AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2016-11-10, 10:11   Link #1
≠epic failure
Why do you think this isn't more of approved fan translations?

Sometimes Japanese companies give their consent to fan translations (manga, anime, web/light novels). Why do you think this isn't more of a trend? If a fan sub group was to put an approved fan subbed episode or manga scanlation on their YT channel or site, that's where little ads on the top/bottom (in the case of fansubbed shows on YT, 1-2 15-30 sec. ads during the eye catchers). These ads are still a way to get some money.

If the Japanese are hesitant to approve fan translations because they are fiercely protective of their IP, I find it kind of ironic. This is because a lot of IP have elements that they got from the public domain, which means the rights holders themselves have done a kind of fan art/fiction/interpretation.
≠epic fail
Kadmos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 01:39   Link #2
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary
The legal side of intellectual property doesn't really care about fanbases, even if it's the only reason why a particular IP took off anyway.
Have a nice talk with the Animesuki forum members on Discord! (Promise, we won't bite!) Drop me or RRW a PM for the link!

Winter 2018: Violet Evergarden (10/13+1), Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (6/22), and Dagashi Kashi S2 (4/12).
Carryover from Autumn 2018: 3-Gatsu no Lion S2 (18/22).
Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.

New Wiki Project: TOJI NO MIKO (10/24) Project Site on Wikia

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 37. Completed: 326. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote