AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 00:22   Link #1821
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
How many felt something was weird with France's results?
France is the only country in Europe where the Wii U is popular. They've always had preferences that don't align well with their neighbors, so it's nothing new. Perhaps not surprising, anime is also a lot more popular in France than any other European country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is the Xbone doing way too bad, or the Ouya is actually doing well? I didn't think the Ouya would go smoothly, honestly.
It's neither. The Amazon Bestseller list uses an as-yet unknown algorithm of the sales/pre-orders within the last X hours to create its list. The reason why the Xbone was ahead on the video game list over the PS4 SKUs can be attributed to this quirk of the system. A better way to tell how well a product is actually doing would be to look at the yearly bestseller list.

The Xbone's poor performance is likely a result of the overwhelming majority of pre-order buyers having already placed their orders. However, it is a sign that the Xbone's resurgence is just a temporary blip as Microsoft's policy has not fully revived their fortunes as some people may have expected.
Old 2013-07-05, 11:58   Link #1822
Dextro
He Without a Title

Want some more wood for the fire? Here you go: Microsoft: Xbox One advertising will integrate with Kinect @ ArsTechnica

So yes, it is confirmed that the Kinect will be used to show you ads. Microsoft claims that the marketing folks don't have access to as much data as a game developer but they also claim that they hope to release this limitations in the future.

"It seems you're getting thirsty after all that Call of Duty. Wouldn't you like to have a nice, fresh, Mountain Dew?"
Old 2013-07-05, 12:02   Link #1823
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Want some more wood for the fire? Here you go: Microsoft: Xbox One advertising will integrate with Kinect @ ArsTechnica

So yes, it is confirmed that the Kinect will be used to show you ads. Microsoft claims that the marketing folks don't have access to as much data as a game developer but they also claim that they hope to release this limitations in the future.

"It seems you're getting thirsty after all that Call of Duty. Wouldn't you like to have a nice, fresh, Mountain Dew?"
Yeah, I think from now on the only thing I will buy from Microsoft is the affordable low tech laptops and Microsoft Office.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 12:09   Link #1824
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, Japan doesn't like the price of the Xbone either.

Although they did remind me that the PS4 is still at $399. The Xbone's price create a illusion that it appears cheaper, but it's still quite a hefty price to spend.

The best part is, as usual, belong to the comment section. There are guys who think Xbone price is at the right place.
Old 2013-07-05, 12:14   Link #1825
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

Imagine the potential for implying weight problems...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 12:37   Link #1826
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Well, Japan doesn't like the price of the Xbone either.

Although they did remind me that the PS4 is still at $399. The Xbone's price create a illusion that it appears cheaper, but it's still quite a hefty price to spend.

The best part is, as usual, belong to the comment section. There are guys who think Xbone price is at the right place.
The thing is that 399 is not an absurd amount for a new console. It's pretty high yes but still similar to what a PS2 cost at launch, or the original XBox:

source: Ars Technica
Old 2013-07-05, 12:46   Link #1827
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I know, it's just that people keep going on about how PS4 is really cheap, but in reality it's because of the Xbone that people are thinking the PS4 is cheap. It's an alright price for the launch release.
Old 2013-07-05, 12:50   Link #1828
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I know, it's just that people keep going on about how PS4 is really cheap, but in reality it's because of the Xbone that people are thinking the PS4 is cheap. It's an alright price for the launch release.
I have to agree with your statement, my MSI gaming laptop cost me 2000 dollars while the PS4 cost 400 dollars and Xbone 500. So while others may think the PS4 and Xbone is expensive, I think it is cheap.
Old 2013-07-05, 16:32   Link #1829
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The thing is that 399 is not an absurd amount for a new console. It's pretty high yes but still similar to what a PS2 cost at launch, or the original XBox:

What the Hell is a Neo Geo and a 3DO ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:34   Link #1830
Alchemist007
*Author

A really awesome console, but you wouldn't have heard of it :hipsterglasses:

Actually all I know about it is that some KOF games my friends love are exclusives for it.
Old 2013-07-05, 16:56   Link #1831
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What the Hell is a Neo Geo and a 3DO ?!
One, the Neo Geo, was basically an arcade machine for the home (you could literaly pick up a cartridge from some arcades and pop it into the system if I'm not mistaken). As you can probably guess it had some great games that came straight from the arcades (The King of Fighters, Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown) but the high price kept it out of the spotlight. In fact there's still a company that is trying to release a version of the system now (NEOGEO X Gold).

