AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-06, 14:55   Link #41
Tiberium Wolf

10/10 for the art!
Love at 1st sight.
Old 2010-06-08, 12:41   Link #42
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Ch 11':
Old 2010-06-08, 16:36   Link #43
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well those bitchy girls did deserve that, but it will be interesting how she will be after the last events. Definitely looks like she isn't very mentally stable.
Old 2010-06-08, 16:50   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

As much as I love a good beat down like this one, I really found myself liking the part where she told Tachibana to shut up, no idea why but I find it very amusing

Seeing what the aftermath will be should be pretty interesting, hopefully it really develops their realtionship.
Old 2010-06-09, 02:36   Link #45
wingman32x

I loved this chapter. Normally I would feel put off when Ayatsuji goes into "mean" mode, but not this time. I loved how she verbally thrashed those bitches. That was so awesome.
Old 2010-06-09, 07:41   Link #46
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Geez, this chapter went by so fast (0.0). I had a big fat grin on my face when I say Aya's eye squint a little. That was hilarious ! Those girls didn't really seem so tough really, at least based on their facial expressions when Aya was talking to them.

Anyone know how is this serialized?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Definitely looks like she isn't very mentally stable.
Well, I HOPE she actually IS mentally unstable and does NOT have DID. The latter is used quite frequently in these types of stories, while the former is barely used at all.
Old 2010-06-09, 08:44   Link #47
Darknemo2000

Well maybe she has a personality disorder - the line after she finished tramping on bitches was "Alright - time's up. Thats enough." It as if she was giving a time for her evil side to deal with those girls.
Old 2010-06-09, 09:49   Link #48
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

A little split personality perhaps? That'll make the romance interesting.
Old 2010-06-09, 10:09   Link #49
Wrath88
Kissing...

Much more interesting than the Love Goes On one. Her offensive mode is quite a sight to behold
Old 2010-06-09, 10:11   Link #50
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Much more interesting than the Love Goes On one. Her offensive mode is quite a sight to behold
I like the swimsuits, so the other one is good too.
Old 2010-07-18, 04:09   Link #51
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Read it last night whole thing...Ayatsuji is now a favorite so now I have 2 girls that I like and 2 girls first impressions I like so total 4. Yeah last chapter she snapped but also collapsed after......question! Did Ayatsuji's nose bleed because it did or health issues or too much excitement?

I was also dissapointed of what might not have been revealed that was in the diary......what was so bad she would not be able to go to school?

Ayatsuji's is to be feared people! If she could be like Kotonoha in School Days...that I discovered about 1 week ago......dreadfully at episode 12..... Anyways 10/10 and Junichi is a lucky ********** let's leave it at that.
Old 2010-07-18, 14:03   Link #52
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Did Ayatsuji's nose bleed because it did or health issues or too much excitement?
I'm pretty sure it was "just" arousal in this case. After all, it was a very intense liplock

Addition: I hope that they scanlate chapter 12 soon. It's absolutely incredible, Ayatsuji totally pulverizes the moe meter. I'm speechless ^_^

Last edited by Mentar; 2010-07-18 at 15:56.
Old 2010-07-18, 16:52   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Addition: I hope that they scanlate chapter 12 soon. It's absolutely incredible, Ayatsuji totally pulverizes the moe meter. I'm speechless ^_^
I totally agree. I'd like to finish this before her arc in the adaptation comes about, so we're nicely prepared for it.
Old 2010-07-18, 19:31   Link #54
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm pretty sure it was "just" arousal in this case. After all, it was a very intense liplock

That's what I though it might have been.....excitement....but wow a girl having that effect...just wow. Not common since most of the time I see guys in the anime having that problem.

Ayatsuji is really the yandere if she wants to be....could it be Mentar or what would you qualify her as? I did like your analysis of Morishima.
Old 2010-07-18, 19:39   Link #55
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
lol even i do not nosebleed in extreme excitement maybe she bump into his face (well i know this is manga)

Ayatsuji is scary i hope she only snapped and not her true persona
Old 2010-07-19, 05:27   Link #56
Darknemo2000

Quote:
That's what I though it might have been.....excitement....but wow a girl having that effect...just wow. Not common since most of the time I see guys in the anime having that problem.

Ayatsuji is really the yandere if she wants to be....could it be Mentar or what would you qualify her as? I did like your analysis of Morishima.
She has a traits of tsundere too, specially when she is annoyed.
Old 2010-07-19, 06:50   Link #57
Wrath88
Kissing...

According to the doujins I've seen, she nosebleeds after 'that'. So most likely it's excitement.
Old 2010-07-19, 06:53   Link #58
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
According to the doujins I've seen, she nosebleeds after 'that'. So most likely it's excitement.
Yeah, and she dod that in the game - it is from excitement, no doubt.
Old 2010-07-19, 07:53   Link #59
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Update from tktranslate's site. Said they'd have the chapter out around mid-week.
Old 2010-07-19, 10:59   Link #60
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
O_o;

Characterizing Ayatsuji is exceptionally hard. She is very multifaceted, and we only know incomplete bits of her backstory, which is making things very difficult. Then again, that's why I'm more interested in her story than in the story of any other girl so far.

Okay, so here's my take. Disclaimer: I don't know her from the game, my only source of information are 11 scanlated and 1 (chinese) raw chapter. Alot of what I'm going to write is mere conjecture and "gut feeling". Whoever knows the game should please keep quiet or make an extra effort not to spoil, please.

Executive Summary: Manga and some people have called Ayatsuji two-faced. I think that's wrong. She wears at least three masks, and her "true" face has barely surfaced yet. The "true" Ayatsuji is very smart, but below genius-level. She has a considerable amount of empathy, and she can "read" other people and their dispositions very well, but she is suffering under a crippled social life. Her achilles heel is that she has led a terribly lonely life and is nearly completely isolated, in school and in her family. Therefore, she is playing two roles: The role of Ayatsuji the honor student, and the role of Black Ayatsuji the demon, to protect herself. The "true" Ayatsuji is a deeply scared and desperately lonely girl who is suffering under this charade and would love to end it, but who keeps on playing her other forms because she doesn't know what else to do. My gut feeling is that if she were to open up to Junichi to be betrayed by him later, she would rather become suicidal than vindictive towards Junichi. (Would be interesting to learn about the bad end of her path - if my hunch is right, it should be terribly tragic).

1) Ayatsuji the Honor Student is fake.

That's no big insight, we could see that directly. It's notable that she's wearing this mask perfectly, so she has all the social skills she'd need for healthy relationships. However, she obviously has no friends at all, and even worse: She obviously considers this form of self-inflicted isolation as "normal".

I have the strong suspicion that "Honor Student" Ayatsuji is a creation of her family's expectations of her: Probably her older sister (who outwardly seemed to be kind to her) is extremely successful and the family's pride, and Ayatsuji was neglected. She was forced to follow in her great older sister's footsteps, but didn't receive the same amout of love and attention, leading to a lingering resentment towards her. I believe this is why Ayatsuji doesn't want Junichi to talk to/about her: Junichi is HERS. She doesn't want to have to share his attention with her sister, too.

2) Black Ayatsuji the demon is fake, too.

How do we know? She fainted after she summoned Black Ayatsuji against the three bitches. Doing so requires her to exert energy. This isn't the way she really is, it's a defensive act she puts on when she has to. Against Junichi, she had to summon Black Ayatsuji to prevent her secret from being unmasked. She feels that if someone was able to see the "true" Ayatsuji, she couldn't go on, because it would be too embarrassing (I suspect that the "precious diary" is somehow detailing the "true", hidden Ayatsuji, so reading it = being unmasked = too embarrassing = catastrophe).

3) "Cat" Ayatsuji is getting closer to the truth, but is still also fake

With "Cat" Ayatsuji I describe the later flirty-teasy-playful Ayatsuji that we see during their "dating" chapters. This is her "rebel" face, when she is liberated from playing the honor student. Here, she's playful, teasy, a bit mean sometimes, dons her "perfect face" to mooch off extra meropan off a street vendor... gets irritated, shows her feelings, and likes to kiss her boyfriend. This is how she "should" be, how she "wants" to be, but it's still based on the assumption that she has Junichi under her control, bound by their sealed "contract". This is why she dares showing this "more genuine" side to him (and him only). It's not natural yet.

4) "Inner" Ayatsuji. What's really making her tick.

In her inner core, Ayatsuji is suffering from terrible loneliness. We can see this much in her tearful outbursts and her very truthful self-analysis in which she admits that she's at the same time very happy to have him - and be (3) - and scared of losing him, and with him the (3) life which she enjoys so much. It seems that her past must have been pretty traumatic, otherwise you don't isolate yourself so completely. Simply put, this girl needs a hug. Badly. She needs someone she can learn to rely on, someone to support her, and to take away the loneliness. So that she can stop going through the motions (playing the honor student) and concentrate on synchronizing who she is with who she wants to be in real life.

She is extremely terrified that other people might find out how she really is, to look behind her masks. I don't know why, hopefully the story will touch down on it later. With a bit of luck, Junichi will demonstrate to her that one can see her issues and STILL love her. That she could be accepted for who she truly is instead of accepting the person she merely PRETENDS to be. At the same time, he is taking on a biiiig responsibility. Should he forsake Ayatsuji after she decides to put some trust in him, the damage would be immense. I wouldn't be surprised if her bad ending culminated in her suicide.

tl;dr version: Ayatsuji needs a big big hug. Long, too. Once she gets into her head that people might learn to accept or even love her cat form (3), she might be able to release it permanently and get rid of the demons which haunt her current form (4). So Junichi, help her through her crises and give her alot of skinship. Help her recheck her priorities so that she can determine what's REALLY important to her, who she REALLY wants to be and what she REALLY wants to do. If you do that, you'll have saved a soul. And if you're lucky enough that Ayatsuji still wants you around after she migrated from (4) to (3), and you still like her, feel lucky to bag a very very interesting (and IMHO also exceptionally cute) GF.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, seinen