AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-11, 23:28   Link #21
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Chie is quite blatant in her feelings for Aoi, in my opinion, walking around with a rose for about 7 episodes and then giving it to Aoi, claiming to be on a date with her, et cetera. Point made. But is it returned? I'm sure Aoi knows of Chie's feelings for her, but she doesn't reject them or comment.
Hmmm...no offence here but are u guys thinking too much?
From what i interpret, Chie is trying to be a casanova and nothing more.

See? Chie is just a character who likes to hold roses and tease cute girls.
I don't see that this is an act of being a lesbian or having feelings for Aoi.

Feelings for Aoi? Yes, friendship.
Its really common for 2 goodfriends to say "I'll be always here for you whenever you need help."

And as for Aoi, she knows obviously that Chie likes to be "casanova".

So from what i interpret, their feelings in MO are same back from MH.
Really good friends and nothing more...

P.S. Not all interaction between girls in an anime full of shoujo, means that they like each other.

zomg i'm soooooo off-topic. sorry. (>.<)
Old 2006-02-11, 23:57   Link #22
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficientX
Hmmm...no offence here but are u guys thinking too much?
From what i interpret, Chie is trying to be a casanova and nothing more.

See? Chie is just a character who likes to hold roses and tease cute girls.
I don't see that this is an act of being a lesbian or having feelings for Aoi.

Feelings for Aoi? Yes, friendship.
Its really common for 2 goodfriends to say "I'll be always here for you whenever you need help."

And as for Aoi, she knows obviously that Chie likes to be "casanova".

So from what i interpret, their feelings in MO are same back from MH.
Really good friends and nothing more...

P.S. Not all interaction between girls in an anime full of shoujo, means that they like each other.

zomg i'm soooooo off-topic. sorry. (>.<)
For MH Chie and Aoi, I believe the DVD extra. If you believe that too, then they can't be just friends, unless you have a habit of sleeping with people who are just friends to you.

As for MO Chie and Aoi, I don't know. I kind of get a feelings that they just went more than friends shortly before they went on that "date." What would they be doing at such hour of the day and kind of dark place? But it was too short to develop into anything before Aoi got killed. I take it that they are either good friends or just got serious. It is Hard to say.
Old 2006-02-12, 00:39   Link #23
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
For MH Chie and Aoi, I believe the DVD extra. If you believe that too, then they can't be just friends, unless you have a habit of sleeping with people who are just friends to you.
Friends that are female tend to experiment on the sexuality. Chie and Aoi don't seem too proud about what they did if you considered the line "Let's never speak of this again."

Although, that won't affect the Chie and Aoi in our minds. Maybe throw in Mai.
Old 2006-02-12, 00:55   Link #24
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Mai, Chie and Aoi.... oh be still my beating heart... I can see Yuuichi and Reito trying to get a vid of that...and Shizuru as well. ^^;;; JUST for educational purposes mind you.

Anyway, specing on these two is rather hard dute to lack of info - I suppose we'll have to wait for later eps to see how badly Chie reacts to the news of Aoi's 'death'. Chie's a pretty smart, level-headed girl - if she goes ballistic - then Aoi meant a lot to her. That and she wasn't around to save her would weigh on her tremendously.
Old 2006-02-12, 01:00   Link #25
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Huh?
Since when they are sleeping together lol?
Ain't that DVD extra about the 2 of them showing off their boobies?
Wait a minute, i'm talking about DVD special 3.
Is there an extra about 2 of them?
*super confused*
Old 2006-02-12, 01:15   Link #26
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Oh well, i just rewatched that DVD special.

To me, Aoi & Chie are only showing off the size of their boobies and nothing more. (-.-")
And I don't think the captions mean much.

Throughout the whole anime, they don't even have any body language suggesting that they are anything more than friends.
I mean look at Shizuru at least. The way she looks at Natsuki is different.