The other, the 3DO, was an insanely powerful machine with a price to match. As you can probably guess it didn't do so well in the marketplace.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:19   Link #1832
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

source: Ars Technica
Where is the Genesis v2?
Old 2013-07-05, 17:20   Link #1833
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Sega Genesis, below the Master System.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 17:28   Link #1834
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
^
Sega Genesis, below the Master System.
No I meant the upgraded Genesis, when I was a kid it was called Genesis v2. Checked online it is called Sega CD my bad.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:36   Link #1835
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Neo Geo was my favourite platform for fighting games back in the glorious days of Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown, Art of Fighting, World Heroes and King of Fighters. Back then, SF2 always felt like the lesser fighting game in comparison to what you can get on Neo Geo.

Not sure if arcades back then uses compatible cartridge or not but Neo Geo started as an arcade company and the console is basically their arcade system shrank down into a home console. Used to rent them at game shop for $3 usd per hour back in the early mid 90s which was still cheaper than putting quarters into an arcade machine.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:57   Link #1836
Dextro
He Without a Title

Arrow

Quote:
Where is the Genesis v2?
The chart doesn't list revisions so no psone, no ps2 slim, no wii mini and no genesis ii (I had one of those actually. Still works)
Old 2013-07-05, 18:18   Link #1837
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
The chart doesn't list revisions so no psone, no ps2 slim, no wii mini and no genesis ii (I had one of those actually. Still works)
You still have the Genesis 2, nice make you sure you keep it. In 10 more years, it is probably worth a lot of money.

You know I been thinking. Shouldn't the PS4 and Xbox 1 threads combine into one. It is becoming impossible to be discussing the Xbox 1 without discussing the PS4.
Old 2013-07-06, 01:05   Link #1838
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Maybe Canada is just a really strange place
I find that to be a bit harsh due to the fact that I'M Canadian!
Quote:
I have to agree with your statement, my MSI gaming laptop cost me 2000 dollars while the PS4 cost 400 dollars and Xbone 500. So while others may think the PS4 and Xbone is expensive, I think it is cheap.
I can relate to this since my new computer was close to $1800 while my PS4 pre order was $400. I suppose it depends on the willingness of the consumer willing to spend on something that's considered to be "pricey" by moral or financial standards.
Old 2013-07-06, 16:54   Link #1839
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Neo Geo was advanced for its time. More capable hardware than SNES and Genesis in the days they were king. But the cartridges were big. Not just literally (they were close to the size of VHS tapes), but they had a lot of memory relative to that time, and so, some games could cost $200 or $250(!). I think it only did well in Japan (only doing decently there). Neo Geo CD was released at some point and also didn't do well outside of Japan. Had 1x speed CD ROM drive, which was really slow for games.

3DO was like Sega Saturn and Playstation, only it released a couple or few years before them and retailed for like $699 or $799, which was especially a lot for 1992 or 1993. Panasonic was behind the 3DO.
Old 2013-07-08, 22:16   Link #1840
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Will XBox One release in Japan? Hmm...

Quote:
Microsoft may have to tweak the Xbox One's western focus before launching it in Japan, Microsoft Japan CEO Yasuyuki Higuchi told 4Gamer, translated by Edge. Consumers in Japan may not see a console as the hub of a living room, as many western consumers do, plus, Japanese players are turning to tablets and smartphones for gaming, Higuchi said.

Higuchi said Xbox One "is geared toward a western lifestyle, and we're looking at whether or not to launch it 'as is' in Japan. We're still figuring out how to deal with things like music and video services in each country. To be honest, [releasing it in Japan] as is would be difficult."

Xbox One can stream live sporting events such as basketball and football games, a US-centric feature that Microsoft will have to tailor for Japanese audiences, head of the Microsoft Japan Consumer and Partner Group Haruaki Kayama said.

"We have to prepare content that is relevant to Japan," Kayama said. "'What is the best, what will today's consumers in Japan respond to? What content is in demand?' We're considering these questions now. There's no point in a solution that does not match the market. Even if we bring NFL [on board for Japan], haha ... Japan is difficult. I'm almost tempted to ask for ideas."
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/mi...-be-difficult/