AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-20, 13:34   Link #421
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The manga made Caulifla not realize that Kale might have a hidden power. I don't like that. In the anime she realized it, right?
Old 2018-06-20, 14:48   Link #422
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The manga made Caulifla not realize that Kale might have a hidden power. I don't like that. In the anime she realized it, right?
Well yes, Kale demonstrated it in the anime before the tournament, whereas it has yet to be an issue in the manga. But come the next few chapters, I'm pretty sure it will, and that will not be a good thing.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 17:41   Link #423
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt the manga will have Kefla for a simple reason: nobody was aware of Kale's true power (unless stated otherwise in the chapter), so no reason to give the potaras to her and Caulifla.
I highly doubt that someone like Champa or Vados wouldnt have noticed at this point, if anything it just hasnt been outright stated, yet.

Kefla exists to fight the strongest fighters in the tournament, maybe the manga will even have a different take, like having her fighting Jiren, or Toppo or the rest of the pride troppers. Mind you, U6 is really really close to getting eliminated, so a last resort isnt out of question.
Old 2018-06-21, 07:25   Link #424
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I highly doubt that someone like Champa or Vados wouldnt have noticed at this point, if anything it just hasnt been outright stated, yet.

Kefla exists to fight the strongest fighters in the tournament, maybe the manga will even have a different take, like having her fighting Jiren, or Toppo or the rest of the pride troppers. Mind you, U6 is really really close to getting eliminated, so a last resort isnt out of question.

Really Really Close? they have more than most along with U7 who has the same amount.

Quote:
She likely doesn't need to as much since Kale isn't a wimp sissy in the manga and Caulifla prob knows shes strong just not SSJ. They can fix it with a "I knew you could do it!"
Old 2018-06-21, 10:43   Link #425
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Translation is out.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/drago...7/chapter/7623
Old 2018-06-21, 10:55   Link #426
Sixth
Hu Tao

Finally a good chapter. The pacing is perfect for once.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 11:32   Link #427
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Exactly, last few chapters kinda suuucked.
Old 2018-06-21, 18:07   Link #428
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the best chapter since the one about Frost. Not sure about making Kale this strong, but her characterization is definitely better here. Curious to see how they'll handle her next chapter.
Old 2018-06-21, 20:08   Link #429
Wandering Soul

Kale's characterization and reason for transforming here are a lot better than in the anime.
Old 2018-06-21, 22:40   Link #430
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Really Really Close? they have more than most along with U7 who has the same amount.
In absolute terms, losing almost half of their team, two of which were power houses, is a really big Hit (no pun intended!).
Old 2018-06-22, 11:40   Link #431
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Loved Frieza saying Saiyans have so many transformations he's losing track. He's one to talk!

On a completely different note, I was always disappointed the disqualification rule for killing an opponent never came into play in the anime, and Vados' words at the end made me think Kale just might kill someone and get disqualified. Frieza just so happened to remind us of that rule in the chapter too. I think it'd be a bit lame to get rid of such a powerful character this way though, but it would make sense.
Old 2018-06-22, 13:26   Link #432
DragonOsman
Dragon King

In the anime, the "no killing" rule was in place and no one broke it. Even Frieza mentioned it more than once and didn't kill anyone. Are you saying you were disappointed that no one tried to break that rule in the anime? The Trios de Dangers and some others wanted to break it IIRC; Jiren, for one, would've broken it if he wasn't stopped.

I agree with you about Frieza, though. He has some nerve saying that. That said, though, what does he mean Caulifla's stronger than any other Saiyan he's fought before? I'm pretty Goku's much stronger than her.
Old 2018-06-22, 18:36   Link #433
Blueknight78

ok

After read the last chapter i will be the one to disagree about "kale being better here" i still prefer kale in anime, cuz she is supposed to be shy and insecure of herself exactly like "broli" she is supposed to "pay homage" to broli and the way she is presented here i really don't feel it, another problem is since the manga skipped they "introduction" and how they learn to turn in SS it's make even more cheap here, since they suddenly can become SS like the kids.

About her "reason" it's pretty much a wally x barry who is the faster situation, where wally "was holding back because he liked his master and it make him hold back", well when it could look "beautfull it actually as a Fighter" sound very disrespectfull" to the person specially if she really like that much caulifla, cuz this means which she "see caulifla as a weakling" since she know she is strong or have potential to be strong than her but decide to hold back, specially in they situations where they universe lifes are at risk", one thing is "holding back for caution" with the enemies another is just being naive, i really don't liked that reason for the same reason i don't liked it in flash explanation.

about Frieza" comment about many transformations, he is being himself pretty hypocrite because he also do have "many transformations" he have the little horns one, the big allien like one, the regular true form, the super muscle true form and now golden, which means 5 forms which already a good ammount of "transformations.

overal the chapter look interesting i really don't hope it means which caulifla and kale and maybe caba as well will be ringout so fast.
Old 2018-06-22, 19:10   Link #434
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
In the anime, the "no killing" rule was in place and no one broke it. Even Frieza mentioned it more than once and didn't kill anyone. Are you saying you were disappointed that no one tried to break that rule in the anime? The Trios de Dangers and some others wanted to break it IIRC; Jiren, for one, would've broken it if he wasn't stopped.

I agree with you about Frieza, though. He has some nerve saying that. That said, though, what does he mean Caulifla's stronger than any other Saiyan he's fought before? I'm pretty Goku's much stronger than her.
Yes, I meant I was disappointed no one broke the rule, accidentally or not. It felt like something that was just waiting to happen.

The translation I read said that Caulifla is stronger than the first Super Saiyan he fought, so he was comparing her to SSJ Goku on Namek. It's not a stretch for her to be stronger than he was back then.
Old 2018-06-23, 07:42   Link #435
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, if it's not handled well, wouldn't it feel cheap if someone got disqualified for killing? It'd be a situation where the one who got killed ended up winning by default.

You might be right about it not being that much of a stretch for Caulifla to be stronger than SSJ Goku on Namek, though.
Old 2018-06-23, 18:03   Link #436
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
ok

After read the last chapter i will be the one to disagree about "kale being better here" i still prefer kale in anime, cuz she is supposed to be shy and insecure of herself exactly like "broli" she is supposed to "pay homage" to broli and the way she is presented here i really don't feel it, another problem is since the manga skipped they "introduction" and how they learn to turn in SS it's make even more cheap here, since they suddenly can become SS like the kids.

About her "reason" it's pretty much a wally x barry who is the faster situation, where wally "was holding back because he liked his master and it make him hold back", well when it could look "beautfull it actually as a Fighter" sound very disrespectfull" to the person specially if she really like that much caulifla, cuz this means which she "see caulifla as a weakling" since she know she is strong or have potential to be strong than her but decide to hold back, specially in they situations where they universe lifes are at risk", one thing is "holding back for caution" with the enemies another is just being naive, i really don't liked that reason for the same reason i don't liked it in flash explanation.

about Frieza" comment about many transformations, he is being himself pretty hypocrite because he also do have "many transformations" he have the little horns one, the big allien like one, the regular true form, the super muscle true form and now golden, which means 5 forms which already a good ammount of "transformations.

overal the chapter look interesting i really don't hope it means which caulifla and kale and maybe caba as well will be ringout so fast.
I don't think it's a bad thing that Toyotaro tried to make Kale different from the way she was depicted in the anime. Her going berserk because she got jealous of Goku in the anime was ridiculous. Going berserk because Caulifla is getting beaten up is much better.

You only need to look at Dragon Ball to find a similar situation: Trunks and Vegeta vs Cell, where Trunks was holding back his power because he didn't want his father to find out he was stronger than him. The main difference here is that Kale really is stronger, while Trunks was just ignorant.

And you forgot one transformation for Frieza: his second form where he looks like his father. Also, I wouldn't count the muscle final form as a different transformation, it's just him going full power.
Old 2018-06-25, 17:52   Link #437
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Ok just read the full chapter, and damn, Kale really is beast! If Kefla really happens then even UI Goku is going to have a really hard time.

I really prefer this version of her, they kept her insecurities but the trigger for the transformation was better executed, after all, rage is what fuels a Saiyan.
Old 2018-06-25, 19:32   Link #438
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think it's a bad thing that Toyotaro tried to make Kale different from the way she was depicted in the anime. Her going berserk because she got jealous of Goku in the anime was ridiculous. Going berserk because Caulifla is getting beaten up is much better.

You only need to look at Dragon Ball to find a similar situation: Trunks and Vegeta vs Cell, where Trunks was holding back his power because he didn't want his father to find out he was stronger than him. The main difference here is that Kale really is stronger, while Trunks was just ignorant.

And you forgot one transformation for Frieza: his second form where he looks like his father. Also, I wouldn't count the muscle final form as a different transformation, it's just him going full power.
to be fair it's not like her personality is really bad it's just like i really don't feel like "watching "broli" as i feel in the anime, if she not was really a broly "homage" then i could be totally fine with her manga personality, no problem toward it, it's just i really don't feel like she being a "broli".

and yeah i forget about that form too, frieza is a big crap guy because himself also have many transformations which also can make hard keep tracking it, i used it because the way they talk about it, it's really looks like "another form" like how friezaasked frost if him knews how to do that and how it can be bad due to cost too much stamina to hold, also trunks had something like that in the cell arc when he talked about the "muscle form" which was him going full power.

And again yea i forget about it, about trunks holding back for vegita, because it's really don't feel a good "excuse to hold yourself" for me, it never was also in the wally vs barry, at last from a warrior vision is not "holding back which you are display respect to someone, you are just making it's looks like him is "too weak".

well as i told i liked the action here looked much better and less rushed as i previous told and my only issue could be they being ringout here and now by frieza and goku which again could keep making the tournament here feel totally rushed and too downplayed compared with anime, while milking a arc can be bad, rushing it is also not the solution either.
Old 2018-06-26, 13:14   Link #439
Slayerx

Quote:
Eh, hard to say. IN the anime she did consider Kale her protegee, but it didn't seem like caulifla knew kale had some kind of hidden potential; she just seemed to have a lot of faith in her for some reason... In the anime, Kale didn't actually show anykind of hidden potnetial beyond her berserk super saiyan form; her level of power seemed to be relatively low.

Frankly, i think it ultimately adds more to the characters. Not only does it add more depth to Kale, but it actually does some favors for Cabba. To me, Cabba felt like something of a third wheel; he didn't really add anything to the trio and it really did feel like the only reason he was around was to add to vegeta's development. Here Cabba feels like he adds something... he's shown to be smarter and more observant and he's the voice of reason. It feels more like Caulfila, Cabba and Kale are a Trio, rather than Caulfla and Kale being a duo and Cabba being a tag along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
to be fair it's not like her personality is really bad it's just like i really don't feel like "watching "broli" as i feel in the anime, if she not was really a broly "homage" then i could be totally fine with her manga personality, no problem toward it, it's just i really don't feel like she being a "broli".
I feel like this version of Kale is basically an improvement over Broly. Broly wasn't really that good of a character. His base personality is unmemorable and dull, his back story is weak; he just had this coolness factor from being an overpowered berserker. Kale maintains the cool aspect of him, by being an overpowered beserker, but unlike Broly her character seems to have more depth and thought behind her. Adaptation isn't simply about copying what was done before, but also trying to improve upon it

Quote:
And again yea i forget about it, about trunks holding back for vegita, because it's really don't feel a good "excuse to hold yourself" for me, it never was also in the wally vs barry, at last from a warrior vision is not "holding back which you are display respect to someone, you are just making it's looks like him is "too weak".
Eh, maybe, but i think it works better for Kale and Caulifla because of the dynamic they share. Like Kale says, she felt like she owned everything to Caulifla, so she feels the only way she could thank her is by not upstaging her and making sure she stays on top. The last thing she would want to do is hurt her pride; and Caulifla does seem to care A LOT about her strength

Its a bit of a different situation to Wally and Barry. Barry had a very different personality and spent a lot of time teaching Wally. Wally should have known that Barry would not feel hurt by being bested by his student. So ya it does come off silly that Wally would think that way. Granted, how silly depends on how much real risks wally would take to maintain that illusion

I'd also say i believe it more from Kale than i did Trunks. For Kale, Caulifla is her hero/savior and supporting her hero basically comes before everything else to her; and ya, that fixation is so deep that it does come before the universe. The crazy things you do for the people you love. Its an old trope, but we've seen plenty of characters in fiction that would put their loves ones ahead of the rest of the world... It works better than Trunks and Vegeta, since Vegeta didn't really earn that kind of devotion from Trunks. Trunks willingly risking the earth just to maintain Vegeta's pride really does feel rather lame.

All in all, Kale's personality and her relationship with Caulifla makes the internal conflict feel more believable. Sure she's being a bit immature, but that's why we call these things character flaws. Its something to grow on... and that's where Cabba comes in to act as the voice of reason.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2018-06-26 at 13:36.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 18:05   Link #440
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've never really thought of Cabba has a third wheel because he never really stuck with the saiyan girls in the anime. He did his own thing and fought his own battles, although I only remember the one against Frieza. I actually hope they won't remain a trio, because he will probably be overshadowed by the girls eventually. His personality is just too bland, in both medium.

Tags
donkan mc