AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 00:10   Link #2041
azziz

i hope there will be a season2,since we could see her little sister-among several other bishoujo,judging from the novel illustration.
a shame there isn't any novel-spoiler in this thread,it's very lacking;doesn't anyone here know japanese?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 01:12   Link #2042
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Gradually Ayame seems to be giving up on Satou, but still Sen has not shown anything more that friendly behaviour to him. Satou on the other hand is clearly falling for Sen, he already sees her as more than another good friend.

I also hope that eating unadon to get over her cold, will lead to an epiphany about her choices in leg-wear
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 01:37   Link #2043
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i hope there will be a season2,since we could see her little sister-among several other bishoujo,judging from the novel illustration.
a shame there isn't any novel-spoiler in this thread,it's very lacking;doesn't anyone here know japanese?
Well, there is a reason why there are no novel spoilers here, this thread is for the anime, but I too just can't help but wonder about the novel. I guess this is because I felt the final episode to be anything but, that I seek closure for this series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I also hope that eating unadon to get over her cold, will lead to an epiphany about her choices in leg-wear
Let me guess. You want to see her wearing ripped pantyhose more often. *runs*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 02:00   Link #2044
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Let me guess. You want to see her wearing ripped pantyhose more often. *runs*
I'm with Shimapan on this one, over-knee socks are the best

I won't lie though, seeing her beaten up with her ugly pantyhose ripped, was a tastefull second... like when she was wearing her boring pajamas, but was ill, mumbling; both gave her an air of vulnerability, making you want to take care of her, and help, and... well, you can guess the rest
Old 2011-12-28, 04:04   Link #2045
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Anyone know if there will be a season 2?
Old 2011-12-28, 04:22   Link #2046
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Satou on the other hand is clearly falling for Sen, he already sees her as more than another good friend.
I wouldn't even say its that far yet. The main thing Satou is feeling for Sen right now is admiration. He really respects her, looks up to her, and generally cares for her. It seems to me its more of a cause of "she's so cool" more so than I need to be her boyfriend type of deal. Satou just doesn't seem to care about romantic possibilities at the moment, though he does like his fanservice.

I also wouldn't say Ayame's chance is completely gone either. The main that keeps her from getting progress is that Satou just doesn't care about being in a relationship in a first place. But he DOES find her attractive, and won't pass up a chance to get a free feel. If he was looking for something, she'd probably have a better chance. She probably realizes this and decided to "cool down", but at the same time, she feels comfortable knowing its just a case of him not wanting anything compared to him flat out rejecting her.
Old 2011-12-28, 06:02   Link #2047
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As much as I love over-knee socks, I think Sen should keep her pantyhose. It gives her a unique flavor. The over-knee socks service is already superbly upheld by the twins and Ume.
Old 2011-12-28, 07:08   Link #2048
Malkuth
Banned

^ don't forget little Asebi
Old 2011-12-28, 08:41   Link #2049
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
I wouldn't even say its that far yet. The main thing Satou is feeling for Sen right now is admiration. He really respects her, looks up to her, and generally cares for her. It seems to me its more of a cause of "she's so cool" more so than I need to be her boyfriend type of deal.
While this makes perfect sense, it can also be seen as involving romance. There are many hints actually, starting from when we see Satou seems more conscious of Sen as a girl from ep 08 onwards, there is of course the typical "he's dense from a girl's advances when it's obvious she has the hots for him" thing involving Ayame, with some of the biggest hints concerning "lover taking care of sick partner" that anime and manga regularly shows us, with Satou trying his darndest to help Sen, first with the meds, and then his remark about showing off to her in winning the highest prize just for her, not to mention Ayame, the friendzoned girl, called him an idiot, which is a very typical response of a girl being rejected, again something seen regularly in anime and manga.

I do like though, how the tv series never pushed one view or the other, it sure would have looked weird had this series suddenly turned into a romcom at the end of it all. I guess now it's great material for a second season

Quote:
I'm with Shimapan on this one, over-knee socks are the best

I won't lie though, seeing her beaten up with her ugly pantyhose ripped, was a tastefull second... like when she was wearing her boring pajamas, but was ill, mumbling; both gave her an air of vulnerability, making you want to take care of her, and help, and... well, you can guess the rest
I can guess the rest, yeah, but why not make it easy for us and give us something to fantasize about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As much as I love over-knee socks, I think Sen should keep her pantyhose. It gives her a unique flavor. The over-knee socks service is already superbly upheld by the twins and Ume.
Never mind my perverted desires, but I feel the same way too.

Now entering the Pantyhose VS over-knee socks wars, on the right we have the pantyhose supporters Kanon and mangatron, and on the left, the over-knee socks fanatics in Shimapan and can't-make-his-mind Malk.

My views are as follows: in addition to Kanon's view, I firmly believe removing the pantyhose from Sen must also require the removal of her combat boots, something she hasn't worn before the Ben-to wars, which may very well be her personal preference. Combat boots don't really go so well with over-knee socks, proof in the pudding demonstrated by Infinite Stratos' Rinny (for those of you who do not understand my nickname lingo, that is to say, the Chinese girl), and HSOTD's Busujima. Rinny, wore some nice looking hiking boots, while Busujima (mostly) wore combat boots. The difference is, Busujima wore stockings, not over-knee socks, further fueling my belief that combat boots + lace = nice view, while combat boots + over-knee socks = hot outside much? remember, we're talking about over-knee socks, which generally provide more warmth than the thin lace in stockings or the nylon in pantyhose. So for a girl to wear boots + over-knee socks would only happen in winter, thereby defeating the purpose of all-year around goodness.

