AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 04:34   Link #161
Peanutbutter

Oh wow, the post-ED scene of episode 3...
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 07:55   Link #162
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The better skits in this episode involves the guys with girls From something as simple as which guy Tadakuni's Imouto would date out of their group, to Sugita (yes, he's forever Sugita) internal battle over the girl with the mole hair I guess you can't have a slice of life with only boys in it... Even the girls at the end has a point

...Well there is one exception, the ping pong trivia quiz match was hilarious
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:49   Link #163
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The better skits in this episode involves the guys with girls From something as simple as which guy Tadakuni's Imouto would date out of their group, to Sugita (yes, he's forever Sugita) internal battle over the girl with the mole hair I guess you can't have a slice of life with only boys in it... Even the girls at the end has a point

...Well there is one exception, the ping pong trivia quiz match was hilarious
You have a point there, all the scenes I've liked best so far involved girls in them: the literature girl, Tadakuni imouto, Nago-san, mole girl.... I like the shorts at the end of the episodes that feature girls as well. I wonder if those "funky girls" at the end of episode three and our guys will ever cross paths?
The guys are pretty funny on their own, but I find their antics funnier when it shows how the girls react to them.
Old 2012-01-24, 16:06   Link #164
com_gwp

Why are the Sugita sections so superior? Riverside girl and Mole girl skits are easily the best in the show so far
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 16:11   Link #165
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Another thoroughly enjoyable episode! I continue to really like this one. In particular the ping pong trivia quiz made me laugh quite a bit.

7.5/10 vote for this ep from me.

BTW - the female parody at the end of the ep completely caught me off guard....
Old 2012-01-24, 16:41   Link #166
Spat

My favorite part this episode was the Mole-girl part, but the parody after the ED was indeed amusing as well. In my opinion you just can't go wrong with characters voiced by Yu Kobayashi.
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:06   Link #167
Setsuryuu

It's actually summer where I live! xD

Of course the summer vacation episode would be the weakest... Nothing important ever happen in the daily summer vacations of the true lives of Highschool Boys... XD And that's no reason to forgot that the school started anyway! (this anime is full of truth! XD)

Btw, Tabata Hidenori (finally I got his name XD) you never cease to amaze me... That mole hair skit is something so totally like "I'd have done it back in the days" too! XD

"Just forget it, she'll never understand you're just being kind." The awful truth that pierces the heart of someone worrying too much about something that doesn't really matters! Oh, the drama of the life of someone with too much spare time! XD

I wonder if the imouto picked Karasawa for the compatibility of both having no eyes at display... XD Those eyeless sisters...

And look at that, they made a sketch with highschool girls about that song that got cut out... nice. xP
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:05   Link #168
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I continue to think that this is probably one of those all or nothing series, where the viewer is either going to buy into the experience of find the whole thing incredibly stupid – how you feel about the omake (which I thought was an apotheosis of comic genius) is probably a good test. Personally, I find the show hilarious (and incredibly stupid) but I could see where it’s not going to work for a lot of people. It’s really going all on on the idiocy, and in being about the trivial and the mundane minutiae of adolescent male life. If “Bodacious Miniskirt Pirates” is the most deceptive title of the season, “Daily Lives of High School Boys” is surely the most accurate.

What's cool is that it’s as if DanKou had a listening device recording everything I’ve bitched about when it comes to slice-of-life/school life anime and where it’s gone over the last few years and made an anime just for me. If anything, I suppose the fact that the manga was written in the first place means there really is a subset of fans who feel the same way, which I’ll hold onto for consolation when this show tanks in BD/DVD sales.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:17   Link #169
Silverwyrm

one thing I like here, is the general lack of females makes them appear all the much cuter when they do show up in a skit ;p
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:23   Link #170
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spat View Post
My favorite part this episode was the Mole-girl part, but the parody after the ED was indeed amusing as well. In my opinion you just can't go wrong with characters voiced by Yu Kobayashi.
She overdid it a bit in my opinion. That is not how a normal person communicates! Also the excessive yelling! Stop it!

As for our bros, they need to get laid. Seriously! Could lead to some gags too. The third episode was surprisingly tame on the funny department. I was expecting the radio show to be more punchy, but that didn't really go anywhere. Same with the train monologue. I was expecting some wacky punchline, but the girl actually said thank you and it just sort of... stopped. The punchline and the slap on the beach I didn't really get. Must have been some Japanese wordplay or something. I only found the first bit and the table tennis to be decently funny. Imouto makes everything better.

Also, did anyone else notice they didn't invite the guy who just stared blankly with a stupid smile to the beach? I thought that was pretty funny. Poor guy.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:39   Link #171
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Curse you Lost My Music! You have created a rip in the space time continuum for posting those pictures! The eyeless girl must remain eyeless!

Karasawa is just awesome XD And Tadakuni's sister is even more awesome XD I can see them as a couple, but I don't think thats ever......ever going to happen

Oh Hidenori, you are your opinions :P "Those girls... like their noodles and men the same way: Hot"

I didn't know that one of the daily activites of a highschool boy was to pretend to be on a radio show

The story with the girl on the train with the mole had be grinning the whole time XD I find it so funny how the male characters take things like that so seriosuly, but thats one of the reasons I love this show

But what is this!? No Literature Girl!? I need my weekly dose of Literature Girl! *Starts breathing heavily*

Also, I sure do hope those girl version of the male characters at the end meet up with the male characters, that would be so awesome
Old 2012-01-24, 18:40   Link #172
Blaat

The ping pong segment was pure gold. As was the female omake at the end to quote Homer Simpson: "It's funny, because it's true".
Old 2012-01-24, 19:22   Link #173
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh Yu Kobayashi, Yu so crazy. XD

Not sure how I felt about them spending the first minute of the ep talking over a still sky shot. At least this ep got that dreaded DJ skit out of the way. Ping pong segment was gold for me, poor Takanori. The punchline of the summer montage skit felt weak, certainly not on the level of "But we are an all boys school". Unfortunately three episodes later I still find the OP horribly bland, uninspiring, unfitting and visually hella boring. I thought it might grow on me or something but nope. I kinda wonder if that's the whole point though, to parody typical shounen anime openings and convey the whole "this show is lazily brought to by the following sponsors" thing they like going on about.

..."Don't say lazy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
The punchline and the slap on the beach I didn't really get. Must have been some Japanese wordplay or something. I only found the first bit and the table tennis to be decently funny. Imouto makes everything better.
Spot on, it's a pun on the words 面食い (attraction to physical looks) and 麺食い (eating noodles), both pronounced as menkui. The subs actually worked rather well in conveying the joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Also, did anyone else notice they didn't invite the guy who just stared blankly with a stupid smile to the beach? I thought that was pretty funny. Poor guy.
I found his stupid blank expression so amusing that I kept paying attention to him throughout the skit just to see if he did anything else. Even when he didn't, I somehow found him the funniest thing about the skit, coupled with the fact he was nowhere in the next like you mentioned.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 19:24   Link #174
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The mole girl was quite cute as well...

Oh, I guess this is why the girls in the show don't have names- because this is how guys identify them

Book Girl
So-and-so's Sister (x3)
Mole Girl
Convex Girl
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 19:34   Link #175
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The "High School Girls are Funky" had names, though...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 20:00   Link #176
Texas84
よろしく

The radio show was my favorite. Who hasn't done that as a kid? And have you ever tried to listen to Japanese radio? They nailed it.

And need more end-girls onegai.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:43   Link #177
webkid94
*Author

NIS America has licensed Nichibros:
http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?...mb_Vol202.html

Great news!

Here's the press release (PDF):
http://nisamerica.com/nart/pbombs/20...20120124pb.pdf
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:49   Link #178
Kakkou
Tch.

Well that's... interesting. The thought of this show getting NISA's premium packaging is odd, to say the least. Nice to see NISA being more active at licensing though.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 23:05   Link #179
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Filling you summer days with fun and seeing it time for school

Cool now if it can be dubbed
Old 2012-01-25, 02:58   Link #180
Solafighter
Hige

Liked ep3. Mole girl is actually kinda cute(ponytail FTW).
Had the best laugher on "Obama". I watched this scene 3 times in a row, case I find it so brilliant.
Not sure, if its only me but almost every girl is kinda cute and has some appealing of moe.
The parody girls certainly should meet our guys. I wonder how that would end up.

Tags
comedy, satire