AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-12, 00:41   Link #1161
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
It would have been harder for them to get inivolved in missions that would make them look good since from what we've seen the airforce is tied to specific planets, unlike the navy which goes everywhere.
In my fic acutally no the Air Force is the “Army” and the Navy is well... the Navy. The Navy is charged with moving Air Force units around and dealing with NAW and issues there on (though due to there prominence they muscle in on AW as well), but inside the TSAB the Air Force has jurisdiction over pretty much all planets and units on them controlled from a central command (though this is based on Mid instead of the Main Branch). It’s the various Ground Forces branches that are tied to specific worlds and so have more limited in scope.

Quote:
Much better. In truth I had been a little concerned about making them into SEALS after some of the discussions that had taken place back in the other thread. This will suit me just fine.
Yeah this seems much closer.

Quote:
I recognised some of them.... but obviously I need more help in this area
I think I knew like two of them, but I'm pretty sure I've said before traps do nothing for me.

Quote:
Teh! OY! Leave some for me!
Nuuu it's mine!!! *locks his sanity in a safe* Haha try and get it now!

Quote:
Facepalming counts for destroying the thread right?
Ummm... no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Come to think of it... It is somewhat correlated, we don't have a lot of perfectly sane people, but a lot more of less-than-sane progressing to insane...

And the more this thread grew the Khrackier it got... There's actually less people active now compared to the past, possibly why it seems to have more sane posts for now, save the random bursts.

Amen.
To many cooks spoil the stew... or at least cause it to bubble over into an ungodly crack fueled blob creature that consumes everything around it and spawns more of itself.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 03:45   Link #1162
Aaron008R

*pops in and pats Cadia Zwei's head*

Ugh...-_-
Cadia Zwei: Aaron onii-tan!!! *glomps*
*is glomped*

^^;;

Random quotage to make me feel better...=_=
I miss the OC and the high-level of activity soooo much! ;_______;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
~Uuuuuh T_T still no time to write or break backlog.
I know the feeling only too well... ;_;
So much school workload!!! T___T
I'm almost always too drained to write anything!!! ;___;
I wanna write my GuardianS!Teana scene and some Mahou Shounen Enforcer Aurion one-shots~!!! T________T

Quote:
Anyway, like I said before, I plan to modify things around Rogue Squadron a bit. now, I may have been a bit dramatic back there with the whole rebuilt thing, but really the Squadron won't change that much. Keroko was an instructor first and foremost, and now we know that SAFA units are formed out of elite air mages. Since they're a unit that develops new combat techniques and tests equipment, making Rogue Squadron a SAFA unit seems natural. It evens the instabillity I had with Keroko previously (I made her juggle Squadron duty and training duty, which I will no longer have to) but as a price I will have to somewhat lower their heroics, since they're not a combat squadron they won't see as much front line action (they will see action, though. Nanoha went into action too despite being an instructor, and those techniques tactics, and equipment do need field testing) but all things together, they will remain the same. Just less.... war hero-ish.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
If it was me, I'd actually prefer the Rogue's as the members of SAFA too.
Though the heroics and such might take a bad hit, being part of the elites is hardly a bad thing. Aurion would have been a prominent SAFA Elite himself in the past if he didn't transfer over to the navy so quickly. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

[Ding Dong]

Outer Cadia wishes to bring you a very special reminder:

Spoiler for What they all have in common:

Remember, never judge a book by it's cover. And always look before you leap.

[Ding Dong]

*RUNS FASTER*
Trappy compilation is TRAPtastic!!!

XD

Quote:
Same here... And as I purge Kha of Khrack, the IRC keeps finding more to his comrades. And with Anita getting influenced (She even sang "My Boyfriend is an Otaku"!!! ), that means while Kha is getting better, Artei and Sophia are rolling lower and lower for Sanity saves.
*Points to self as the person who suggested her to sing that in the first place*

Quote:
Looks like Rogue will be in for a major overhaul... And possible screw up the Cente Gravia plans.

Wait no, I'd just drag them in like how the Aces got dragged into a war they had no part of.
You always find a method to connect things, anyway. So I'm not worried. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Nuuu it's mine!!! *locks his sanity in a safe* Haha try and get it now!
*blowtorches the safe open and grabs ALL the sanity!!!*

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I NOW HAVE THEM AL-*is shot*

@KBT: Welcome back! =3

Well, gotta go back to my busy world again...;_;

Cadia Zwei: Bai-bai, Onii-tan!

*pats Cadia Zwei's head again and pops out*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-06-12 at 04:21.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 05:39   Link #1163
mamott99
The Burning Toilet

Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Quote:

[Ding Dong]

[Ding Dong]

*RUNS FASTER*
Lowe, what the *static* are you on? -_-;

Still, I laughed when I saw that.