So as you can see, you can't just remove her pantyhose without removing her boots as well, which is one of her defining traits as the Frigid Witch. Your move, over-knee socks supporters (do not forget to bring logic to the table, and not reasoning fueled by personal desires)

I just realized I am waging war against my own fetish for over-knee socks. Oh, the confliction
Old 2011-12-28, 09:28   Link #2050
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
I can guess the rest, yeah, but why not make it easy for us and give us something to fantasize about
When I do, not a lot is left to the imagination

Anyway, I hope I'll finish the two pages of how chapatsu earned her own half-price good tag before I leave for France.

Quote:
Never mind my perverted desires, but I feel the same way too.

Now entering the Pantyhose VS over-knee socks wars, on the right we have the pantyhose supporters Kanon and mangatron, and on the left, the over-knee socks fanatics in Shimapan and can't-make-his-mind Malk.
My priorities concerning Sen are clear:
  1. over-knee socks
  2. pajamas, ill, and vulnerable
  3. torn pantyhose, beaten by the Kyou twins, and face covered by the shopping cart

Quote:
I just realized I am waging war against my own fetish for over-knee socks. Oh, the confliction
Like good old times of pony-tail vs. twin-tails
Old 2011-12-28, 10:19   Link #2051
mangatron

Quote:
My priorities concerning Sen are clear:
  1. over-knee socks
  2. pajamas, ill, and vulnerable
  3. torn pantyhose, beaten by the Kyou twins, and face covered by the shopping cart
Why you make this so hard for me your list of desires, as translated:
Quote:
  1. zettai-ryouiki
  2. sleeping Sen, not-thinking-straight feverish Sen, and ready-and-willing Sen
  3. death to pantyhose, over-knee socks defeats pantyhose, and basket on her face covering her lost pride
*runs*

Quote:
Like good old times of pony-tail vs. twin-tails
This (anime) series sure lacks a twintail, huh? I made mention once before about the serious lack of ponytail as well. It's almost as if the creator tried his best not to have any of that in here

Bring on a season 2 with the twintail!
Old 2011-12-28, 11:44   Link #2052
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Why you make this so hard for me your list of desires, as translated:
  1. zettai-ryouiki
  2. sleeping Sen, not-thinking-straight feverish Sen, and ready-and-willing Sen
  3. death to pantyhose, over-knee socks defeats pantyhose, and basket on her face covering her lost pride

*runs*
You can also interpret it as:
  1. lock on prey
  2. immobilize target
  3. leave the remains

Quote:
This (anime) series sure lacks a twintail, huh? I made mention once before about the serious lack of ponytail as well. It's almost as if the creator tried his best not to have any of that in here

Bring on a season 2 with the twintail!
It's only ben-tou, the whole season was very poor on twin-tails; on the other hand it offered Kirika.

As for Ben-tou it is tailored for school uniform fetishists
Old 2011-12-28, 12:00   Link #2053
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Well, there is a reason why there are no novel spoilers here, this thread is for the anime, but I too just can't help but wonder about the novel. I guess this is because I felt the final episode to be anything but, that I seek closure for this series

I agree. The ending could've been much better.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 12:00   Link #2054
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

I loved this show, and Yarizui. <3 Although I would've wanted some Yarizui action against Orthros.
Blazing CobaltX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 13:03   Link #2055
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hands up who thinks the Extra "Episode 13" will be the obligatory BluRay-sales-boosting "Beach/Hot-Springs Episode OVA" that has become almost obligatory for all Shounen Anime of late?
Old 2011-12-28, 13:15   Link #2056
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing CobaltX View Post
I loved this show, and Yarizui. <3 Although I would've wanted some Yarizui action against Orthros.
Her beautiful defeat was not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hands up who thinks the Extra "Episode 13" will be the obligatory BluRay-sales-boosting "Beach/Hot-Springs Episode OVA" that has become almost obligatory for all Shounen Anime of late?
Don't use accursed terms, it's seinen

As for the extra, cool, I had no idea one was coming, but I given some artwork I saw flying around, hot-springs sounds probable. Nonetheless, I would prefer a normal episode, no need to boost the service in this show
Old 2011-12-28, 13:17   Link #2057
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
As for the extra, cool, I had no idea one was coming, but I given some artwork I saw flying around, hot-springs sounds probable. Nonetheless, I would prefer a normal episode, no need to boost the service in this show
And more importantly, the giving us the criminally missing final battle, even if its another chapter you must click, and even if it only lasts 5 minutes.
Old 2011-12-28, 14:00   Link #2058
Malkuth
Banned

LOL, only 5 minutes... by the way, colour me strange, but I didn't mind the reduced length of the final battle, on the other hand, the flashbacks were a tad bit longer than I would like.
Old 2011-12-28, 15:25   Link #2059
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
LOL, only 5 minutes...
Sorry about that. I'm one of those muscleheads who grew up on a steady diet of Yuyu Hakusho, Dragonball Z and Slam Dunk from the late 1980's to the Early 1990's.
Old 2011-12-28, 18:39   Link #2060
Spat

I'd love to see this get a second season, because I can't get enough of those twins!
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, light novel, shounen