as a main character in a game/anime/novel so Blitz (gun guy) doesn't appear to be a main character either. You never know though.

EDIT:

There's going to be some interesting doujins based on the "Re: Creators" anime to be sure.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 22:11   Link #426
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I'm not trying to offend any person or any thing, I want a better understanding and to evaluate the quality of the show.
It doesn't give yourself a good impression of "someone who want to understand better" when you have no problem whatsoever jumping to bash this show for supposed "plot holes". And you also have been calling this anime as a mess, and other negative adjectives and pronouns in your past and previous comments in early episodes. That gesture is already a knock against your goodwill toward this show.
Old 2017-04-22, 22:20   Link #427
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
EDIT:

There's going to be some interesting doujins based on the "Re: Creators" anime to be sure.
It seems like Vogenassdfldfhhgt anime would be an interesting side anime. There was another anime that came from an anime showing that anime, so it is possible(can't remember the names for the life of me though =01). There hasn't been an Escaflowne-like anime since Break Blade(and that was short-lived =0( ).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 22:20   Link #428
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

The "suicide scene" was really not executed well. I saw it 2 weeks ago (when it aired) and had no idea it even happened until today. It was too subtle for it's own good.. but maybe Japan has laws on broadcasting it or something; I don't know.
uh, no. It was a pretty good implied scenario: a girl, an almost vacant station, a train, the security guards looking on, then a splash/thud sound if you're looking for it.

Plus, look at the OP: the girl in a sea of water, her glasses float away. Cut to a monochrome scene of Himegimi surrounded by skulls with her eyes closed - cue water washing over -> skulls turn to flowers, Himegimi open her eyes and then the scene gain color

Almost every forums I know of think that 1) the girl suicides and 2) there is a connection between her and MUP
Old 2017-04-22, 22:30   Link #429
nicky.
animesuki

Huh. Well, I must just be used to it being: If the anime isn't spelling it out for you, then it's not what you think. Too much anime these days thinks the audience is braindead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It doesn't give yourself a good impression of "someone who want to understand better" when you have no problem whatsoever jumping to bash this show for supposed "plot holes". And you also have been calling this anime as a mess, and other negative adjectives and pronouns in your past and previous comments in early episodes. That gesture is already a knock against your goodwill toward this show.
I get what you mean; I apologize.
I want to "better understand" why this show is good, since I don't think it is with how it is currently going.
Old 2017-04-22, 22:42   Link #430
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
So then they should be calling the people (fans) the "God", not the writers; since apparently the authors hold zero power at all, for some dumb reason.
What I'm trying to say is basically that the fans who really enjoy a creator's work give power literally and figuratively to the creator and their creations.

Power could be in the form of money from earnings or sales or even gratification knowly that thousands of people out their love their work which allows the creator to continue with his passion to fully flesh out and empower the characters and worlds that they created.

The the fans not only provide income to the creator and morale support, but their love and passion for the creator's work creates hype, excitement and maybe even strike an emotional cord with the audience. All these attachments, feelings and emotions may be fueling the creator's characters and worlds.

I mean almost everyone knows about the story of Cinderella or a Cinderella type story. The story lives or is alive to this day because of how everyone loves them no matter the era or age.
Old 2017-04-22, 22:49   Link #431
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
What I'm trying to say is basically that the fans who really enjoy a creator's work give power literally and figuratively to the creator and their creations.

Power could be in the form of money from earnings or sales or even gratification knowly that thousands of people out their love their work which allows the creator to continue with his passion to fully flesh and empower the characters and worlds that they created.

The the fans not only provide income to the creator and morale support, but their love and passion for the creator's work creates hype, excitement and maybe even strike an emotional cord with the audience. All these attachments, feelings and emotions may be fueling the creator's characters and worlds.
Ah, so the power is a metaphor in this anime?
Old 2017-04-22, 22:49   Link #432
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That suicide scene was executed well since the audience got that point across without being shown any splat in front of the screen. In fact, in many forums that I frequent, you're the only one who didn't notice the suicide after this far into the show .

Quote:
Huh. Well, I must just be used to it being: If the anime isn't spelling it out for you, then it's not what you think. Too much anime these days thinks the audience is braindead.
And yet you think the suicide in this anime was too subtle in your earlier comment above . Seriously, there's no pleasing you, is there?
Old 2017-04-22, 23:04   Link #433
nicky.
animesuki

Are you trying to say that I am "braindead"?

Anyway, I'm not asking for a splat on the screen.. just a frame of her falling on to the tracks just to be sure; it wouldn't have hurt.
Old 2017-04-22, 23:16   Link #434
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

This episode was mostly exposition but I enjoyed it. It's nice to see people in the show testing theories I've seen fans discussing.

Yuya is bit different than I was expecting; he's a punk, but not a thoughtless or one-dimensional one. Selesia and her creators relationship is pretty interesting.

I foresee despair in Meotora's future in that case though.

Speaking of her, going by the theories discussed this episode, perhaps the reason her restoration magic didn't work is because the fans of the game didn't really recognize that she could use it?

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not asking for a splat on the screen.. just a frame of her falling on to the tracks just to be sure; it wouldn't have hurt.
You're literally the only person I've heard of that didn't figure out it was suicide. It's pretty disingenuous of you to accuse anime of acting like viewers are braindead when you can't pick up obvious hints.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 23:16   Link #435
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Are you trying to say that I am "braindead"?
Well, among hundreds or thousands of audiences in the internet, you're the minority few (if not the only one) who didn't notice the suicide attempt until episode 3. What does that make you? I'll leave that judgement to you and the other readers of this thread .
Old 2017-04-22, 23:22   Link #436
nicky.
animesuki

It's hard to tell whether this show isn't for me, or it isn't impressive. Could someone do me a favor by mentioning some good points of the anime so we can discuss and learn together?

Please hold off on the insults, obelisk. You're not much help here.
Old 2017-04-22, 23:25   Link #437
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
It's hard to tell whether this show isn't for me, or it isn't impressive. Could someone do me a favor by mentioning some good points of the anime so we can discuss and learn together?
Try reading the thread: it's been mentioned quite a lot.

Old 2017-04-22, 23:29   Link #438
nicky.
animesuki

In my defense, I watched episode 1 in one go without ever revisting it or giving it a second thought until today, so perhaps that's why the suicide was not apparant to me. Hell, I even forget that opening scene at the train station even happened.

The anime brushed over it like it was no big deal + 2 weeks went by. Can't blame me for not picking up obvious (not that obvious honestly) "cues".
Old 2017-04-22, 23:31   Link #439
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The anime brushed over it like it was no big deal + 2 weeks went by. Can't blame me for not picking up obvious (not that obvious honestly) "cues".
Again, it was pretty obvious; you just didn't notice.

Old 2017-04-22, 23:33   Link #440
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
So then they should be calling the people (fans) the "God", not the writers; since apparently the authors hold zero power at all, for some dumb reason.
Err.....They.....do

World of the gods and all?

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning