AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-07, 00:29   Link #181
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I just hope bamco won't announce an updated version before I finish playing so I can still sell my copy for a high price . Anyway, 2 more days before my copy is shipped, probably 2 more weeks before I can play this game :yay:
Then I'm guessing two more years after that for the rest of us
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 08:51   Link #182
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, look at the bright sight. If you're lucky, Bamco will translate the updated version along with some freebies DLC so you won't waste money twice to play the "complete" version of the game unlike us who play the Japanese version (thrice if you buy the launch date DLCs) :P.

But really, I never heard of DLCs that cost the same as the game itself coming out on the day of the game launch beside Bamco game's one ><.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 09:22   Link #183
Excorsism

Been avoiding anything Tales related in fear of being spoiled, oh gosh .

Here's hoping my PS3 edition comes by next week, .
Old 2011-09-07, 09:55   Link #184
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The opening for both Jude and Milla is already flowing about on the net. It looks gorgeous, although some of Milla's moving animation look awkward. I'll save my judgment till I look at it through my HD TV though :P. Anyway, which side are you guys going to play first? I think I'm going with Jude first.
Old 2011-09-07, 10:11   Link #185
GDB

Quote:
I just hope bamco won't announce an updated version before I finish playing so I can still sell my copy for a high price . Anyway, 2 more days before my copy is shipped, probably 2 more weeks before I can play this game :yay:
I don't see this being a "beta" version. They know their audience is on the PS3, and I don't see them having two versions of the same game on the same system. It'd be foolhardy to release it to another system afterward for that same reason.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 19:32   Link #186
Excorsism

Quote:
The opening for both Jude and Milla is already flowing about on the net. It looks gorgeous, although some of Milla's moving animation look awkward. I'll save my judgment till I look at it through my HD TV though :P. Anyway, which side are you guys going to play first? I think I'm going with Jude first.
Jude first! Oh god, one more week!
Old 2011-09-07, 19:55   Link #187
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't see this being a "beta" version. They know their audience is on the PS3, and I don't see them having two versions of the same game on the same system. It'd be foolhardy to release it to another system afterward for that same reason.
You definitely forget about ToD remake and ToD: DC on Ps2 then. Two remake of the same game on the same system only on a span of 1 year. Yeah, Bamco is that much of moneygrubber nowadays. In fact, i think almost all main tales games that's not in DS has been updated, in a different system or the same.
Old 2011-09-08, 03:03   Link #188
com_gwp

Quote:
Japanese love their rereleases with added content, I doubt Xillia will be any different just because it's on the ps3. And us English speakers will never get them (Well, Graces F was a rare exception)
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:29   Link #189
GDB

Quote:
You definitely forget about ToD remake and ToD: DC on Ps2 then. Two remake of the same game on the same system only on a span of 1 year. Yeah, Bamco is that much of moneygrubber nowadays. In fact, i think almost all main tales games that's not in DS has been updated, in a different system or the same.
Little over a year, but point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
And us English speakers will never get them (Well, Graces F was a rare exception)
Depends. If it takes as long to get here as Abyss or Graces did, we might get any extended version available.
Old 2011-09-09, 01:58   Link #190
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Dammit Bamco, u can forget everything else as long you localize this, damn.
Old 2011-09-09, 03:44   Link #191
Westlo
Lets be reality

If we get an updated version of this game it will probably be for the Vita, won't happen for a while anyway and it's not like the original Vesperia and Graces were half assed games in the first place. The tales fans wanting Versperia PS3 over Graces F are nuts....

Anyway Namco have shipped over 500,000 copies of this game in Japan, they were originally targeting 400,000. There's no doubt now whatsoever where the Tales fanbase resides.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 07:01   Link #192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If we get an updated version of this game it will probably be for the Vita, won't happen for a while anyway and it's not like the original Vesperia and Graces were half assed games in the first place. The tales fans wanting Versperia PS3 over Graces F are nuts....
At this point I've completely gotten over Vesperia PS3 already, I'm now waiting for any other English Tales game that isn't on the PSP or Wii -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 07:17   Link #193
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Half the animation budget were clearly spent on Milla's hair.

Money well-spent. :3

Though kinda disappointed that the animated scene of
Spoiler:
was an OP scene instead of in-game...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 22:22   Link #194
Westlo
Lets be reality

Xillia sold 274,000 copies the first day, Namco has shipped another 100,000 copies for the second day in addition to the 500,000 they shipped already. Only 8 titles for the PS3 has sold over 500,000 copies in Japan, soon it will be 9.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 23:03   Link #195
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If we get an updated version of this game it will probably be for the Vita, won't happen for a while anyway and it's not like the original Vesperia and Graces were half assed games in the first place. The tales fans wanting Versperia PS3 over Graces F are nuts.....
I've been playing the PS3 Vesperia lately, and gotta say it's quite good. Based on the comparison to the 360 transcript (which I'm using as a story guide), this version is definitely leagues better. Worth bitching for years about and trying to deny a completely new game? Definitely not. Those people are surely nuts.
Old 2011-09-10, 01:05   Link #196
com_gwp

Quote:
Worth bitching for years about and trying to deny a completely new game? Definitely not. Those people are surely nuts.
Well until recently I was like that as well, and that's because I never had a 360 to play vesperia. I assume most of these people were in the same boat who never had a chance to try vesperia, so I understand their frustration for it not coming to the PS3. That said, I agree with you that they really shouldn't deny graces and just take what they have
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 09:56   Link #197
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Well until recently I was like that as well, and that's because I never had a 360 to play vesperia. I assume most of these people were in the same boat who never had a chance to try vesperia, so I understand their frustration for it not coming to the PS3. That said, I agree with you that they really shouldn't deny graces and just take what they have
I'm one of those people who doesn't have a xbox but a ps3 and that's why I was so mad at not getting Vesperia for ps3.
But I'm glad that at least the USA gets Graces f so I can import it. I bet Europe/Germany will take ages until it's released here
Though I would love to play Vesperia I want Tales of Xillia more.
So if I have to decide, I'll take Xillia xD
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 10:36   Link #198
GDB

I don't have a 360 either, that's why I imported it. There's enough resources out there to understand 70-80% of the story/dialogue. It'd be a fine release after Graces and Xillia, assuming they get them out in a timely enough fashion that another new Tales isn't out.
Old 2011-09-10, 10:44   Link #199
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
I don't have a 360 either, that's why I imported it. There's enough resources out there to understand 70-80% of the story/dialogue. It'd be a fine release after Graces and Xillia, assuming they get them out in a timely enough fashion that another new Tales isn't out.
Playing "blindly" is sucked though
Damn, I need to learn basic japanese so I'm at least can read the inventory and know to where to in playing japanese game.
Old 2011-09-10, 10:56   Link #200
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So how do we use the product code that comes with the game for the special content? (PS3 custom themes, Jude and Mila's bonus cotumes, etc.)