AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-05, 02:55   Link #81
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Ugh, this episode had quite a few elements that I hate about this show, Akito, Akito, and more Akito. Yuki being an arrogant so and so. Characters treating Tohru like a baby. Dude she's not going to shrivel up and die because you left her alone for a few hours. And not a single adult for miles around. *eyeballs Shigure* Yeah, I said what I said.

And, I'll mention something I liked, so this post isn't just all complaints. Kyo, just about everything about him this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Are we supposed to understand Akito's power over the others? Why don't characters like Kyo just tell him to f-off? Akito's being head of the family doesn't seem sufficient to explain the deference he receives, especially since he's an asshole. Is there more, but I've missed it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's obvious to me he's supposed to the reincarnation of the person who first held the banquet for the Zodiacs, since he's the one inviting them every year. Probably has supernatural powers that prevent Zodiacs from hurting him, otherwise he would have been beaten up or worse a long time ago. There's only so much shit a person can take.
I really hope the show finally gets into this, because at this point it's annoying. Akito's taunts are so laughable that the fact no one's actually just laughed in his face and told him to f' off is beyond me. He's a psychotic juvenile with delusions of grandeur.

The only thing I kind of agree with Akito on is his assessment of Tohru, she does come off a little to Saintly, and I don't mean that just because she's a decent person. My favorite moment with her was actually when her "I'm fine, everything is fine" mask started to break a few episodes ago when her and Kyo had that conversation about her mom.
Old 2020-06-05, 03:37   Link #82
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... I never saw Yuki as particularly arrogant except to Kyo, who's so much more of an asshole to him on every occasion.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-05, 12:01   Link #83
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... I never saw Yuki as particularly arrogant except to Kyo, who's so much more of an asshole to him on every occasion.
Well, yeah, Kyo is really aggressive with Yuki but when your entire life hinges on defeating someone who everyone says is better then you and that you can't seem to defeat no matter what you do...you're probably going to grow resentful.
Old 2020-06-05, 12:47   Link #84
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He isn't just aggressive. He repeatedly physically assaulted Yuki, including in his (Yuki's) sleep.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-05, 18:17   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
He isn't just aggressive. He repeatedly physically assaulted Yuki, including in his (Yuki's) sleep.
Well, when your entire livelihood rests upon defeating a seemingly invincible opponent, you probably would get that desperate...
Old 2020-06-05, 19:14   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Seriously??
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 17:04   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, they explained who Akito is this week. His exact abilities are unknown, but we know he holds absolute power over the Zodiacs. Although they won't be inside a cage, Kyo isn't the only one who will be confined. Akito is planning to have all of them live with him until their deaths. I guess he's letting them enjoy a taste of freedom for now so they can suffer more later.

Tohru, of course, doesn't want to let that happen and vows to break the curse. Interestingly, she seems to be thinking of Kyo first and foremost.

It looks like the trip is over and... why was Rin even there again?
Old 2020-06-08, 18:30   Link #88
Frontier

Mogeta! The show kids love and teenagers struggle to understand .

It's sad seeing Momiji's happy-go-lucky face subside to show the deep emotional trauma and sadness lying underneath .

We get more insight into the complex relationship between Akito and Shigure. Shigure was apparently much "nicer" to Akito compared to their dynamic now, or at least more honestly nice, and Akito blames a woman for it. And there's a "Ren-san" who's causing trouble back at home .

The one thing the Sohma's were most concerned about happened...Akito confronting Tohru. Tohru and Aktio finally have a proper confrontation and Akito wastes no time attempting to browbeat and emotionally tear Tohru down, complete with cutting her skin (after assaulting poor Momiji) .

Tohru asks the million dollar question of who exactly Akito is within the Sohma family the curse, and it turns out Akito is the equivalent of the God who held the original banquet with the Zodiac, making him essentially the God of the Zodiac who they are cursed to forever defer to and hover around for the rest of their lives no matter their true feelings. All the worse because of how much of a rotten "God" Akito is .

Kureno is confirmed to be the rooster and Tohru finally meets him, if only as an after-thought. Seems like Akito is also concerned about something going on with Kureno, seemingly brought by his meeting with Arisa .

Looks like Yuki has a feeling that that Rin is acting partially out of concern for Haru...

Confronted with the fate of the Sohma's and especially the prospect of Kyo's confinement, Tohru resolves to somehow break the curse and save them .

Oh hey, Yuki insulted Kyo to get him to sit next to Tohru. How nice of him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It looks like the trip is over and... why was Rin even there again?
To meet Tohru ?

Although in all seriousness I think she went there to find Shigure.
Old 2020-06-08, 19:19   Link #89
Wandering Soul

Akito and Tohru finally had their confrontation and it went as expected. Akito didn't hesitate to verbally beat her down and reveal his actual status among the Soma family. The confrontation did serve to inform Tohru of family member's situation (especially Kyo's) and harden her resolve towards saving everyone in the family.
Old 2020-06-08, 20:59   Link #90
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Akito really have some anger issues and didnt really hesitate tearing into Tooru

Yuki still know how to push Kyou buttons
Old 2020-06-09, 22:23   Link #91
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Glad Kyo realized why everyone was leaving Tohru behind, even though they didn't want to go. It almost makes Yuki's outburst about getting Akito mad acceptable. I don't usually think much about Momiji, but he was wonderfully pristine this episode. I was very impressed at how he was trying to protect Tohru from Akito, even though he has to more-or-less absolutely obey him. In comparison to the others(Yuki/Kyo) at least, but I know they couldn't really do anything, and even if they did, Tohru would be the one to suffer. Either way, he shined in a big way for me this episode. Really shows how much he loves Tohru.

