AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-21, 14:25   Link #41
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

If it doesn't have desu I am not buying it.
Old 2007-01-21, 17:16   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu chan View Post
Geneon licensed both Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden Traümend, the Geneon producer Kevin Chu said they were doing both seasons on the 01-16-07 Geneon Podcast.

Yay, I can't wait for the dvds! First they licensed Ichigo Mashimaro, then Kamichu, and now Rozen Maiden!!! Thank you Geneon, for licensing series I love but never thought would be licenced because of their lack of mecha, violence, and big boobs! Here's hoping more titles like these will be licensed in the future.
That leaves now the licensing for Ouvertüre pending.
Old 2007-01-21, 17:49   Link #43
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka View Post
If it doesn't have desu I am not buying it.
I think it's safe to assume they will have the JP track...?

As for desu in the EN track, I doubt it'd be anywhere near as cute. =P
Old 2007-01-21, 20:55   Link #44
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

I would think they'd have the JP track, Geneon tends to be good about that type of thing.
Old 2007-01-22, 03:48   Link #45
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Slightly dated news, but Ouverture is also licensed along with S1 and Traumend.

Source: http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=918
Old 2007-01-22, 06:00   Link #46
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
That announcement doesn't necessarily say that Ouverture is licensed; it simply mentions that fact that it exists.
Old 2007-01-22, 06:45   Link #47
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I would have to agree, the statement states that "Rozen Maiden" is licensed (without defining just what "Rozen Maiden" exactly means) and then goes on to say that three different series have aired on Japanese TV.

At this point in time we only consider the first two series licensed.
Old 2007-01-22, 13:53   Link #48
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

In addition, in the Geneon podcast which confirmed that both seasons 1 and 2 were licensed, Ouverture was not mentioned.
Old 2007-01-22, 16:24   Link #49
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post
WTF? What's all this about Shinku wanting to be a normal girl?!
OMG, Shinku is Pinocchio! (Although Rozen must have thought that it'd be a shame for Shinku to have a long nose, so he made her a cane instead )

Well, destroying the ~desu and ~nano means half the fun just died... Pity

I wonder if Rozen knew Geppetto... Hmm... Pinocchio must have a pretty powerful stone himself, he's the prototype, the Doll of Dolls, the first... eh... Alice
Or maybe Rozen's Alice is to be Pinocchio's wife... So many possibilities...

Right... Either someone's marketing department needs vacation or reporters/reviewers are high, as always.

Last edited by npal; 2007-01-22 at 16:42.
Old 2007-01-22, 19:46   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ LOL...just imagine shinku saying..."im a real girl!" gives me the giggles

but who says that desu and nano is getting destroyed? i think they will come back as yesu and yes okey they make my ears bleed...but i wont be listening the dubs for long anyway...maybe to check out if gin sama keeps her cool laugh ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-23, 01:02   Link #51
nekokaburi

first off; g'day! long time lurker, first time poster

i don't think desu or yes will even be a part of the dub.

i'l elaberate;

first off, many (here and elsewhere) have said they're only going to watch the dub long enough to see how 'bad' it is. so even if they did leave the 'desu's' 'na no's' and 'kashira's' in, the fans that want them in, wont watch it anyways.

second, 'yesu' isn't a word, and the literal translation of 'na no' is something along the ines of "that's why". this is geneon we're talking about. they don't mish mash english and japanese with their dubs very often.

and third, it'll sound stupid. ADV did the right thing when they dubbed steel angel kurumi a while back, (since kurumi was saying desu to rediculous levels long before suiseiseki). they left the desu's out all together, and focussed on making her voice cute with tone and accent. they also left out "gurleen" or what ever that noise you make when you're hugging someone is. some things just don't work in english (like saying 'yes' after every other sentence)

personally, i hope they leave all the suffixes out, and focus of getting the right cast to do what those suffixes do.

as for having a japanese audio track; ever since the wonderous technology of DVD's, every anime title from 'repitutable' dubbing companies (i.e. geneon, ADV, funimation etc) has included both audio tracks. so it'd be safe to asume, the japanese version will still be included on the disc.

/flame suit on

p.s. and whoever wrote geneon's generic plot description, needs to be shot. that is one thing i hope they do fix by the time it's released (and i have every confidence they will)
Old 2007-01-23, 07:56   Link #52
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Don't worry about the flame suit; I totally agree with you on all points. The copulas are not important to the plot and can, therefore, be left out. The English VAs should be competent enough to get the characters' personalities across without using desu, kashira, etc...

And it'll be on the Japanese audio track anyway, even if it isn't translated.
Old 2007-01-24, 07:03   Link #53
nekokaburi

i'm interested to know (from those of us who may watch the dub, and not just bag it out right away), if anyone has a wishlist for the english cast? (Rachel Hirschfeld + hinaichigo = pure win).

i've been hanging out for more info, ever since they announced the licence, to find out, but they're keeping their mouths shut at this point.
Old 2007-01-24, 14:16   Link #54
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

They mentioned a "spring release"... so earliest would be March... That gives Geneon a good month or two to dangle small bits and pieces of info in front of our collective face.
Old 2007-01-26, 18:26   Link #55
nekokaburi

it'll be interesting to see what's in febuary's issue of newtype regarding it. they had a little bit on rozen maiden overture last month i think, but it didn't really say much, and they got the names all mixed up (they called sousuiseki kanaria i think, and vice versa).

if they want to sell rozen maiden to the ignorant masses they had better start advertising. since if the most read anime mag in the western (and southern go australia!) world can't even get the names right then i doubt there's much hope for the average otaku to know what to expect from this show.
Old 2007-01-27, 14:34   Link #56
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Hmm, dvds, eh?

Now that I think abuot it, it would be awesome if it was aired on television : D
Then again, I doubt that should happen unless Rozen Maiden became a hit in America, and after speaking with a few of my friends that no nothing of anime all the could say is:" That's horrible! Why would anyone want to make dolls fight each other for perfection!"...Lamers.

Also, as for "desu" or "nano." It would sound a bit odd if they included it in there (though it would be major win), I perfer not having it included in anyway since they are definitly going to screw it up in one way or another.
Old 2007-01-27, 19:09   Link #57
Asrialys

Even if they can pull of "desu" and the others it would just sound awkward with the English track. If anyone wants to hear it, then feel free to switch to Japanese audio.

As for TV...that would be nice. But I'd prefer it to be on something like Toonami rather than those stations you need to pay for and have in your area. Unfortunately, Toonami is pretty much full shounen, as it appeals to a larger crowd I suppose.
Old 2007-01-27, 19:13   Link #58
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

[adult swim] does has an an-of-yet untitled anime scheduled to start in March... Oh how wonderful that would be. [as] should air it just to annoy people who hate anime.
Old 2007-01-28, 00:49   Link #59
nekokaburi

here in australia we have channel SBS which stands for (sex by satelite ) special broardcasting station (or somthing like that), which essentially plays movies and tv shows from around the world that are typically not in english.

they also have the odd anime show runing from time to time (evangelion, fully uncut, free to air tv, 1998 FTFW!), they recently had ghost in the shell stand alone complex and samurai champloo on at some point. it'd be great if they'd air rozen maiden, but concidering how long it'll take for RM to be released in aus, and the shows they've played previously (eva, bgc t2040, akira etc...) i doubt they ever will.

i dont know much about pay tv, other than we can't get the anime network in this country yet.

it really doesn't matter anyways, since there's prolly no way RM will get on tv before the melencholy of haruhi suzumiya. that show's popularity is incredable .
Old 2007-01-30, 20:28   Link #60
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokaburi View Post
it really doesn't matter anyways, since there's prolly no way RM will get on tv before the melencholy of haruhi suzumiya. that show's popularity is incredable .
Even the most popular of shows don't make it to non-pay TV. They pick anime that'll appeal to a wider audience. And they end up usually picking something more of the shounen type. The Anime Network is practically all ADV stuff. FUNimation Channel is obviously their stuff plus three RightStuf titles. Bandai and Geneon don't really have a specific channel to showcase their anime except Cartoon Network, which has limited space for anime. Heck, even Adult Swim has lost its way with anime in the past year or two.
Closed Thread