AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 19 31.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 29.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-15, 07:09   Link #41
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
After watching it again, Black Lotus said that it took her less than a minute to get here. Hence, it could have been possible that she got here early, and was here the whole time watching and waiting until she was needed.
Speaking of this, I wonder how did she get that Legendary Horse? Sorry man, I might have missed it.
Old 2012-09-15, 07:12   Link #42
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Speaking of this, I wonder how did she get that Legendary Horse? Sorry man, I might have missed it.
Okinawa arc. It was mentioned that AW Okinawa has a lot of legendary flying enemies plus the reins she got from Sulfur Pot.
Old 2012-09-15, 10:07   Link #43
Jerseykid

That was a good episode. Black vice introduces the next tier of bad guys.
Old 2012-09-15, 10:32   Link #44
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Great episode.
Even after changing the location so many time, Noumi had anticipated that they'd choose Umesato for the duel and prepared an ambush...what a nasty guy.

Black Vice...yet another troublesome opponent.

Taku shows the results of his IS training, pretty awesome
But dispite his efforts, Noumi takes the upper hand by taking Chiyu hostage...and the torturing of Chiyu was painful too :/

So yeah...Taku has really low luck...
I guess most of it was used in his past life as Hoshino Kazuma (voice actor joke )

So...next ep, Black Lotus vs Black Vice and Silver Crow vs Dusk Taker.
Old 2012-09-15, 10:33   Link #45
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Good episode, although I nearly facepalmed when Silver Crow just charged at Dusk Taker without any thought.

I too, and deeply suspicious of Chiyuri and her motives. She still hasn't properly explained why she is helping doucheface Noumi. However, since Dusk Taker physically assaulted Lime Bell, perhaps she really will betray him. Also, I'm in agreement with others that she may have notified KYH about what was going on.

I deeply enjoyed Cyan Blade's smackdown of Dusk Taker. However, he made the error of letting Dusk Taker talk, and talk, and talk. Personally I would have stabbed him right in the throat mid-sentence.

And what an entrance by both Black Vise and Black Lotus.

Endless "Believe" Soul
Old 2012-09-15, 11:19   Link #46
novalysis

Horray for plot! Wait, what, the season is almost over? With all those plot threads still up in the air? With the fascinating Accel World Research group just entering the picture?

Second Season please! Accel World Research Group and the Chrome Disaster issue (rather obviously hinted) seems like two huge elephants in the room that the Second Cour has only touched and skimmed the Surface of.
Old 2012-09-15, 12:40   Link #47
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
Vorpal Strike? Dam Kawahara really took elements from SAO when he wrote AW, and yeah, those Noumi's expressions god.
In the first place, it was while writing SAO's later technologies that inspired him to write AW. When he wrote AW and submit it to Dengeki and got an award, SAO was still a (hobby) web novel, so it's not strange that he 'lifted' stuff there directly and use it here. Then again, he's free to do so and apparently keeps doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Black vice looks cool.
By the way, anybody thought the way Black lotus entered seemed familiar to a certain Black swordsman in SAO ep 6?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Kawahara Reki is the reason
It's amazing how people still don't understand the negative implications (to their beloved black swordsman) of the association......
Old 2012-09-15, 12:43   Link #48
HandofFate

man Taku, are you always gonna be the jobber every major fight or regular fight this whole series?

Who cares if he took Chiyu hostage jeez. She isn't part of the Sudden Death Battle, if she loses, she just respawn later. So just cut them both down if you have to, it be faster than torture.

Cyan Pile has like 1 HP behind Nomi....how about you just turn around and step on him and finish him off....or let the other guy just smash him.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that Kurohime showed up. I thought the whole point of this arc was to show that they were strong enough to not have to rely on the leader for everything and that they were reliable enough to take care of their own things. But no, she shows up at the end anyway proving that Haru and Taku are useless without her.

I predicted a few episodes ago that Chiyu probably has a special move to reverse Nomi's steal ability since she was going as far as to play the 'im betraying my friends (but I'm actually not)' plot device. Hopefully she do something.

I did laugh as Nomi was poking holes into Chiyu's body. XFD. What a helpless girl.
Old 2012-09-15, 13:15   Link #49
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Haru deserves to lose this fight just by showing off his sheer incompetence at the start...After all this time, all the crazy things he's seen opponents do in the Accelerated World and especially with Dusk he charges straight at him just because he isn't showing off the wings? Ugh file that one under too stupid to live...

Oh well in the end Lotus to save the day I suppose.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2012-09-15, 13:22   Link #50
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Too shonenish for me. But I hope for good final
Old 2012-09-15, 13:33   Link #51
Jerseykid

I thought for sure we would see the evil whatever armor inside Haru take control again instead of Haru just breaking free with some other method.
Old 2012-09-15, 13:58   Link #52
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...was this match suppose to be a 2 vs 1?
...either it was that Black Vice or Chiyu...it was meant to be a 2 vs 2 unless i was missing something...but Haru and Taku's reaction made it look like it was a 2 vs 1...

...anyways...besides that...seriously there is no justice for Taku...training all this time for that Cyan Blade...and he still doesnt get to end the fight? ...like come on now...give the guy some credit...dont toss him to the side like that...

...as much as i want to see Noumi lose...to be honest i dont really like how it is going about...
...i wouldve prefered Haru/Taku as a team to win...dont really need KYH...
...and by the look of it...its turning into a 3 vs 2 vs PMS Chiyu...

...anyways looking forward to the ending...
Old 2012-09-15, 13:59   Link #53
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Darn, so many homages and throwbacks. But awesome save by Black Lotus :3

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-09-15, 14:01   Link #54
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I thought for sure we would see the evil whatever armor inside Haru take control again instead of Haru just breaking free with some other method.
Well, last time he got really mad, which summoned the armour. If Noumi killed Taku before KYH arrived, that would have probably done the trick.
Last episode it was mentioned how both positive and negative emotions can fuel the IS, with Haru declaring to rely on hope/broship/etc, so unless some really tragic/dramatic/etc happens, we won't get to see the armour.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
...was this match suppose to be a 2 vs 1?
...either it was that Black Vice or Chiyu...it was meant to be a 2 vs 2 unless i was missing something...but Haru and Taku's reaction made it look like it was a 2 vs 1...
This.
While we got the whole 'Not Burst Linker = No Nakama', basically it was them wanting to fight Noumi 2v1.
If I was Noumi, after nearly dying the day before, I wouldn't take both of them on at the same time, unless I have some insurance. Even having a healer wouldn't do it, two damage dealer with IS against a (rookie?) healer? No way.
Despite constantly changing the location, they were surprisingly naive to think they'd get to fight him 2v1.
Old 2012-09-15, 14:02   Link #55
zRichard

Great episode, terrible arc.

Most uninspiring and boring antagonist I've seen in recent years, it's funny how the production is trying to distract the viewers from this by making him look as nasty as possible with those facial expressions.

Even Guilty Crown did far better job portraying bad guys being bad.
Now, Noumi? I don't even care if he gets what he deserves.
Old 2012-09-15, 16:51   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I wish AW wouldn't resort too much on "taking your sweet time for the finishing blow, then got bursted in the end because of that" plot device.
Really, I didn't really mind that Taku overwhelmed Noumi this way and let a sentence or two, but I expected him to just finish him off while saying so, instead of pulling a death flag like that. It was sort of a terrible way to shoehorn Noumi's "drama", which was ironically "realistic" enough than just being "urr I R evil" or "ENVY MAX".

Also, Lime bell as an hostage is just silly: not only she isn't part of the death match, but even if she loses BB, I doubt Chiyu had that much longing feelings for it than the rest of them. Of course, it is another way to stay together even on the other side, but her safety in that context wasn't exactly important, to put it bluntly. Sure, Chiyu went through lot of pain, but leaving Noumi like this would absolutely not guarantee her safety.

Just like HandofFate, I'm also disappointed that Kuroyukihime showed up, since again, both Haru and Taku again need her help to go through this. It just cheapens all the development thrown for the past few episodes, rendering them moot.
Old 2012-09-15, 17:28   Link #57
Lycodrake

8/10 for this one.

Greatly enjoyed getting to see Cyan Sword, as well as the awesomeness that is Big Damn Hero Black Lotus.
...still want Noumi crushed, but I can sympathize with him...like maybe a miniscule grain of sand amount. XP
Old 2012-09-15, 17:43   Link #58
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Just like HandofFate, I'm also disappointed that Kuroyukihime showed up, since again, both Haru and Taku again need her help to go through this. It just cheapens all the development thrown for the past few episodes, rendering them moot.
How does it render the development moot?

First of all, all the steps Haru and Taku took to get to this point has not changed. Haru even because he's such a good guy, much to the chagrin of others, offered Noumi a clean fight mano a mano. Noumi found some way to cheat because clearly Haru and Taku still don't know everything there is to know about AW. Sure no problem, the fight became unfair.

Noumi called in his boss, so KYH showing up evens the playing field. She's here to take care of the third party (Who I might add seems out of Taku/Haru's league right now in abilities), and she's still letting Haru fight his own battle against Dusk Taker. If Haru loses, he loses brain burst. Nothing's changed. He still has to prove his self worth.

I'd see your point if KYH beat everybody up, but she's not interfering in the actual conflict between Noumi and Haru/Taku/Chiyu. Nothing has been cheapened here.
Old 2012-09-15, 18:42   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I definitely made a careless choice by using "moot" here, however I stand my point with their development leading not really farther than before. It feels incredibly silly to me to have characters having a development and in the midst of concluding with the "fruit" of their labor, the plot has to hijack with a situation that could be prevented easely.

The situation presented could have been handled by both Taku and Haru if it wasn't for the lame moral lesson which lead to a unlikely turnabout. Certainly Taku and Haru managed to go ahead with their trauma and personal conflict, leading to a proper conclusion with Chiyu sooner or later. The problem is that it just becomes hindered, not by the enemy trickery, but by their own naivete (pretty much how Haru decided to use his special attack instead of pounding Dusk Taker to death).

The development isn't cancelled, the progress is still there. The problem is that the reversal of the situation is a just step back in the purpose of the development (as in, being able to stand on their own). So instead of bypassing this naivete or making up for the mistake, we need the intervention of KYH, which doesn't ring that well to me. And frankly, the intervention of Black Vise actually make the confrontation "fair", since it would be a 2 on 2, with both Haru and Vise unvailable for battle. So it becomes a 3 VS 2 (even if Taku is "KO", he still has a SP gauge full, which is not to be ignored). Of course, I have no problem for them to confront it with a 2 VS 1 mindset, since there is no need for mercy or sense of "fairness" required for the likes of Noumi.
Old 2012-09-15, 18:54   Link #60
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...if this match was just Haru/Taku vs Noumi...i dont really see how this is considered a "Burst Linker's " battle...

...going by previous eps where Haru said that Noumi is just using the system as a means to the end...arent they just doing the same double teaming him to a duel?

...besides random Chiyu being Chiyu...Black Vice's appearance at least made it a more "ideal" duel...
...like what was Noumi's level? ...i thought they were all more or less the at the same level...so its not like it was Haru/Taku vs a king or epic boss battle...its just some punk kid...

...with KYH appearing it just makes things less epic ironically...sure now its Haru vs Noumi...but what about Taku? ...he wasnt considered part of the duel or something? ...his somewhat of a loss doesnt count? ...poor guy...he trained that Cyan Blade and the match itself doesnt recognise him as part of it...

...basically what i see is a 2 vs 2 where one side cheated by using a hostage...and the other side bringing in an extra fighter...
Closed Thread