Because on a scale of 1-10, "I'm lactose intolerant and I decided to set my toilet on fire. I downed a quart of 91% rubbing alcohol. It destroyed the porcelain in my bowl and I'm down a toilet. What should I do?" is a 3.141159265...
mamott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 06:19   Link #1164
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Hey guys... Run through this for me and help me solve an issue here.

Essentially right after the 'backfire' that goes on here, I have a passage the more or less focuses on Crash's primary attribute. I don't want to feel like I'm reiterating something that's already too well known by the time you reach it in the story. But at the same time I want the passage to click in everyone's head. "Oh yeah..." And not just the readers. So did I write it interestingly enough?

Spoiler for Passage:
This has me thinking... concidering the Wolkies are technically programs, wouldn't that mean they're affected by Crash too?

Quote:

[Ding Dong]

[Ding Dong]

*RUNS FASTER*
I see some traps I don't recognise... got a name list, or at least a show list to go with it? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post

...your name is Yzak?
... Go play Grandia, then come back thank you very much.

... Yzak... how in the hell did you reach that conclusion? -_-

Quote:
Mel: Tesla-chan is cruuuuuushiiiiiiing!!!!!

Arcas: MEL! (Covers Mel's mouth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Isn't it obvious?

That's Nanoha's harem.

*Runs at EPIC FLYING SPEED from the Yuuno fans!*
Nanoha's harem? Now there's an image.

Quote:
Same here... And as I purge Kha of Khrack, the IRC keeps finding more to his comrades. And with Anita getting influenced (She even sang "My Boyfriend is an Otaku"!!! ), that means while Kha is getting better, Artei and Sophia are rolling lower and lower for Sanity saves.

Looks like Rogue will be in for a major overhaul... And possible screw up the Cente Gravia plans.

Wait no, I'd just drag them in like how the Aces got dragged into a war they had no part of.
How so? All I'm doing is making them a bit less of an elite combat unit. They'll still see combat, but their fame will be less for their heroic salvations of battle X and more for their sheer unpredictabillity and creating unorthodox abillities and strategies. They're a bit of a poster unit, they may follow the book loosely, but they're a unit made out of washouts, a unit that screams 'anyone can be a fine mage'

A few core missions will still exist, like the one to Raxus Prime, which is a source for a lot of their fame, but others will be retconned.

They're also a prime unit for testing new equipment, something which Keroko-chan is all too happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*TK continues hording sanity for himself*
*Pops a BoW* Think you can keep up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I know the feeling only too well... ;_;
So much school workload!!! T___T
I'm almost always too drained to write anything!!! ;___;
I wanna write my GuardianS!Teana scene and some Mahou Shounen Enforcer Aurion one-shots~!!! T________T
T_T I hate work. Now I know what my parents meant when they said 'school time is the best time' I should have flunked my exams.

Quote:
If it was me, I'd actually prefer the Rogue's as the members of SAFA too.
Though the heroics and such might take a bad hit, being part of the elites is hardly a bad thing. Aurion would have been a prominent SAFA Elite himself in the past if he didn't transfer over to the navy so quickly. =3
Well, a few heroics will still exist, but that's more or less just to make them stand out from other SAFA units.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 06:35   Link #1165
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
That's indeed how it was used. The author was trying to roughly define the level of authority that an "Executive Officer" (must use Midchildran, must use Mid) has w/i the structure.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, weren't you several months ago arguing that what we know as Enforcers are really 2nd in commands of units? The 2IC of any unit is by definition within the chain of command, not outside of it. And as has been repeated, the term Inspector is so vague as to be almost meaningless. In Commonwealth police forces, it's a moderately junior field-level rank.

Also, something that I was wondering about. If Chrono was really the Athra's 2IC... why is it he was never adressed as Vice-Captain (Fukuchou)? Lindy's the Captain and is adressed as "Kanchou", so logically if Chrono was the XO he'd have been adressed as "Vice-Captain"

Also, isn't "Enforce" and "Enforcement" the same thing in Japanese?

Quote:
If their primary purpose is to check their own people out, that sounds a lot more like Acous. Fate's primary job is criminal investigation.
It depends; like TK said you'll also find FBI Inspectors dispatched as roving troubleshooters - think of it as one job, with two "streams"/career paths, so some guys will be checking on their own people while others will be troubleshooters and others will be leading important investigations.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 07:36   Link #1166
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

*punts Aaron for post and suggesting that to Anita*

Quote:
How so? All I'm doing is making them a bit less of an elite combat unit. They'll still see combat, but their fame will be less for their heroic salvations of battle X and more for their sheer unpredictabillity and creating unorthodox abillities and strategies. They're a bit of a poster unit, they may follow the book loosely, but they're a unit made out of washouts, a unit that screams 'anyone can be a fine mage'

A few core missions will still exist, like the one to Raxus Prime, which is a source for a lot of their fame, but others will be retconned.

They're also a prime unit for testing new equipment, something which Keroko-chan is all too happy with.
Ah I see. Will still need some mods, but it still runs.
Old 2008-06-12, 07:38   Link #1167
Anita
~ I Will ~

*hammers Kha with Goldion and drags him away*

Study for xmas sake!
Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 07:40   Link #1168
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Hai, hai...... T_T
Old 2008-06-12, 09:35   Link #1169
KBTKaiser

How about I adjust the mix a little? >>;

Let's start things off with the long awaited logs of what happened to the Seimonji Brothers under Mabiko/Maouko, shall we?

Spoiler for The Death Drills Part A:

Kinda still sputtering from such a long break...

On the to-do list:
1) Finish the garnet moon theme.
2) Seimonji Training
3) Inducting Seimonji into Arrowhead Squadron
4) GuilliamxKitsune fluff

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2008-06-12 at 10:00.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 10:03   Link #1170
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Before I activate my backlog breaker...
*Flies in and pat's Cadia Zwei*
Koumyou:Sorry that i left you along so long ^^ Com short circuited cause my dad wanted to save $70 for hiring an electrician so he decided to waste $130 to fix my com instead -_-ll
Cadia Zwei: Dare?
Koumyou: Ahh my bad, I went off for a long time before coming back, just don't gl-
*is glomped*
Koumyou: Make sure you that do that 10 times better to Kha
Cadia Zwei: Hai hai ^^

Now then...

I am the ink of my pen
Time is what i lack and paper is what i need
I have wasted over a thousand days
Unaware of want
Nor aware of need
Have cleared backlogs on many occasions
Yet I'll never be spared from it
I present to you

UNLIMITED BACKLOG-BREAKER WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Slowly. I sorta pumped that prologue chapter out without too much effort, but now I'm sitting back and taking a look at where I want the series to go. It's mostly plotted out, this being just the A's timeline I'm working on and not the whole thing, but there are still some details that need to be hashed out before I keep going.
Take your time

Quote:
There's also a possibility that he'll wind up being Yuuno's 'rival' for the duration of the series, with Yuuno getting himself an S2U to be able to keep up with Alex. I may not think too much of ferret boy, but he does deserve a little more time in the spotlight... so long as he doesn't get between Nanoha and Fate....
Yuuno using a staff? Now THAT'S intresting

Quote:
I've also been giving more thought to how exactly his rare skill works and what the effects are. At present the best thing I could compare it to would be the SEED Factor, sans the jewel effect.
=O S.E.E.D

Quote:
Anyways... I've also had my attention diverted in the past few hours by a new character concept for an OC who gets introduced in the timeskip, but I want to work out her character concept with Kero and Kha before I go off half-cocked and post anything about her here; we all know what happens when I post a character concept without completely thinking it through...

Quote:

NOOOO! USB, you FIEND! How could you take Reis-chan from us?!

[Tenth Doctor]What...WHAT...WHAT?![/Tenth Doctor]

AAAAA-RONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?!
Zat, my friend, is ze pinnacle of life

*Pats Cadia's head before going off*
Cadia Zwei: Bai bai Koumyou-onii tan

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 14:43   Link #1171
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
This has me thinking... concidering the Wolkies are technically programs, wouldn't that mean they're affected by Crash too?
One must remember that one of the prerequisits to something going wrong around crash is that there has to be something that can go wrong.

Unlike the characteristics of Seina Yamada in Tenchi GXP, who's horrible fortune takes every potshot at him that possibly can occure... Crash's 'Murphy's Law' effect is not so much a series of random events, as much as a boosted probability of existing values.

In this case, he could climb on a well made and welded jungle gym and nothing happens. However, if he climbs on an old rusted one, made with bolts, half of which are loose... you can bet a large fortune the bolts will start popping out of the frame and the whole thing will collapse.

Likewise between himself, Reinforce Zwei, and the Wolkies... you must first identify something that would have a high probability of breaking in the first place.

In the case of Rein... She actively Unisons with people, yet there is always a moderate risk of unknowns not being compatable. And there's always a risk of incompatabilities reacting like matter to antimatter.

With the Wolkies, there isn't really anything innately mechanical that can 'go wrong' unless you start bludgoning them to death with a baseball bat.
Of course, there is a MINOR chance that with Crash's probability enhancement, he could turn and point at someone while talking, and accidently poke... say... Signum in the breast. And she would react in a violent (And rather uncharacteristly impulsive) manner to the unwelcome touch. (Ken Akamatsu style.) And such reaction would result in Crash getting his ass kicked through a few walls only to come out of it going "WHAT'D I DO?!" While at the same time Signum would recover and be like "What did I just do? WHY did I just do that?"

Of course, the people who know Crash don't actually know that there needs to a prerequisit probability of something failing before he can cause it to fail. They just see him as a walking Murphy's Law.

This is one reason the way the Crash Dominos in the mock battle chapter worked the way they did. Both the cartridges, and the communications tower had no problems in close proximity to crash. However the moment he sent Nanoha's case airborne, there was an introduction of the highly unlikely probability of one of the cartridges randomly finding its way into the microwave - waveguide of the Xmitter tower. And once that went off, new probabilities of damage and collapse were introduced, dominoing until the whole thing came down on Crash.

This is what makes the Final Destination ability something nasty. If you can visualize a chain reaction, however unlikely, chances are it can happen. And if Crash realized this, and knew to study his environment for ways to set off these chain reactions, he could introduce an uncertainty to a stable environment that results in a catastrophic chain reaction.

Of course, this won't become prudent untill near the end of the story when he's trying to find a way to take out the Robot Menace Z-01. And even then, he won't realize it to what its full potential could be. It'll just be a more offhand "WAIT A SECOND!" moment when he offhandedly notes the volitility of the environment around him and decides to use it offensively. Other than that, Mid-childa is safe. (For now. Imagine years down the road and Mishima has gotten ahold of him and forced him to master his 'ability' to the point where he causes minor things just to irritate people he doesn't like. Like leaving a supermarket, but tapping something on the newspaper stand as he leaves because he got bad service... and a minute or two later, the stack of food cans next to the guy who irritated him collapses thanks to a string of bizzare coincidences.)

But Crash is more fun when he doesn't have a clue what's really going on.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 14:52   Link #1172
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
*pops in and pats Cadia Zwei's head*

Ugh...-_-
Cadia Zwei: Aaron onii-tan!!! *glomps*
*is glomped*

^^;;

Random quotage to make me feel better...=_=
I miss the OC and the high-level of activity soooo much! ;_______;

Well, gotta go back to my busy world again...;_;

Cadia Zwei: Bai-bai, Onii-tan!

*pats Cadia Zwei's head again and pops out*
Shouldn't it be Ojii-tan? :3

RUNS
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 05:54   Link #1173
arkhangelsk

To Wild Goose

Spoiler for Space Saving:

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2008-06-13 at 05:55. Reason: To Wild Goose
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 06:28   Link #1174
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To ark

Spoiler for Space Saving:

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-13, 06:58   Link #1175
Liingo
Love Hina?

-Just going to butt in on the conversation for a sec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Now that I think about it, wasn't it Kha who was pushing the Enforcer = SWAT angle?
*raises hand* Nope, that was me While enforcers had been used for OC's prior to my beginnings in the thread, I was the one who first had them as a SWAT-ish angle. (Not something I had in mind.. it was Lowe who pointed it out to me first. I was going more for spec-ops) See fic if you really want to read it. Lowe's comment comes in a few pages later.

That said though, this was before all this info was known about, so I've ret-conning myself to get back to canon.
Quote:
Hmmmm. Interesting. So basically what the author is trying to say is that your basic Enforcer is the lowest rank with arrest/release/enforcement powers that can operate without restrictrions? Makes sense. Then there'd of course be higher ranks and the like...isn't Fate called an Agent or something?
Yep. Well that's what yesy had translated it as.

Quote:
Memo to self: Save up money and start taking Japanese lessons.
Yep, it's fun stuff.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 07:11   Link #1176
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

All the more reason to push a moderately thought-out fic through first than an elaborately thought-out but bound to miss something profile...
Old 2008-06-13, 07:34   Link #1177
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For a change, a different target.

Spoiler:

Though I'm not really taht annoyed with you.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-13, 08:12   Link #1178
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Well pretty much none of us were milotakus until you guys came so errors will come up.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:32   Link #1179
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

At least the milotakus write crack that makes sense.

I mean, yeah, Signum captaining the Macross Cadia, firing the Macross Cannon codenamed Sturm Falken makes lots of sense. Yeah. Really.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-13, 10:06   Link #1180
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And yet mil-otaku crack tends to not resemble Nanoha if they're not carefull.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content