AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-01, 16:46   Link #81
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I think at times, this guy is a non-entity. He has nothing to strive for, no goals, no passion, no sense of pride to be a person. He is perhaps a real non-person male lead.
Seems to describe me very well. But I will NOT sit down and take all the abuse at me like Kyousuke, I would resist.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-01-04, 20:30   Link #82
Miraluka
Banned

Kyousuke ended being a painful character to tolerate in the anime version of the series just a pitiful sandbag and probably the most pathetic character I've ever seen in the anime world.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-01-05 at 13:20. Reason: missing words
Old 2011-01-04, 22:59   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Kyousuke ended being a painful character to tolerate in the anime version of the series just a pitiful sandbag.
The sad truth of this strong brother that could handle an abusive younger sister with her troubles.. I give my sympathy Kyousuke..
Old 2011-01-14, 18:38   Link #84
Seihai
スマイリウム

Dunno what's gotten into me but after the last few episodes I actually think that Kyousuke isn't weak at all. Not really strong but not weak. Enduring something could be a strength, too, and he said that all the help he provided Kirino was his own decisions. He didn't mention Kirino's 'abuse' to demand justification over something so I take it he could live with it. In the end Kirino went too far being unreasonably rude to Manami and Kyousuke was finally able to snap once at the celebration. It was already clear by that time that the whole party was for his sake to begin with but it was really refreshing to see him snap at least once. All's well that ends well, I liked how he shed tears and totally made up with Kirino.
Old 2011-03-01, 09:13   Link #85
Gamer23
I love swords.

Whoa whoa slow down there! Those comments in this tread are really something. Are you guys associating his personality with real life situations? In anime, their personalities are being somewhat of a meshed up stereotype while in real life, its unpredictable.
Old 2011-03-09, 08:45   Link #86
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

Kyousuke was a pretty good character in my opinion. Though sometimes feels like he's just a plot device (probably shallower character when adapted to anime) but it feels like he genuinely cares for his sister and takes the kirino's invective with an understanding attitude (which by the way seems to be the way in many other anime's which drives the comedic effect). He's a good brother. And all the about "i hated kirino all this time" etc... probably just points to something in the LN and not cowardly blowing off steam when kirino is not around. A relationship with kuroneko would be a nice reward for being such a good brother.

Now Yuuichi Nakamura who voiced Kyousuke was as complete baller! Absolutely on mark with every line. You can tell there was huge amounts of experience and thought put behind all his dialogues. In Ep1 when he first found the game and went up to the room, looked at the game, and gagged about mixing up cases himself "Imouto to?!" "Koi shiyou?!" "Shi-nee yo!" was pure lols. And he doesn't let up throughout the series.

Dude, how can anyone hate on kyousuke?
Old 2011-08-08, 13:29   Link #87
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayoubi View Post

Dude, how can anyone hate on kyousuke?
I KNO RITE.

Kyousuke is the most amazing big brother in anime I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I would totally want him to be my own onii-chan.

I'd certainly treat him better though. Poor dude!
Old 2011-08-08, 21:51   Link #88
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I KNO RITE.

Kyousuke is the most amazing big brother in anime I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I would totally want him to be my own onii-chan.

I'd certainly treat him better though. Poor dude!
Apparently Kyosuke loved how he's treated like now though...
and yes, he's the best brother ever.
Old 2013-04-13, 14:48   Link #89
lovestapler

It's so interesting seeing his character develop, especially the parallels with Kirino's character. I find it so cute how he seems to be becoming more like Kirino in really subtle ways.

Fingers crossed he gets beat up less in the new season. Poor guy.
Old 2013-04-13, 14:54   Link #90
Haiprbim
Banned

The way he told Kirino in his chilled way how she must keep to her real-life friends as well... mmm that was sweet.
Great character, truly one of my favourite.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:42   Link #91
finalfury
Incognito

Summarizing Kyousuke's character interaction to Kirino as of season 2, episode 2:
Kirino giving him another game to play, one that she was hopelessly addicted. There's a reason that she gives as well, even tho he did not hear her. People would think that she would want her brother dead after treating him like dirt. Ayase's yandere moment showed that despite her treatment of Kyousuke, Kirino did not want him dead. There's a moment when he reminds Kirino of her previous statement "I love my friends as much as eroge." and she reacted in a non-aggressive manner. She also listened and accepted the "advice" he gave her. Also, her mentioning of Ayase being made at her to Kyousuke shows that she is more open with him about her personal life even though Kyousuke never referred to Ayase by name when mentioning to not neglect her friends.
As of now, the difference of degree in violence between Kyousuke and Kirino from season 1 and season 2 is actually remarkably different. In the beginning, she didn't care that he existed, didn't talk to him, did not like to be physically close to him, and was physically violent towards him. In season 2, she is less physically violent towards, listens to his opinions, is self conscious of him, is able to take him by the hand and drag him through Akihabara when Kuroneko and Saori would have been more favorable companions to take a trip with through Akiba.
If you watched the True Route, the last episode further establishes the importance of Kyousuke to Kirino; if she did not care about him, then how the hell was he the only one who was able to convince her to come back to America. Kirino is a very stubborn person, which is highlighted in the anime, since even her father could not stop her from indulging in her anime hobby and to be honest, her father scares me a lot but I think he's still cool.
Ex. Kyousuke's "My heart is a clear as the blue skies. How did you know about the ero-site thing?" to his mother in episode 11
Kyousuke's " Why are you being so picky. What are you, my girlfriend?" to Kirino in episode 10 in comparison to
Kyousuke's "Don't misunderstand me. The only one I sexually harass is you." to Ayase in season 2 episode 2.
Kyousuke's "I've been researching that game. It's for your sake." to Ayase in season 2 episode 2
more to come if i feel like it. Criticism is welcome, no matter how harsh it is.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-04-13 at 19:01.
Old 2013-05-18, 22:24   Link #92
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Someone needs to give Kyosuke a damn hug. Unless he doesn't care about his spiraling rep, he's likely to crack any minute now.
you'd need back bone to crack he ain't got one. imo he is spineless
Old 2013-05-18, 22:29   Link #93
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, he's definitely spineless. That's TOTALLY why he called Kirino out on her bullshit last season.
Old 2013-05-19, 18:31   Link #94
aldw

From reading about the LNs, I'm hoping to see things come full circle with kyousuke regarding his attitude about things...
Old 2013-05-20, 11:31   Link #95
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
I missed a day when a male protagonist could actually say NO to the girl who's been constantly giving him nothing but shit and tell her to shut the hell up.

But well, typical weakling protagonist is weakling *yawn~*
Old 2013-05-20, 14:54   Link #96
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
I missed a day when a male protagonist could actually say NO to the girl who's been constantly giving him nothing but shit and tell her to shut the hell up.

He actually did get angry at Kirino once for being out of bounds. Perhaps it's not that he's not able to say no, but rather he considers it that Kirino is giving him more than "nothing but shit".
Old 2013-05-20, 15:26   Link #97
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
He actually did get angry at Kirino once for being out of bounds. Perhaps it's not that he's not able to say no, but rather he considers it that Kirino is giving him more than "nothing but shit".
I would have to agree with you, I think the reason he doesn't say no though is because he has just started talking to/interacting with his sister again after a period of time where they didn't interact at all and he probably doesn't want to do anything to put the new interactions in jeopardy. Despite what he says/thinks, he really does enjoy the time he spends with Kirino, he doesn't view it as her ordering him around.
Old 2013-05-20, 16:02   Link #98
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post

if you think Kyousuke = weakling protagonist than you haven't watch any weakling protagonist yet
Old 2013-05-20, 16:24   Link #99
VTP-DDM

Kyousuke's reasons for not saying "no" to Kirino have varied throughout the series, starting with doing it for himself and his own peace of mind, to doing it out of obligation as her older brother, to, finally, doing it because he actually genuinely cares about her and wants their relationship to improve. I feel it's worth noting that of every major things he's done for her - helping her make new friends, convincing their dad to let her keep her hobby, helping her and Ayase make up, etc. - Kirino didn't force him to help.

That's why I can't see him as spineless or weak. A spineless or weak person wouldn't try to improve the situation out of fear he'll just make things worse or he'll face conflict unless he received a lot of encouragement to do so, but Kyousuke still tries to help despite knowing of his own shortcomings and the potential dangers to his own reputation. The guy is good at enduring and tolerating many things, too, and can own up to his own mistakes and apologize for any wrongdoings, which is something I, personally, don't associate with spineless people.

I have a lot of respect for him as a character. While I feel there are some situations he can be a bit more assertive and that he could stand to be a bit more ambitious about what he wants to do with his life, there's a lot to admire about him.
Old 2013-05-31, 21:17   Link #100
GundamZZ
残念美人

Kyousuke likes to kneel down and prostrate to people. It's way too frequent. It's probably the joke on him. It's Nth time the viewers telling him to stop making ORZ. It makes him looks like a weakling. It somehow works. People feel awkward and listen to him. Nevertheless, the act damages his reputation and character.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Closed Thread

Tags
characters