AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-12, 15:19   Link #1301
mayumi

Vena, I agree on your assessment of zessica.
Spoiler:
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 15:35   Link #1302
kuromitsu

God, this was so stupid. XDDDD Oh, Aquarion. Only you, only you. XD

The high points of the episode as far as I'm concerned:
Spoiler for ep 7:

Btw it's nice seeing both Amata and Mikono coming out of their shell. Amata seems much more confident now than in the earlier episodes, and Mikono is more open than she used to be - instead of withdrawing and blaming herself like she would've done earlier, now she actually expressed her anger.

Yunoha made it to the ED, congrats to her! (I guess this means no pretty Mykage art in the ED... ). And there was a little extra in the OP as well.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-12 at 15:47.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 15:37   Link #1303
Adigard

Awesome episode was awesome... eagerly awaiting the subs so those of us who don't understand moon speak don't miss the nuances. Seven episodes in and we sink our first shipping boat?

Also, we lose the candles with the reveal of our cat-doll character in the ED,

Spoiler:

and she cements her position with Andy and Mix in the OP.

Spoiler:

Nice chunk of character growth though, it's nice to see more character added to Zessica and Amata and Mikono being further developed is a good thing.

Last edited by Adigard; 2012-02-12 at 15:50.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 16:06   Link #1304
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Vena, I agree on your assessment of zessica.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for I never know what to put here...:

Spoiler for Now we know, I'm pretty sure...:

Obligatory: Big Bang!
Old 2012-02-12, 16:23   Link #1305
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Do you have anymore?
Apparently there's another official picture of the same kind, though I have no clue which magazine it's featured in (I wish it were in Newtype as well, I couldn't not order this month's after that previous picture ww), nor I have sighted a higher res version around yet:
Spoiler for Picture:

Managed to catch a few more things after a rewatch - I'll join in what some of you have said, the character development is much appreciated.
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2012-02-12, 16:37   Link #1306
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Picture:
Oh. Ooooh~ Actually I think I like this more than the previous one, it's just more... intimate? I mean Cayenne doesn't even look particularly angry. I hope someone will scan it... (It's ridiculous, it's such blatant pandering and yet I eat it up with a spoon. XD Oh, but they look so good together.)

Spoiler for Cayenne and Shrade:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 16:44   Link #1307
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I can't ship AndyxYunoha anymore. *Whistles, saluting, as he sinks!*
I don't see why not. Probably just a case of older than they look if it hasn't been stated that she actually is as young as she appears.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 16:54   Link #1308
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
I don't see why not. Probably just a case of older than they look if it hasn't been stated that she actually is as young as she appears.
Maybe but she really looks like she's ten.

Though I think the tip of that boat might still be above sea-level.
Old 2012-02-12, 16:54   Link #1309
mayumi

i think sharde and cayenne are most definitely reika and sirius along with some silvia mixed in there for cayenne.

is there any reason amata has dropped any honorifics in regards to zessica? he certainly does't see her as just a guy, right?

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-02-12 at 19:31.
Old 2012-02-12, 20:43   Link #1310
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Considering Andy's fascination with the Big Bang! we may end up with a one-sided ship... but I can't really see the Andy x Yunoha ship getting much traction considering how young she looks / acts. But hey, time will tell.

Shy, insecure girl with Andy's character type works just as well as with Mix's, so who knows... I'll agree that the tip of the ship's still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Also, this was the second time Jin quoted from Go Tight! XD Zettai zetsumei abisetai~
Wonder if Alicia sang that song in the Skies of Aquarion movie somewhere, or maybe it's a song she sung somewhere else? Jin does seem to be a fan of her. Honestly I wouldn't mind an updated version of either OP from the OS being in the show.

Macross F did it as well though, so who knows. Could just be the staff being clever and having fun.
Old 2012-02-12, 20:49   Link #1311
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
is there any reason amata has dropped any honorifics in regards to zessica? he certainly does't see her as just a guy, right?
Judging by how fast he went airborne when she teased him after the seat change... nope.
Old 2012-02-12, 20:56   Link #1312
miketyson

Finally got a chance to catch ep 7 (such a slowpoke). Man was this episode well done. Even the trope-heavy stuff was done in ways that felt novel and fresh (conforming to tropes but not limited by them)?

Spoiler for Episode details:

I could definitely see Andy becoming buddies with Yunoha
Spoiler:
. But seriously he's a friendly guy, I could see him taking her under his wing.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 21:08   Link #1313
mayumi

Zessica doesnt seem to be too found of andy. For some reason their dynamics reminds me of silvia and pierre. Pierre's lol line that went something like "she keeps saying no, but its probably a yes"
Its like all the characters are mixed of 2 or more souls from previous series.
Old 2012-02-12, 21:43   Link #1314
miketyson

Vena: about the balls, I think the full phrase is this:
Spoiler for balls:
Old 2012-02-12, 21:44   Link #1315
Mangaka-chan

Does anyone have screencaps of the ED with the various characters (God I love the art!)? I think some of the characters are featured in the Ed sequence if they play a significant role in the episode (sans MIX for some reason; I think she's appeared in every episode's ED sequence even though she hasn't been the focus of the episode.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 21:47   Link #1316
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Looks like a fun and awesome episode from what I've read here
With my shitty connection, can't afford to get both raw and sub so will have to wait longer for the sub :3

Btw, anyone have the full lyric of Kimi no Shinwa and/or Gekkou Symphonia? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I think some of the characters are featured in the Ed sequence if they play a significant role in the episode (sans MIX for some reason; I think she's appeared in every episode's ED sequence even though she hasn't been the focus of the episode.
I think if the important character get his or her focus episode, he/she will finally appear on the ED sequence. Amata, Mikono, Zessica, and Kagura are understandable they appear since the episode 3, but I wonder why Andy and Mix already have their art too, especially Mix...
Old 2012-02-12, 22:02   Link #1317
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: about the balls, I think the full phrase is this:
Spoiler for balls:
I'm just going to call them Mirror Balls and Mirror Ball attack! Otherwise the translation is mind-numbing: Stationary (...is how I would translate 放置, a bit loosely I admit, but otherwise it really makes no sense trying to turn it directly into English because it'd read like Neglected ->) Laser Reflection Sky Balls. Mirror Balls suffices and conveys the point in two words, perhaps Mirror Sky Balls would be most descriptive.

Jin used Mirror Sky Ball attack!
It was super effective.
Old 2012-02-12, 22:13   Link #1318
miketyson

Yeah, all I have to add is that of all the times I've paused a show to get the dictionary out and look stuff up, this has to be amongst the most disappointing. I thought there might be more to what Suomi was saying b/c of how much planning Jin'd put with the simulations, etc., but nope! She's just narrating exactly what's happening on-screen (and flavorlessly, I might add). What a let-down.

Mirror balls is certainly a more stylish way to put it, but c'mon, in the end it wasn't really that effective, was it?
Old 2012-02-12, 22:16   Link #1319
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Mirror balls is certainly a more stylish way to put it, but c'mon, in the end it wasn't really that effective, was it?
Beat the crap out of the Gerpalt ... Gespalt... whatever.
Old 2012-02-12, 22:25   Link #1320
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Does anyone have screencaps of the ED with the various characters (God I love the art!)? I think some of the characters are featured in the Ed sequence if they play a significant role in the episode (sans MIX for some reason; I think she's appeared in every episode's ED sequence even though she hasn't been the focus of the episode.
The ED animation first showed itself in ep3... and this was the order of the characters, and what was swapped in.

Amata > Mikono > Hill w/ Crosses (Swapped to Cayenne) > Piano (Swapped to Shrade) > Mix > Andy > Book (possibly NOT a placeholder as it's animated) > Zessica > Candles (Swapped to Yunoha) > Alicia > Kagura

Spoilered for image spam... x10 actually >_<;; I'm guessing we're done with new characters as there aren't really any placeholders left (other than the animated book). Pity, Sazanka could look snazzy in that art style.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Btw, anyone have the full lyric of Kimi no Shinwa and/or Gekkou Symphonia?

Spoiler:

Probably doesn't help, but ehh... it's only been a day, right?

Tags
comedy, science fiction