AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-06, 05:32   Link #841
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Words can not describe how fucking awesome this anime is. Everything about this episode was just perfect, and every sinlge character showed how great they were. Not a single character was demonised for the sake of making the romance clear. It didn't even need to. In terms of romance it might have already surpassed Chihayafuru for the top contender.

Also, it turns out I was wrong about Kanna. It turns out she knew Ichika was a threat during the Tetsuro-Rain scene. It's just that she was afraid if she thought about it too much, it would turn her into a horrible person.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 05:58   Link #842
Blaat

Wait the main couple got together and it's not the final episode...
Old 2012-03-06, 08:28   Link #843
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well technically in the original Onegai Teacher, the main couple was settled within two or three episodes IIRC.

That said, still ain't clear cut if they'll stay together. Which IMO is a breath of fresh air from your typical romance anime, where the question usually is "who will end up with whom?".

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 09:00   Link #844
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Well, it is harder to write something interesting for a couple (without resorting to NTR)

On the other hand Onegai Sensei, managed it, but kept the relationship ambiguous. The best example that I can think of is KareKano, especially the manga
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 09:32   Link #845
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well technically in the original Onegai Teacher, the main couple was settled within two or three episodes IIRC.

That said, still ain't clear cut if they'll stay together. Which IMO is a breath of fresh air from your typical romance anime, where the question usually is "who will end up with whom?".
There's gonna be sex that's the real reason why

More images~

Seeing how Kanna has the most amount of images from this series they should rename the show to "Dat Kanna"

Last edited by EroKing; 2012-03-06 at 10:25.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 12:57   Link #846
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I sympathize with Kanna, Mio and Tetsurou. I wonder how their triangle would end up
anyway
I don't know about the others' thoughts but I gotta admit it, that scene at the end was pretty sweet IMO.
they just proved that love has no boundaries.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 13:45   Link #847
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
they just proved that love has no boundaries.
It's a bit late now, but I really wish I hadn't watched Gyo the day before...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:02   Link #848
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Indeed, it is refreshingly original. Howeve I fear it is just the quiet before the storm. Something big will happen, if they give us this happy feeling right now.

To me the episode felt almost perfect, up to 99% perfect...... but I cant say 100% because to me it felt rather rushed. They squeezed in too much this episode. It would have been a lot better, if they spaced it out more, so that the happenings of this episode could soak in better.

Btw, for those who also watch Persona 4...... this is how you explain unbelievable things to others. Before you start explaining, you prepare evidence and give a practical demonstration. Yuu should learn from Ichika, hahaha
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:40   Link #849
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Very enjoyable episode, with one of the best actual kisses I can remember seeing in anime, and some great events. I still don't really feel the love between the main characters, but not for want of the show's trying to get it across.

Of course in real life, people would not have been so calm after being teleported here and there and having someone revealed as an alien, but it was all in a good cause.

The only character I really feel anything for is Kanna, and that's probably because of her voice and her situation. Ishihara Kaori continues to do a good job, and surprised her 2channel fans with how well she did the full-on emotional scenes with Ichika and with Tetsurou. But she's not the only good voice here, and she's far from the most professional one. Tomacchan was great saying, "And this is the fifth time," at the end. And Asumi Kana's little squeak of surprise and embarrassment when Mio saw Tetsurou was memorable.

I am beginning to maybe understand Ichika's position. She's not in any government force. Maybe in her world, people are so rich that teenage girls can have their own spaceships and go off exploring wherever they want. It is hard to see how she can stay on Earth. Will Kaito go off with her when she leaves?

They are certainly setting us up for Remon to be an agent of some kind.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-03-06 at 14:56.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:55   Link #850
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

They are certainly setting us up for Remon to be an agent of some kind.
I also had the feeling that Remon wasnt trolling, when she said that. But really? A MIB agent that attends high school.... aha, ok

Also I never had the feeling Remon was malicious. She likes to troll and pull the strings, but had she want to harm Ichika in some way, she would have done so by now.
Old 2012-03-06, 14:57   Link #851
SidVicious
Anime addict

Maybe Remon is just reporting to Mizuho about her daughter.
Old 2012-03-06, 17:11   Link #852
Spat

Well, I sat there with a big dumb smile on my face for the entire episode, but man, was it beautiful. Takes my personal No.1 position for best romance (so far). Can't wait to see what's coming next.
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 23:11   Link #853
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I also had the feeling that Remon wasnt trolling, when she said that. But really? A MIB agent that attends high school.... aha, ok
IF this is a sequel, then it would make sense that MIB would station someone where they know that there was a lot of alien involvement before. Besides, it's possible that standstills give one special abilities to sense things in others.

Have been rewatching the original series as well, and had forgotten that the other couple there had the girl constantly hugging her teddy bear until she made her move as well.
Old 2012-03-07, 01:04   Link #854
EroKing

Quote:
The thing about her age.

She could very well be the same age as Manami or more, well in her 30's.
Old 2012-03-07, 01:26   Link #855
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Or Remon could be, you know, quite LITERALLY eternally 17...

Old 2012-03-07, 02:59   Link #856
konart

Or she could well be an alien too, and Manami is a MiB agent.
Old 2012-03-07, 04:09   Link #857
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
The thing about her age.

She could very well be the same age as Manami or more, well in her 30's.
Quote:
Or Remon could be, you know, quite LITERALLY eternally 17...
I thought about this myself, that this could be a hint. Remon looks like a loli, but acts quite mature compared to the others. But then somebody here mentioned it is supposed to be a hidden joke, so I didnt feel confident enough to mention it.....

Quote:
IF this is a sequel, then it would make sense that MIB would station someone where they know that there was a lot of alien involvement before. Besides, it's possible that standstills give one special abilities to sense things in others.
Well yeah, that makes sense. But wouldnt that put onegai teacher and ano natsu in a direct relationship? That could actually become problematic, since the series are done by different studios, right? But yes, it makes sense that way and since onegai teacher actually worked in a school, it is only logical to plant a student agent in there.
Old 2012-03-07, 04:21   Link #858
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Just saw that ReDrop (the circle not the mangaka), are publishing a doujinshi featuring Ichika in COMIC1☆06
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 05:24   Link #859
EroKing

Quote:
I thought about this myself, that this could be a hint. Remon looks like a loli, but acts quite mature compared to the others. But then somebody here mentioned it is supposed to be a hidden joke, so I didnt feel confident enough to mention it.....

Well yeah, that makes sense. But wouldnt that put onegai teacher and ano natsu in a direct relationship? That could actually become problematic, since the series are done by different studios, right? But yes, it makes sense that way and since onegai teacher actually worked in a school, it is only logical to plant a student agent in there.
Kuroda Yousuke has done the script/screenplay for both the series. Another common thing I found is the recording stuido being Studio Gong.
Now I'll just wait for Remon to reveal herself as Ichigo or will she troll us till the end?
Old 2012-03-07, 08:30   Link #860
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Oh don't mind me. I'm of the opinion in that Remon = Ichigo.

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen