♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Old 2011-07-20, 10:52   Link #222
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Given the trend I should have guessed this would happen...
Spoiler for space:
Heh that poor girl.
Old 2011-07-20, 17:35   Link #223
Midonin
Last Engage

Yes, not only is Mirakurun's theme song getting released, its getting its own single. The sound heard was a small shout of joy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 20:06   Link #224
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Yes, not only is Mirakurun's theme song getting released, its getting its own single. The sound heard was a small shout of joy.
Given the VA of that song I approve ; now if only she'd voice an actual magical girl .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 20:31   Link #225
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Yeah, this was fun. Just like Kyouko writing her name so that she won't shouldn't forget her.

Too bad there won't be a subforum for this series, try to imagine a character poll when among several choices you can pick in the bottom the option: Others - Akarin.
I'd honestly have to agree with you Pellissier because that would be just too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The more I see, the worse I feel for Akarin. It's okay, Akarin! You and Yui will be my favorite characters! ;-;
Poor Akari, she needs a break. ;-;

That intro monologue where her face gets obscured or hidden (even by a sakura petal!) was funny and sad at the same time. I would like to refer to her as the silent hero in this series-- always there but making no significant presence.

Honestly, though, Kyouko really does make this series. Her antics in the last episode was both hilarious and funny, as well cute.

Also, I had flashbacks to Azumanga Daioh when I saw Akarin's hair "bobs" take a life of their own. Who remembers something similar in Azumanga? XD
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 06:18   Link #226
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
If only shounen heroes would have less screen time and get this sort of treatment like Akarin does. Episode 3 was really relaxing, and honestly I could watch this kind of thing all day.
Old 2011-07-21, 14:07   Link #227
Pheonix03

Episode 3 just made it impossible for me to ship Kyouko and Yui with anyone but themselves.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 21:04   Link #228
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm torn between the vice president and Yui for Kyouko, though.
Old 2011-07-21, 22:32   Link #229
liro
Super Driver

More Akarin abuse:

Last edited by liro; 2011-07-24 at 00:24.
liro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 23:18   Link #230
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

They are surely going full force with that, eh?

At this rate Akari is going to be the most standout, since people will try to look for her appearance at almost everything.
Old 2011-07-22, 03:06   Link #231
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm torn between the vice president and Yui for Kyouko, though.
Same, now i am torn between Yui x Kyouko and Ayano x Kyouko also...It's easy to pick Ayano over Yui if I only based on the manga. But then episode 3 really showed a different side of Yui and Kyouko. Hilarious on how Chinatsu already can sense this bond and becomes jealous. Also, if their playing style hint at how they deal with the relationship, then I hope Yui can soon gather her strength high enough to charge on Kyouko

It seems that Akarin is increasingly known for her lack of presence among fans

PS: In the anime, Kyouko's fake flashback on her and Yui's past seems to hint at a kiss. But the manga was a little bit more NSFW (or for broadcasted) as Kyouko's fantasy showed Yui was (or seemed )groping her in various places
Old 2011-07-22, 06:46   Link #232
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Same, now i am torn between Yui x Kyouko and Ayano x Kyouko also...It's easy to pick Ayano over Yui if I only based on the manga. But then episode 3 really showed a different side of Yui and Kyouko. Hilarious on how Chinatsu already can sense this bond and becomes jealous. Also, if their playing style hint at how they deal with the relationship, then I hope Yui can soon gather her strength high enough to charge on Kyouko
Spoiler for manga talk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
In the anime, Kyouko's fake flashback on her and Yui's past seems to hint at a kiss. But the manga was a little bit more NSFW (or for broadcasted) as Kyouko's fantasy showed Yui was (or seemed )groping her in various places
Well...Yui does say that they'll be done with it after Kyoko finishes counting the stains on the ceiling...and a kiss probably doesn't take that long :P

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-07-22 at 07:00. Reason: remember that this the anime thread, discussing future manga events is forbidden
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 09:22   Link #233
Spat

I have watched the first two episodes just now, and at this rate it's gonna be my favorite comedy show of the season. Couldn't stop smiling while I was watching.
And the characters are all so adorable!
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 09:40   Link #234
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Well...Yui does say that they'll be done with it after Kyoko finishes counting the stains on the ceiling...and a kiss probably doesn't take that long :P
And if it's only kissing then Kyoko can't look at the ceiling anyway....

Just to prove that Kyoko's not the innocent, carefree type that her stereotype hinted her to be
Old 2011-07-22, 14:59   Link #235
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

All this Akarin abuse makes me think her next intro will be cut short too- kinda like Baka Pink from the Mahora Sentai Baka Rangers from Negima!?.

Old 2011-07-23, 09:48   Link #236
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

akerin abuse is soo sad still id vote for akerin for poles >_< POWER TO THE UNDER ACHIEVERS
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 10:43   Link #237
Midonin
Last Engage

Pony Canyon has some samples of the character songs up, so I took a listen. Some observations:

-The first track on each of the core four girls' CDs works in the leitmotif from their eyecatch. Good choice.
-Yui has a pretty impressive singing voice.
-I'm drawn to Kyoko's songs, and characters like her usually do get the high-energy rock-style songs.
-The backgrounds of the CDs have one of the hiragana for ゆるゆり in the background.
-Akari's first track is titled "I'm the Star, Akaza Akari". Even in music, she's struggling to assert her role in a universe turned against her.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 21:55   Link #238
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
akerin abuse is soo sad still id vote for akerin for poles >_< POWER TO THE UNDER ACHIEVERS
I will laugh so hard if they "forget" to put her in the character poll. But that's because I'm a horrible person.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 22:02   Link #239
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I will laugh so hard if they "forget" to put her in the character poll. But that's because I'm a horrible person.
as for me i will not rage but laugh also because it must be a marketing thingy to sell her character hgehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 12:45   Link #240
tezu

As expected, the beach episode turned out to be a pure fanservice episode with lots of anime-only fantasy scenes for Chitose (the anime version seems to be enhancing the yuriness) and less screentime for Akarin. I am a little disappointed that Himawari and Sakurako didn't get more screentime but were more or less bickering in the background (I definitely need more tsun/tsun!).

Since I'm not a big fan of swimsuits and beaches, I didn't enjoy the beach episode as much as episode 2, although they examined similar aspects (Ayano's crush and Chitose's fantasies). Anyway, my favorite scenes were when Ayano cycled against a pole while studying and when Ayano thanked Chitose because it hinted at their strong friendship similar to the scene with Kyoko and Yui from last episode. I wonder what's coming up in the next episode?

On a sidenote, I just saw the cover for Yuru Yuri volume 07
Spoiler for adorable cover:

Last edited by tezu; 2011-07-25 at 14:16.
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri