AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-09, 13:55   Link #2741
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
^Artists are really having fun considering the latest events, for example; this pic makes me lol so much XD

Now if only someone would do a picture like that with Emukae and Zenkichi.

(maybe with his middle school hairstyle)
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 18:09   Link #2742
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So this manga has taken a turn for the better, i take it?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 19:10   Link #2743
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
By the way, I still don't get the Love Rafflesia reference. Mind explaining that bit?
I'm not aware whether you're asking me that, but I'm don't what you mean exactly, sorry.

Btw, After Emukae escaped from Hitomi and was walking by herself, she was stuttering this:

Spoiler:

Soooo..... Zen, when will Emukae meet up with Medaka? I wonder whether their meeting would influence Medaka a bit.... she dislikes it when negatives are around Zen and now one them developed feelings for Zen... XD

Last edited by Lummie; 2010-08-09 at 19:23.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 21:53   Link #2744
Last Carpet

Quote:

Btw, After Emukae escaped from Hitomi and was walking by herself, she was stuttering this:

Spoiler:

Reminds me of Miyakonojou's rant when he first met Medaka.

"You weren't born for the sake of others"
"You were born specifically for me"

Is this foreshadowing something? Perhaps Zenkichi will turn evil for a few chapters like Medaka did? I can only hope.
Old 2010-08-09, 22:17   Link #2745
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Spoiler:

Soooo..... Zen, when will Emukae meet up with Medaka? I wonder whether their meeting would influence Medaka a bit.... she dislikes it when negatives are around Zen and now one them developed feelings for Zen... XD
Creepy, but just normal for this manga, ahahaha.

You know, I'm struck by a bit of Fridge Logic here. If Emukae decomposes stuff touched by her hands, how can she even get dressed? That suggests an 'off' switch, doesn't it?
Old 2010-08-09, 22:50   Link #2746
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Creepy, but just normal for this manga, ahahaha.

You know, I'm struck by a bit of Fridge Logic here. If Emukae decomposes stuff touched by her hands, how can she even get dressed? That suggests an 'off' switch, doesn't it?
I think she just controls the rate of decomposition, as noted earlier, to the point where it decays her clothes VERY slowly when she touches it - which is why Zen didn't lose his hand when he helped her up, IIRC. But given how Medaka acts when someone tries to kiss Zen... Emukae should provoke an interesting response. Perses-mode jealousy, perhaps?
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 00:00   Link #2747
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Would it stop at a kiss Haess? I've (guiltily) bought and listened to two of the three Yandere CDs out right now, and I'm thinking of all of the interesting things that could happen.
Old 2010-08-10, 00:40   Link #2748
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Myssa: Well, if Emukae tries to do ANYTHING... Perses-Mode Jealous Medaka could be rather... well, I always wanted to see a Yandere Emukae fight a yangire Medaka.
Old 2010-08-10, 01:40   Link #2749
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Well, Medaka never really reacted at all when Kikaijima was trying to kiss him. Heck, she even told him it didn't matter if he did it or not, just to find a better spot. Now, if it was Shiranui, who knows.
Old 2010-08-10, 04:17   Link #2750
ksho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I think she just controls the rate of decomposition, as noted earlier, to the point where it decays her clothes VERY slowly when she touches it - which is why Zen didn't lose his hand when he helped her up, IIRC. But given how Medaka acts when someone tries to kiss Zen... Emukae should provoke an interesting response. Perses-mode jealousy, perhaps?
Spoiler for Raw:
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 05:01   Link #2751
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post
Spoiler for Raw:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-10, 05:06   Link #2752
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Spoiler for Ahaha:

Haess: Doesn't Medaka already have someone to be jealous of, the sly-faced and heartless midget we know as Shiranui?

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2010-08-10 at 08:04.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 09:31   Link #2753
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Spoiler for Ahaha:

Haess: Doesn't Medaka already have someone to be jealous of, the sly-faced and heartless midget we know as Shiranui?
No, but Medaka looked pissed off when Kikaijijma tried to Medaka Zen in the council room. And given Shiranui seems to remind Zen of his mom, he seems less romantically interested than just able to handle her.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-14, 03:08   Link #2754
usspaul

if anyone was wondering the scanlations are out for 53-55
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 10:25   Link #2755
Wrath88
Kissing...

Yeah, just read through them. Who's gonna believe Kumagawa when he said he didn't do it, while holding one of the still-bloody weapons.
Old 2010-08-14, 13:02   Link #2756
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^Oh? So just because he is the only guy left standing, has a creepy face like Satan's spawn, and is covered in blood with one of the weapons used on the 13, we're going to jump to the conclusion that he was the one who did.

Honestly. j/k btw

Anyway, the only things that really interested me about these chapters were Oudo's past, Medaka's new look in P--Mars mode I guess, her ability finally being known (though I didn't really care for it) and Kumagawa showing up at long last after all that build up.

Other than that though, I didn't like how everything got resolved with Oudo vs. M.Medaka going into the anticlimactic route, the flask plan being put on hold like that (I did chuckle a bit when she told Akune to just destroy them lol) and I really wanted to see the Losers/Plus Six fight, and not have them treated as the measuring sticks for Kumagawa. I also didn't like how Naze all of the sudden seemed to abandon everything she believed in just to save Koga (it was a bit moving, but considering that she attempted to poison her own flesh and blood in the same chapter, seemed to be quite the leap).

But anyway, that's past us now (or was past us a long time now) so I guess I'll look forward. I do wonder where does Kumagawa fit into the flask plan and how come he wasn't part of the 13 since he took the majority of them that easily.

EDIT: Actually, I wanted to say a bit about Medaka's ''there is no perfect man'' vs. the Flask Plan speech.

I get what Nisioisin is trying to do having Medaka -the one closest to perfection- declare that no one can achieve it not even herself. It makes the statement appear more powerful by having one who is like her say it, but I was annoyed that she didn't give any actual reason for why she believes perfection is unachievable for humans. She just dismisses the whole thing because she already declared it impossible without any proof, even though ''The End'' elevates her into the realms of Godhood/Beast-hood. I can understand why Koga wanted to beat the crap out of her at that moment, as even though they offered to change things to accommodate her, she still remained stubborn about what she thought.

And that's the part that really annoys me about how this arc ended. Medaka gave the reason for why the Flask Plan was ''wrong'' but that reason amounts to that she didn't like how they were trying to make everyone's life better.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-08-14 at 14:02.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 18:53   Link #2757
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
what's up with this kumagawa kid, all smiling and stuff lolz. "It isn't my fault???"
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 09:14   Link #2758
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

We don't know. Aside from the fact that he was there at the hospital on the same day Medaka met Zenkichi, and was the only one that Medaka wasn't able to 'save', there's very little concrete info about him (aside from his obvious sociopathy). My bet though is that Zen's mom knows quite a bit about him.
Old 2010-08-16, 14:13   Link #2759
Last Carpet

I just re-read ch62, I didn't realize how many people were already in Class -13.

BTW

Has anyone found out what Mr Invisible's name is?

Last edited by Last Carpet; 2010-08-17 at 15:29.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:31   Link #2760
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Has anyone found out what Mr Invisible's name is?
On the last page of chap 61 when Kumagawa says:

えーて
And

だれ?
Who're you?

He responds with:

元英雄
Moto Eiyuu

That's what he's says during his introduction. However 英雄 [Eiyuu] also holds the meaning of hero so i'm not really sure >.<"
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council