AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-07, 22:50   Link #41
tritoch

I'll watch it simply because it is pure eye candy.

Hopefully a.f.k. goes 2007 and does a release in x264 instead of the usual XVID. A show like this deserve a better encode

@ Kaoru Choujo

Ueda Yuji isn't on the credit list. Its actually Ueda YOUji. Similar names is really similar..

Last edited by tritoch; 2007-07-07 at 23:53.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 22:50   Link #42
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
The censorship really doesn't seem like it's "censoring" in the usual sense. Rather, I think it's a layer of the humor which is presented.
Are these "censoring" humor that were originally in the manga ?

I haven't read the manga.
Old 2007-07-07, 23:53   Link #43
wao
OK.

Yeah, I'll definitely watch it even just for eye candy. You gotta love the old film style of some parts and as usual the brilliant use of colour... what I'd do to take a look at how the storyboards for this are designed.

But if the material itself doesn't start sounding a bit more interesting my interest will definitely wane, not least because I want to punch Nonaka Ai and a lot of the stuff wasn't all thaaat interesting... There's a limit to how much you can rely on in-jokes, although that's just my perspective as someone not knowledgeable of all the ins and outs of otaku culture.

When is Shinbou going to do another "serious" show... muttergrumblewhine.
Old 2007-07-08, 00:03   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
...Ueda Yuji isn't on the credit list. Its actually Ueda YOUji. Similar names is really similar....
Thanks. That'll teach me to have more respect for ANN. I thought it was just an error, since I didn't know Ueda Youji 上田陽司, and only knew Ueda Yuuji うえだゆうじ
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 00:10   Link #45
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Yeah, I'll definitely watch it even just for eye candy. You gotta love the old film style of some parts and as usual the brilliant use of colour... what I'd do to take a look at how the storyboards for this are designed.

But if the material itself doesn't start sounding a bit more interesting my interest will definitely wane, not least because I want to punch Nonaka Ai and a lot of the stuff wasn't all thaaat interesting... There's a limit to how much you can rely on in-jokes, although that's just my perspective as someone not knowledgeable of all the ins and outs of otaku culture.

When is Shinbou going to do another "serious" show... muttergrumblewhine.
Shinbou's shtick is definitely getting very stale. I'd also like to see him return to doing something like Soultaker or Petite Cosette, but who knows anymore...

Edit: Ok I kinda take that back a bit. The art and visual direction in this is phenomenal...

Last edited by aardvark; 2007-07-08 at 02:50.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 02:18   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Are these "censoring" humor that were originally in the manga ?

I haven't read the manga.
Nope, there wasn't censoring. Then again, fanservice wasn't all that common.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 12:26   Link #47
mangasuki

- The hopeless anime show episode 1 -

mangasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 13:20   Link #48
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

As usual with Shaft works, I found this a visually arresting episode to watch. I have not read the original, so I am looking forward to the development of this storyline. I am still unsure whether our protagonist is optimistic or simply naive...I could certainly use an optimistic story to fill in the void left by Manabi Straight.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 15:27   Link #49
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Hopefully a.f.k. goes 2007 and does a release in x264 instead of the usual XVID.
Hopefully they can do just that, and not go to HD. That would be real bad.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 01:41   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
...Hopefully a.f.k. goes 2007 and does a release in x264 instead of the usual XVID. A show like this deserve a better encode...
I've changed my mind about this since I find my aging laptop (1000mHz, 640mb ram) usually can't handle x264. I always go for the xvid version, instead of either x264 or sizes 1024+
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-10, 03:14   Link #51
domino
デレデレ

Are any groups subbing this series? Out of all the anime coming out this year, this one is the only one (that I haven't read the manga version of) that looked interesting...

I only checked out the OP and ED, and I approve. It seems like a very dark comedy, and I love that kind of sarcastic humor.

The old fashioned film style is really appealing to me, since you don't usually see that kind of thing in anime.

I just hope this won't be a show with a lot of fanservice. >< I usually hate shows that have an all-female cast and one man, but the characters in this seem a lot more original and interesting than the characters you find in mindless harem shows, so I hope the series will not ruin them with cheap fanservice.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 13:42   Link #52
herbert

No, domino, there are other male characters in this anime, though not very prominent ones. Just in the 1st ep, two male characters other than Zetsubou Sensei were called by names. So far, I don't think this anime will be loaded with fanservice unless director decides so. What I am worrying about is the censorship on those citations.

1st ep was good, better than I thought except some middle-aged man's face everywhere. Virtual-wise, drawings were beautiful and stylish; plot-wise, the whole episode flew fluently, did not feel like the main plot was a combination of two chapters.

Hope a dark version of PaniPoni Dash.
Old 2007-07-11, 02:12   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Are any groups subbing this series?....
According to the Who Subs What wiki, a.f.k. plans to do it.
Old 2007-07-12, 18:13   Link #54
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

after reading the synopsis back on page 1, I decided needed to dl this now

Art was beautiful! I loved it! The whole old film style was nice change of pace. I hope this is subbed soon since I had no idea what was going on But this is def on my too-watch list now. I just hope the old guys face isnt in every epi....
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 18:27   Link #55
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
According to the Who Subs What wiki, a.f.k. plans to do it.
And since a.f.k.'s sub is now out, this thread needs to be moved!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 19:18   Link #56
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

We should be moving soon. I actually had problems finding the thread. I kept looking for "Sayonara."

I'm actually checking this out because I like the subber, and because someone said, "hell is freezing over" on the first page. It peaked my curiosity.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 20:53   Link #57
Mentorian
Matsuri

Weird series but very interesting. I think I will enjoy this series.

Not sure why but I keep thinking of seeing Kimihiro Watanuki as the despairing sensei. The atmosphere of the series really reminds me of xxxHolic.

Moreover, everytime I listen to the VA for Kafuka Fuura (the super-optimistic girl) it always reminds me of the VA for Ichijou/Konoka. Are they both the same?

Finally:
Spoiler for Hello generic students from Pani Poni:
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 21:22   Link #58
Ashlotte
Clockwork

So this is where the thread was hiding.

Well after watching the first episode I guess ill have to put hidamari on the back burner...I can tolerate watching one shinbo show, but trying to follow two at once gives me headaches heh (Most of the reason why I dropped negima!? when hidimari rolled around).

Overall it was a beautiful and entertaining episode except for one massively glaring part........Those...damn...faces...

I know I know its shinbo's style, but this time it just felt like he was defacing his work just to be different. I mean there was so many beautiful colors and scenes then wham...that stupid face...sigh. Speaking of lovely visuals I thought the ED was one of the more stunning id seen in recent memory.

Ill keep up with the series since it shows alot of promise and really at this point the only thing that would cause me to drop it is if he keeps abusing the face's or something similar to that.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 21:50   Link #59
domino
デレデレ

Episode 1 was great. It's rare for me to be hooked on a show at the first episode (since first episodes are often terrible), but the show exceeded my expectations, so I'll watch it through the end.

It was hilarious (all the chalkboard gags..), clever, and beautiful (nice art style). It's refreshing to see a comedy anime with such original gags and style. Mellow (I like the dark natural color feel - A room full of high school girls who don't have bright pink hair and/or giant moe eyes and voices? finallyyyyy. ), yet funny.

I hope the rest of the series will be just as good.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:09   Link #60
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post

It was hilarious (all the chalkboard gags..), clever,
I had to keep pausing my player to read everything, that was very clever. Im hooked on this and that doesnt happen often for an epi 1.
I loved when the girl (who's name I already forgot) wrote his name horizontally and it spelled 'despair' XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shaft