Woo boi.... as a watcher of the original 2001 series, when I saw Akito pop up unannounced, I got scared af when Tohru came to protect Momiji. Yeah, if you've seen the original, you know what I'm talking about; that scene. But now revealing who he actually is in this episode and how he relates to the Zodiacs, that scene in the original stands to be even more terrifying than before .

Anyhoo, Akito is really serving himself to be the vile villian. He clearly has an inferiority complex in regards to Tohru and is afraid she will "take" all of the Zodiacs from him. And it certainly is going down that route. He came to try and shake Tohru like he does with the rest of the Zodiacs, into thinking that there's nothing she can do and that his presence is omnipotent, but his interaction only further fueled her desire to see the Zodiacs live their lives freely. I'm not exactly sure what she can do(its possible Shigure has an idea, since Hattori has made countless inferences that Shig is using Tohru in some capacity; either that, or maybe to get back at Akito for a past transgression), but it'll be interesting to see the sole entity trying to stand up to Akito.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-10, 02:57   Link #92
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And now... the true battle is about to begin.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-10, 22:52   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And now... the true battle is about to begin.
The closest thing in Japan to a Saint versus the human personification of the God of the Zodiac .
Old 2020-06-15, 16:40   Link #94
Frontier

I guess it makes sense that after Kyo realized his feelings for Tohru that it would be time for him to resolve his relationship (or lack there of) with Kagura .

Ayame...the type of friend who will slip into your house while you're gone, miss out on all the drama, and turn your house into his mancave. His intentions are good, but he never quite sticks the landing .

Man, things are so bad for the Cat Zodiac that the only "freedom" the have to look forward to is dying and being buried away from the Sohma estate because they wo't even let the Cat be buried with the other Sohma's. Jeez .

Tohru re-affirms her resolve to end the curse, and Kazuma realizes how important she is to Kyo (and how much she in-turn cares about him). If anyone has a chance of helping the Sohma's save themselves, it's Tohru .

Yeah...Akito is pretty childish in the worst way possible. The Sohma's ended up with the worst God .

Rin's boots were made for walking, even on traditional Japanese flooring .

So Kagura finally gets a date with Kyo..one that reveals the truth of their relationship. Kagura was Kyo's only friend and playmate as a child, but she initially only hung out with him to make herself feel better because of how unhappy she was over being a Zodiac while Kyo had it worse. And then her impetuousness led to Kyo revealing his true form and freaking her out .

Her "love" for Kyo was born out of guilt and a desire to become someone better than the person who abandoned and used Kyo. But in-spite of all that false pretense she did genuinely fall in love with Kyo, and she finally confessed her pure love for him in the end. Kyo may not return her feelings but he appreciates that she was there for him as a child and that, of anyone in his life, she did love him .
Old 2020-06-15, 17:40   Link #95
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 4:

good episode. Kyo is so fast to protect Tohru from danger.

I hope Haru's relationship with Rin can still be fixed.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-15, 18:36   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, even a character like Kagura actually has a lot of depth. She's mostly been comic relief ever since she first showed up so I wasn't expecting this. Even though she used Kyo to feel better about herself, at least she's better than some people who still think of themselves as the most unfortunate in the world despite knowing Kyo's circumstances.

I loved the way Kyo reacted to the reveal. He was simply thankful that someone extend a hand to him back, no matter what Kagura's reasons may have been. He's also aware how fortunate he is to have people like Shisho and Tohru in his life. This says a lot about the kind of person he is.

I'm glad Tohru didn't decide to tackle the problem alone and asked Shisho for advice. It seems like Rin shares her goal, so perhaps she might find another ally in her. There's no doubt Tohru can win her over.
Old 2020-06-15, 20:08   Link #97
Wandering Soul

I liked seeing Tohru being so proactive about dealing with the curse. Asking Shisho was a good first move and Rin could be a potential ally down the road.

Kagura actually showed quite some depth. Her feelings for Kyo the result of guilt and overcompensating for her past self, though they eventually became real. She still got turned down though, but Kyo makes it clear he is still happy to have her in life and that she loved him.
Old 2020-06-15, 20:42   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely get to see a lot of Kagura

Well Ayame really know how to make him self at home
Old 2020-06-16, 07:53   Link #99
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought this one of the better episodes, particularly the scene between Kagura and Kyo. It must have been hard for her to make that confession. Nice to see her portrayed as having more depth of character than we'd seen up to now. Before this, I saw her as an annoying character who seemed included largely as comic relief.

I miss Tohru's friends especially Uotani. After she became involved with one of the Soma's, the whole story line was dropped.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 08:11   Link #100
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 5:

was laughing so hard at the haunted house part. Haru help calm Tohru by making a drama.

oh, Arisa and Kureno look good together. To me, they actually look like a newlywed couple eating. Arisa's facial features, she looks mature like a girl in mid twenties.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote