AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-10-18, 00:28   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 921 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over! Spoiler info is out courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Shutenmaru". Splash is a color page.

-We learn that the Fire Festival is held yearly, and its purpose is to celebrate Kaidou as the king who protects Wano. On the day of the festival, shogun Orochi holds a parade whose destination is Onigashima, where he pays tribute to the Yonkou. The celebration also includes a banquet hosted by government officials and officers of the Hundred Beast pirates alike.

-Kinemon then draws a diagram depicting a fire, a two-winged island, and a crescent moon. The fire represents the festival, the island the bird of the Chinese zodiac (summary didn't specify, but it should be the rooster, (or phoenix in some versions)), and the moon the rebellion. The samurai then explains everyone's roles in the rebellion so far: Franky was able to obtain a diagram of Kaidou's estate after becoming an apprentice of the emperor's carpenter. Robin is getting closer to Orochi thanks to her geisha disguise. Kinemon thinks that Brooke's abilities will be helpful with the food supply situation, and considers Nami's weather-based techniques make her similar to a kunoichi. As for Sanji, his cooking will help gather people in order to find more recruits for their cause, and the Chopper/Carrot duo will meet with Inuarashi. Kinemon then provides everyone with disguises (Nami's being rather revealing to the pervy samurai's delight, who says it's how a kunoichi dresses ), and he concludes the meeting by specifying three powerful individuals he wishes to locate and recruit: Kamatsu (might not be the right spelling, but the name means "river pine"), Denjirou, and lastly, Ashura Douji, who was mentioned just last chapter.

-Meanwhile, back at Okobore Town, the fresh food Luffy brought for the villagers gets stolen by a group of powerful mountain bandits! The townsfolk are no match for them, and the bandit leader, Shutenmaru, tells them that they have no strong samurai to protect them. And without strong samurai.... the country is finished. Suddenly, at this point, another man makes his appearance: Jack the Drought! He came for Shutenmaru, but is looking for Luffy as well. The bandit boss says he knows nothing about the pirate, and soon, the two clash! As it turns out, Shutenmaru and Jack are roughly on par with each other, but Jack is slightly stronger! During their fight, the sky darkens.....

-Back to Luffy's group, Law tells the rubber man to look up at the sky. a gigantic dragon is up in the clouds, ordering Jack to bring those kids (most likely the Straw-Hats) to him. Law reveals that the dragon is none other than KAIDOU.....!!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-10-18 at 07:23.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 07:33   Link #2
marvelB

Updated with pics! Heh, figures that Shutenmaru would be a fat drunk (and yet is capable of going toe to toe against Jack....). Though, judging from his appearance, I wonder if he's actually Ashura Douji? He even somewhat resembles the silhouette from last chapter (not just in size, but even the hair). And damn, dragon Kaidou is basically an evil Shenron.....

BTW, another detail to note is that we're introduced to a kunoichi character this chapter, whose name is Shinobu. However, it's been pointed out that she's a chubby girl, so maybe that lessens her chance of being another clone, heh. Also, in one of the pics, Kinemon creates clothes by shouting "Fuku Fuku no Jutsu". Maybe Fuku Fuku is the name of his DF....?
Old 2018-10-18, 08:03   Link #3
Kirihara_R

The strongest beast huh? if its a devil fruit then we can assume that's another mythical beast type like marco or is it higher?..

So that's explain the artificial fruit which was eaten by momo back then ..
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 08:31   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I wonder if Sentomaru's origin from Wano. His clothes is similar to Japan's lore Kintaro. Finally Oda add a Dragon Ball which is Kaidou's Evil Shenron's form.

I wonder if there are dragon ball that can summon Shenron to fight Kaidou?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 12:34   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kinemon has good taste. Nami looks incredible. I want Robin to get one of his kunoichi outfits too!

I agree Kaidou's dragon DF is most likely a mythical one. Very curious about his abilities.
Old 2018-10-18, 13:24   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so how are they supposed to beat kaido again?
Old 2018-10-18, 16:54   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
so how are they supposed to beat kaido again?
The funny thing is, even Oda himself wasn't sure how Kaidou would be toppled, heh. I mean, he even said this in an interview a couple years back:

Quote:
- Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou.
Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."
^Maybe he has a better idea of how he'll be taken down now, though....

Also, in regards to Kaidou's fruit, I've seen some theories that the dragon is his original form, and he instead ate some humanoid-type Zoan, possible the Oni fruit. I suppose it's an interesting idea, since dragons were said to exist in the OP world outside of science and DFs (such as the one that was slain by Ryuma).....
Old 2018-10-18, 18:07   Link #8
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, in regards to Kaidou's fruit, I've seen some theories that the dragon is his original form, and he instead ate some humanoid-type Zoan, possible the Oni fruit. I suppose it's an interesting idea, since dragons were said to exist in the OP world outside of science and DFs (such as the one that was slain by Ryuma).....
I've seen this theory as well. In any case, Kaido is a confirmed zoan user as has been speculated for a long time. This dragon revelation also explains how he got to Sky Island.
Old 2018-10-18, 18:11   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That's an interesting idea, but Kaidou's human form, other than being huge which isn't all that weird in One Piece, looks entirely human save for the two horns. Even Chopper who has several forms can't turn into a human.

Furthermore, as mentioned earlier, this also explains how Ceasar, ultimately Kaidou's underling, was able to create a Dragon DF.
Old 2018-10-18, 19:45   Link #10
Rainbowman

Kaidou’s dragon form has to be without a doubt inspired by Shenron from the Dragonball series.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 20:45   Link #11
Ramero

I got a feeling that this could be a four-- five sided war. Luffy's group vs Kaidou vs Big Mom vs Marines vs Blackbeard Pirates. The problem is we haven't seen Marco since Nekomamushi meets him.

Kurohige may want to get a hand of Kaidou's DF furthermore we don't know how many Marines will assemble. Huge scale war like that will surely makes Marines to make a move. The war may not commence in two weeks but could be a day after.
Old 2018-10-19, 00:42   Link #12
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I got a feeling that this could be a four-- five sided war. Luffy's group vs Kaidou vs Big Mom vs Marines vs Blackbeard Pirates. The problem is we haven't seen Marco since Nekomamushi meets him.
We’ll see wether or not Oda will pull off a J.R.R. Tolkien with this Battle of the Five Armies.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 00:56   Link #13
charasu
DigiDestinied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Kaidou’s dragon form has to be without a doubt inspired by Shenron from the Dragonball series.
Nope, it's based eastern dragon, or Chinese dragon. Shenrong aslo based of this dragon. Considering early DB kinda like journey to the west.

----------

That's one hella baddass villian entry an eastren dragon.
Will there is wastern one? Considering vegapunk created man-made eastern dragon devil fruit and living western dragon @_@

Well anyway... time for waaaarr
Old 2018-10-19, 01:36   Link #14
marvelB

Huh, it turns out that Kinemon is married.... to the tea house lady, Otsuru! Rather surprising! And yet, Okiku is still crushing on him (maybe she wants to be his concubine or something? ). And man, that Shutenmaru is an asshat..... I still think he may be Ashura Douji, though. Like I said before, his hair and stature look pretty similar to the silhouette from last chapter, and he seems to imply that he survived Kaidou's initial onslaught from 20 years ago. And of course, there's his talk about there being a lack of strong leaderz for the samurai to follow.... these scream strong hints to me. And murderous bandit or not, a guy tough enough to take on one of Kaidou's strongest men has gotta make for a powerful ally, right?

Oh, and me first: SHINOBU FOR NAKAMA!
Old 2018-10-19, 02:34   Link #15
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I didn't expect Kaido to show up so fast, but it felt too easy-going anyway. I think they might actually have to retreat, or someone shows up to help. Shanks or Sabo & Crew ? Who knows.
Old 2018-10-19, 03:41   Link #16
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wonder if the dragon form is the reason why Kaido can't seem to die no matter what he tries? Also, jeezum crow these 4, well have to say 5 now, emperors. Luffy being the one with the most down to earth power, while the others are 1 Mythic Dragon Zoan, a Soul Paramecia, a Dual Darkness Logia Quake Paramecia, and Shanks being there like hey how's it going? Wow.
Old 2018-10-19, 03:42   Link #17
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I wonder if the dragon form is the reason why Kaido can't seem to die no matter what he tries?
Dragon scale makes sense. You need a diamond cutter rate for that and i think that's why Straw Hats needs Law to defeat Kaido. We don't know Haki's quality but if its equal to a dragon, i think it will be interesting. Hopefully Sabo can really make an attack that can toe to toe with a dragon.
Old 2018-10-19, 03:47   Link #18
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Dragon scale makes sense. You need a diamond cutter rate for that and i think that's why Straw Hats needs Law to defeat Kaido. We don't know Haki's quality but if its equal to a dragon, i think it will be interesting. Hopefully Sabo can really make an attack that can toe to toe with a dragon.
First thing's first, his mission in Mariejois has to be done before there's even a consideration of him re-appearing in Wano to help Luffy out. Personally I'm surprised people forgot that little detail^^;;.
Old 2018-10-19, 04:25   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh Kaido is here

and I am quite sure that someone is going to betray them... 9 samurai would not be on the same term after few years...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 06:29   Link #20
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
First thing's first, his mission in Mariejois has to be done before there's even a consideration of him re-appearing in Wano to help Luffy out. Personally I'm surprised people forgot that little detail^^;;.
I'm just saying that if Sabo's Haki turns out weaker than Kaidou's dragon scales then he's not well suitable to call such title of using dragon techniques. Unless Sabo can extend his Haki to where it can really punch through dragon scales it will be awesome. I doubt though revolutionaries will set out to defeat Yonko unless they possess a big threat to their operations.

Let's not forget that Zoro defeats dragon before but i'm not sure if the scales are like actual dragon.