AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-22, 03:14   Link #61
elroid

yeah, I hear rumor that the sword domain leader could possibly be the mc of the author's first novel. I didnt read it so im not sure either but isnt it supposed to be a MMORPG novel?

and yeah the demon emperor is from that extraterritorial demon clan
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 04:31   Link #62
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
I read MTL until chapter 1038. Soon to catch up with the RAW.

Mu Chen is now my most favorite Xianxia protagonist, even more than Meng Hao from ISSTH.

The major villains are actually many considering Mu Chen's background and various foreshadowings, but the most important of all is definitely the extraterritorial evil clan (or demon, or devil, the letter used seem to be "Mo" which usually translated to "devil", instead of "Yao" which usuually translated into "demon", but in Ze Tian Ji, Mo is demon). The demon emperor from WDQK has tie to this clan. They were definitely built up to be the final big bad.

Mu Chen also has a habit of trashing others 1 level beyond his, as well as leading super strong 1 realm beyond his to their demise by some means (cleverness and luck).

I wonder if the protagonist or main casts from the author's first novel (the one before BTTH) will make cameo. He seems to be the super strong equally to Xiao Yan and Lin Dong. His domain seems to be called Sword Domain.

@dniv
I don't understand what you meant by the major villains not being defeated until the end of the series. Do you want Mu Chen to beat the big bad in 1/4 of the series and spend 2/3 of the series making children or hanging out with his harem members? I don't think the theme when the hero defeated the demon lord before the start of the series has been done before in xianxia, it's not light novel after all.
Wow why is that i didnt read yet but for you to say he is above Meng Hao level is very bold because to me Meng is probably the best XianXia MC i ever saw his words are more powerfull than his swords and very rare for him to result into murder something common in Xiaxia.

Also how many people are inside the MC body because this autor loves to put alchemts or lamias in the bodys of his MCs.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:08   Link #63
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
Wow why is that i didnt read yet but for you to say he is above Meng Hao level is very bold because to me Meng is probably the best XianXia MC i ever saw his words are more powerfull than his swords and very rare for him to result into murder something common in Xiaxia.

Also how many people are inside the MC body because this autor loves to put alchemts or lamias in the bodys of his MCs.
Well, and why should I have to explain everything to you just because you like Meng Hao the best? It's preference, you know?

At least I have more positive opinions about romance in TGR compared with ISSTH. Er Gen sucks at wiriting romance and I found the protagonist's life to be kind of dull at the end.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:07   Link #64
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post

If you are only talking about the translated chapter, then i could agree, but i disagree if you have read the Raw, frankly, Meng Hao's morality is extremely questionable to me, he did both kill and steal, and try to reach the tribe wars arc, i drop it because i can't stand the MC any longer. The same things happen in his other work, Xian Ni, the MC kill and steal to the point that i started to feel disgusting towards them.

The thing about Tian Can Tu Dou work is, he rarely ever place emphasis in killing, and frankly, character development in TGR or WDQK making ISSTH or XN's MC look like some type of emo kid.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2015-11-23 at 07:26.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 15:55   Link #65
AKIKAN
Some Member

TGR is updated every two days at best, too slow compared to others WN.
In a year, 150 chapters or less should be released, which somehow doesn't sound right because it was started in July, 2013. maybe the author releases more frequently during holidays.
Old 2015-12-08, 21:44   Link #66
elroid

back then it was supposed to be daily release and very often to be multiple chapters in a day. starting from some time last year the author started to slow down his update pace and became more and more horrible this year...
Old 2016-04-19, 06:51   Link #67
Diysorra

is wn still on going? i try to read wiki and say that mu cheng is lou li boyfriend? it's just end up there?
Diysorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 13:30   Link #68
AKIKAN
Some Member

The novel is still on-going. The current chapters are ch 1190+ and it's about the time Mu Chen will go to Luo Li's clan now (which would be like 10+ chapters before he reach there at least).