Oh well, everybody has their own interpretations.
Perhaps i'm too innocent-minded.
Old 2006-02-12, 04:52   Link #27
Oberon

On the matter of Aoi<->Chie in MO, I always took the blue rose (blue = aoi) Chie was constantly carrying around and showing off whenever possible as a pretty big hint that there's a deeper connection between her and Aoi. It's like wearing a t-shirt with Aoi's picture on it and "I Aoi" printed beneath it. If that was already mentioned, then just ignore me and let me bask in the light of captain obvious.
Old 2006-02-12, 12:23   Link #28
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

There used to be a Chie/Aoi relationship thread that I started a LONG time ago (back when Mai HiME was still on) but I think that got hosed when AS was hacked. We could've used that right about now *ponders*
Old 2006-02-12, 14:15   Link #29
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

A place to discuss the relationship between Chie & Aoi (either in Otome or HiME). Feel free to continue the discussion.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-02-12 at 14:37.
Old 2006-02-13, 00:35   Link #30
BigPrime

Of course, who ever said that they kept to their decision not to think about their little rendevous again? For all we know they wound up right back in the sack together the next night. At the very least, they were sleeping in the same bed at the end of HiME and have been on "a date" in Otome(and Chie was rather receptive to Mai telling her that she could've fallen for her if she were a he). Chie's only been shown to hit on girls and the only males either have really shown to care the time of day about were either actually a girl (Akira) or practically one (Takumi).

At the very least they're very old friends, but they've clearly taken it beyond that. HiME/Otome basically is fanboy/girl bait so I suppose it's really up to the fans to decide just what their relationship is. If they didn't want us thinking they were a couple, they wouldn't put them together morning, noon and night and show Chie hitting on girls like the bifauxnen she is nor shown Aoi as receptive to her advances in her quirky way.
Old 2006-02-13, 01:17   Link #31
kazekiri

Quote:
Throughout the whole anime, they don't even have any body language suggesting that they are anything more than friends.
Take it for what you will but they looked pretty close during that shot in ep. 26 when Mashiro is narrating how 'feelings' are what make the HiME powerful and we see a bunch of characters watching the proceedings.
Old 2006-02-13, 04:44   Link #32
Sei-sama
Shizuru & Natsuki!!

they are SO a couple

I wish we could see more of their relationship........................ if that is posible............... sigh sigh sigh ... ep 18 was so sad...
Old 2006-02-13, 05:38   Link #33
zeiva

Actually if I didn't read what was written on Animesuki forum, I probably will never even consider Aoi and Chie a pair. lol

The scene on episode 26 in My-Hime looks more like a really close friendship to me.
Old 2006-02-13, 09:32   Link #34
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
hey they made a topic with myold psts :P
well then

hmm wasnt thre in an pisode.. i think the one where Nina's pendant gets stolen that Nao runs into Chie, while she was on a date

if anyone remembers can someone see if Aoi is standing near her or someone that looks like it, that would certainly proof something XD

i dont have the eps anymore theyre somewhere on DVD
Old 2006-02-18, 19:00   Link #35
l33tz0rd
say w00t!

;____; Now there's no more any relationship between them...
Poor Chie-chan ;___;, I LOVED THAT COUPLE SO MUCH ;__;

GTFO Sunrise ;_;
Old 2006-02-18, 19:16   Link #36
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tz0rd
;____; Now there's no more any relationship between them...
Poor Chie-chan ;___;, I LOVED THAT COUPLE SO MUCH ;__;

GTFO Sunrise ;_;
And now, Chie has... (spoiler for the ep 19)
Spoiler:

Old 2006-02-18, 20:00   Link #37
warpshadow
wisest of generals

Whatever their relationship in Hime was I don't see much of a relationship happening in Otome, especially afer episode 18.
Old 2006-02-19, 03:04   Link #38
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Huh?
Since when they are sleeping together lol?
Ain't that DVD extra about the 2 of them showing off their boobies?
Wait a minute, i'm talking about DVD special 3.
Is there an extra about 2 of them?
*super confused*
It's the extra about the two of them ... from the images it looks like they are in the same room ... hmmm .... what could that mean