AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-27, 22:53   Link #541
SamVision

Dropped this manga 15 chapters in, news of it ending is like news of a small tree withering and dying in a forest somewhere on the other side of the planet.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 04:07   Link #542
ImperialFlameGod8190

This manga would've been fascinating if it had been developed but it really never was even the side relationship got way more development its a let down frankly but its not surprising
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 04:39   Link #543
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Actually for me I could have dealt with the relationship not going much of anywhere if there were other parts of the manga had gone places.

They touched on possibilities ever so slightly, for example, in the anime OVA after the anime adaptation finished airing. THAT was a perfect example of where I was expecting the story to go because it hinted at so many things that were characteristic of the mangaka's other works.

Even so, the manga produced a very, very good anime adaptation proper, which was as a whole better than the source material (at least up to now). So we definitely have that to thank for the entire...erm...franchise(?) as a whole.

The mangaka is a good story teller too...but I have always been puzzled why he decided to take the route he has up to now. It is so out of place with his other works and...well...what I would think to be common sense. Yes, I know I am setting myself up by saying that, but even so...who wants to read a story where there is no movement? And not just in the relationship but in much of anything? :\

Maybe the final chapters will suddenly turn things around in a big way, and I would love to be totally proven wrong in my suspicions, but as things stand now....
Old 2014-08-28, 11:37   Link #544
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Even so, the manga produced a very, very good anime adaptation proper, which was as a whole better than the source material (at least up to now). So we definitely have that to thank for the entire...erm...franchise(?) as a whole.(
One would have thought(/hoped) the Anime would invigorate the author to try and
'capture' and hold as many new fans as possible
But he simply continued to let it simmer until most lost their flavor

Makes me wonder if he was just stretching it for the steady paycheck

This could have been such a great series, but alas,...
Old 2014-08-28, 17:59   Link #545
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The series definitely had a lot of potential, but it really did stall way too much.

Having more people find out about their relationship was a good start, but that "start" was far too late in the story itself. That kind of pace can be gotten away with in a weekly manga, as many examples have shown, but not with a monthly release like this.
Old 2014-08-29, 18:06   Link #546
Pat123

Well, it is a shame. It was a story with a great deal of potential. There were many unexplored arcs. I don't see this wrapping up in one chapter, unless it is 80-pages long, like Chapter 0. XD (Come to think of it, something like that happened in Mahoromatic).

Then again, Ranma 1/2 ran about as long without any progress between Ranma and Akane. Takahashi seemed to understand that issue and we saw real progress in Maison Ikkoku. But, her later works were also long without significant progress. I guess some manga are like that.

Nozo no Kanojo is unusual in that Urabe and Tsubaki made a lot of progress in developing an understanding of each other. I don't think Ranma and Akane ever got that far. The issue may be similar to that in Ranma in that the characters spent over seven years in high school. By holding the characters at the same age, the authors, in both cases, did not develop the relationships in the same way they would have if the characters had aged.

Well, I'm grateful for the story we got. I'm reading the manga in Japanese for practice. At the rate I'm going, it will be years before I get to the end. Maybe by then, Ueshiba will resurrect the series again. ^_^
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 23:28   Link #547
ellifeedn
Thinker

The manga has ended.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 00:47   Link #548
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
The manga has ended.
How ir ende?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 05:13   Link #549
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Just read the last chapter.

Is all I can say
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 15:26   Link #550
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Just read the last chapter.

Is all I can say
Gah...I just knew it would turn out like that.

Well on the positive side, now that it's over that's the last time anyone will feel that way .
Old 2014-09-26, 15:49   Link #551
SamVision

The ending was just as lame as he rest of the manga, nothing really happened. It could have ended 50 chapters ago and it wouldn't have made a difference.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 19:34   Link #552
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

The only thing making the last chapter a "finale" is because it's the final chapter

Again, nothing really happened that advances their relationship, and it could just as well be followed by another 92 chapters with such an open ending

I refer back to my first post I ever made in this thread
only this time, chapter 92 could just as well have been chapter 13

To wrap it up:

"A bloody waste of time"
Old 2014-10-06, 15:06   Link #553
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Never did find out what the 'other world' was

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 01:29   Link #554
Soraya21

Well, I was only ever reading this manga for Suwano, so I never cared about the main couple ending either way, and therefore had no expectations to be disappointed about .

Works: Final Fantasy IV, To Love-Ru Darkness, School Days, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 11:19   Link #555
Pat123

The last chapter was similar to the last Anime episode.

So many things that were not explored, but then again, so many that were. It was a strange, long, trip.

I suppose it had to end that way. Their first kiss would have been too dangerous to do on a public street and its implications would lead to far too much to handle in a single chapter.

Then again, maybe That phase would be better covered in a different venue.
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 11:39   Link #556
VooXoo

The ending was really bad, seems like it was axed after the anime blue-ray was distribuited and they decided it could'nt be milked more.
We never know what is the dream world, we never see the doppelganger idol again, we never see the girl family, we never understand why she knows so much things...
Very sad, and it started so good.
The guy avoiding the kiss was totally out of context and his last lines were just lame.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 13:55   Link #557
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

It just dawned on me what I consider the biggest failing of this series:
Nowhere did I get the idea they were in love with eachother
Old 2015-12-20, 11:47   Link #558
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
The only thing making the last chapter a "finale" is because it's the final chapter

Again, nothing really happened that advances their relationship, and it could just as well be followed by another 92 chapters with such an open ending

I refer back to my first post I ever made in this thread
only this time, chapter 92 could just as well have been chapter 13

To wrap it up:

"A bloody waste of time"
i gotta agree, i finally remembered about this series after so long and read the manga today, and damn it was a bad ending, didnt tell anyone about their relationship but 2 plp, sure a few have guessed but they mean nothing to the overall story, and then when they were about to kiss in the last chapter they pull this whole we dont have to do it in highschool bullshit...only in manga this cop out happens, so bad

trying to remember what happened in the last 3 volumes i read today.....nothing a bit of a love triangle that wasnt gonna go anywhere...a movie arc....and....end. No relationship development at all

Tags
romance, seinen