Xiao Yan and Lin Dong met with Mu Chen in recent chapters before giving Mu Chen treasure to call for their help as reward for saving their dauther's live in Ancient Temple arc after they finished off the Swallowed Demon Emperor.
Old 2016-04-20, 13:16   Link #69
elroid

kinda feel like author has forgotten many things he wrote after so long. like the black paper that teaches Mu Chen the zhizunfashen. He was supposed to be seeking for it in the ancient temple but now he just evolves his one by defeating his rival that trains the similar thing. even though that was the end purpose for getting the black paper, but the paper seems to be completely forgotten already. back then it was like a very godly item with many OP functions like treasure sensing and super strong seal and seems to have more secrets, now it just fade out from story.
Old 2016-04-20, 13:51   Link #70
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
kinda feel like author has forgotten many things he wrote after so long. like the black paper that teaches Mu Chen the zhizunfashen. He was supposed to be seeking for it in the ancient temple but now he just evolves his one by defeating his rival that trains the similar thing. even though that was the end purpose for getting the black paper, but the paper seems to be completely forgotten already. back then it was like a very godly item with many OP functions like treasure sensing and super strong seal and seems to have more secrets, now it just fade out from story.
this also happened with the lotus he acquired in the divine beast continent and the giant staff, it's just kind of fade out. I'd say to wait for now in the case of the black paper and the giant staff, the white dragon sovereign gave him something which would lead him to his world eventually and the paper is seemingly related to the ancient clan so i'd still put some hope for them, they are too big as plot device for now among the things that fade out
Old 2016-04-20, 14:08   Link #71
elroid

well if author want to save trouble, he can cheat his way out by saying he already found 1 from the ancient palace, another from his rival he just killed. now only the last piece is the left on the ancient guardian clan.
Old 2016-04-20, 15:13   Link #72
AKIKAN
Some Member

I found the spiritual pulse to be completely ignored after Jia Xuan got owned. Mu Chen's god level spiritual pulse is of course the focus of the novel since his mother's clan want it back, but why is it never mentioned ever again despite numerous other geniuses in the new arcs?

BTW, has anyone read Tian Can Tu Dou's first web novel? The Chinese translation for the title is "Green Clothe Sword Saint", somehow weird. It seems like the MC, Liu Feng actually has a harem of beauties, not just 2 wives like BTTH and WDQK. It seems like he's also mentioned in TGR by Mu Chen's mother as one of the top sovereigns in the Great Thousand Worlds. Too bad no one translated it.

Last edited by AKIKAN; 2016-04-20 at 16:16. Reason: Green Clothe Sword Saint
Old 2016-04-20, 21:21   Link #73
dragon1412

Quote:
I found the spiritual pulse to be completely ignored after Jia Xuan got owned. Mu Chen's god level spiritual pulse is of course the focus of the novel since his mother's clan want it back, but why is it never mentioned ever again despite numerous other geniuses in the new arcs?

BTW, has anyone read Tian Can Tu Dou's first web novel? The Chinese translation for the title is "Green Clothe Sword Saint", somehow weird. It seems like the MC, Liu Feng actually has a harem of beauties, not just 2 wives like BTTH and WDQK. It seems like he's also mentioned in TGR by Mu Chen's mother as one of the top sovereigns in the Great Thousand Worlds. Too bad no one translated it.
Actually his god spirit pulse is the black tower. And using it effectively mean a giant mark for his clan to traced him out.

His 1st work is so so, if I remember correctly, it's name is something like"different word demon beast something......" The story is not bad, but only average at best
Old 2016-04-21, 02:18   Link #74
elroid

I think the pulse and the tower are 2 different thing. but maybe they have synergy with each other. and yeah right now mc stopped using them to avoid getting traced by his mother's clan.
Old 2016-04-26, 15:23   Link #75
AKIKAN
Some Member

How should we name "demon emperor" when the word used for it is "邪" (xié) that means "wicked" or "evil"? Well, I think the demn emperor's name for "demon" is actually "魔" (mó) but their race is "域外邪族" that means "extra-territerial evil clan".

It's quite difficult to translate the three most common Chinese words for "demonic being" such as "妖" (yāo), "魔" (mó) and "邪" (xié). Sometimes they're lumped in the same group, but sometimes they're differentiated, especially "yāo" and "mó". Yāo is normally demonic animal, while mó is demon, and xié is evil practioner.

"妖" (yāo) normally translated into "demon" in MTL, while "魔" (mó) is translated into "magic" and "邪" (xié) translated into "evil".

In "World of Cultivation", "Way of Choices" and "Demon's Diary", "妖魔" (yāomó) are two entirely different entities. With both allied against humans for "World of Cultivation" and "魔" (mó) being the common enemy for "妖" (yāo) and humans in "Way of Choices" and "Demon's Diary".

In "Limitless Sword God" (which I dropped because I got fed up with how the plot developped like the author came up randomly when he got high, what a waste of potentially good novel), there are "妖" (yāo), "魔" (mó) and "邪" (xié) as three related but different beings, with "魔" (mó) being the main ones.
Old 2016-04-29, 20:37   Link #76
Mechatrill

Quote:
How should we name "demon emperor" when the word used for it is "邪" (xié) that means "wicked" or "evil"? Well, I think the demn emperor's name for "demon" is actually "魔" (mó) but their race is "域外邪族" that means "extra-territerial evil clan".

It's quite difficult to translate the three most common Chinese words for "demonic being" such as "妖" (yāo), "魔" (mó) and "邪" (xié). Sometimes they're lumped in the same group, but sometimes they're differentiated, especially "yāo" and "mó". Yāo is normally demonic animal, while mó is demon, and xié is evil practioner.

"妖" (yāo) normally translated into "demon" in MTL, while "魔" (mó) is translated into "magic" and "邪" (xié) translated into "evil".

In "World of Cultivation", "Way of Choices" and "Demon's Diary", "妖魔" (yāomó) are two entirely different entities. With both allied against humans for "World of Cultivation" and "魔" (mó) being the common enemy for "妖" (yāo) and humans in "Way of Choices" and "Demon's Diary".

In "Limitless Sword God" (which I dropped because I got fed up with how the plot developped like the author came up randomly when he got high, what a waste of potentially good novel), there are "妖" (yāo), "魔" (mó) and "邪" (xié) as three related but different beings, with "魔" (mó) being the main ones.
A better translation for "妖" would be more in line around the Japanese concept of Youkai. In Xianxia, it would reference animals who have also cultivated to the point of gaining power and sapience, and even a human form. There really is no good way to translate it to English if you want to distinguish it from the tradition rpg demons...

"魔" is probably the easiest to directly translate into demon. Possibly magic depending on other characters coupled with it, but that's not all that relevant here.

"邪" can be translated as evil most of the time, but perhaps more accurate would be to say "perverted" in the non-sexual meaning. It generally describes things or actions that go against what is "correct" or "right".
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 06:03   Link #77
AKIKAN
Some Member

^^ I actually found "魔" as a race when it's "mozu" and magic when it's western magician setting. But sometimes "魔" also appear as something akin to "spiritual power", although we also has "ling" that means "spirit" and "lingqi" in the same novel. ^^

sigh

It's now about Luo Tribe. We finally see Luo Li again. But the author's writing pace is pathetically slow that it's killing me. I'm dying to see Mu Chen and Luo Li reunited again.

Good thing that now it's 1 ch/day update for almost a week now. Before it was 2-3 days for 1 chapter. What the hell was the author doing, writing so damn slow compared to his early pace when he started writing this? It was like 2-3 ch/day before!

Most authors keep their update pace at 2 ch/day. Only this guy keeps it 2 days/ch.

Spoiler for ch 1202:

Last edited by AKIKAN; 2016-05-03 at 07:57. Reason: They finally met!
Old 2016-06-25, 08:48   Link #78
mucnup

the great ruler Online Video Game Cinematic Trailer. Adapted from the manhua Da Zhu Zai ( The Great Ruler) <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvyJEOtCek
mucnup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 10:04   Link #79
pervypig

I lol at the name which literally translates to heavenly chrysalis potato.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 11:56   Link #80
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucnup View Post
the great ruler Online Video Game Cinematic Trailer. Adapted from the manhua Da Zhu Zai ( The Great Ruler) <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvyJEOtCek
okay, my opinion, Luo li is fine, the dragon eagle and 9 either bird from is cool as well, but both guys are too buffed up to my sense, Mu chen even in novel was always described as someone slender with small muscle here and there, but this is just a straight up macho.

Tags
op mc, web novel